Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

As we are doing contra, we signed OTP on Sat & sell our flat on Sun - 1 day gap. Not sure can we pay the $4k before our buyer pays us? Will there be any risk? How to go about in getting loan from HDB? Loan during 1st appt?

No matter what there is always risk in buying/selling HDB. U won't know if your seller/buyer e-brake before 1st appointment. U have only 2 weeks before u exercised OTP, why wait if u love the unit, i say go ahead with the 4K pay to your seller.

HDB loan -> apply for HLE, u will need the HLE during your first appointment.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

chronograph : We have HLE (HDB allowed us to loan up to $412k but we don't intend to loan that much) When is the real HDB loan takes place? During our 1st appt? I hope to pay the $4k by next week?

Edited by mstan_lee

chronograph : We have HLE (HDB allowed us to loan up to $412k but we don't intend to loan that much) When is the real HDL loan takes place? During our 1st appt? I hope to pay the $4k by next week.

The loan will only take place at 2nd appt, HDB will empty your cpf ordinary account. Guess u will be doing contra, i have not done contra before wonder if there is any interest incur or admin charges. Best if u can time you buy & sell closely so the fund will come in soon enough to offset your loan.

Thanks chronograph, just got to pray hard that the buyer will not play us out.. I'm at page30 now.. jiayou!

WAh...ur COV higher than mine =)

I'm reading from pg 1 till page 8, realised not many floorplans are the same as mine. My EM structure is like an "L" shape. Hence, hall is consider small beside the entrance, dining is at the back facing scenery while another room is just there. Balcony is not the long ones but the short ones with the hall. Kitchen is in between hall & dining area.. Luckily, we are at corner unit & high floor.

As we are doing contra, we signed OTP on Sat & sell our flat on Sun - 1 day gap. Not sure can we pay the $4k before our buyer pays us? Will there be any risk? How to go about in getting loan from HDB? Loan during 1st appt?

Sorry, both hubby & wife are nuts on this...

Dont really understand how ur Floor plan is like....any pics? btw, you can purchase ur unit's floor plan online thro HDB Website @ $5

I went to see a few EM before we decided on HG. There are 3 structures of EM : -

1) Long with big living hall, dining area & rectangle balcony

2) Long with big living hall & dining area but squarish balcony

3) "L" size structure (which is mine) with small with big living hall & a little bigger of dining area. The balcony is small in either rectangle or square size.

We yet to purchase the floorplan at this moment. Heard that our buyer is paying us the $4k next Monday. After that, we shall then proceed to pay ours. My agent advised us to sell then buy for our contra case.

My agent advised us to sell then buy for our contra case.

"Chicken and egg" issue, no right or wrong, some said buy first then sell. Just pray that all transaction goes well.

FYI, I buy first then sell. :D

Any EM owners have a walk in wardrobe? Care to share the pix & price with me pls! It's amazing to have walk in wardrobe (though sounds like dreaming :P)

Any EM owners have a walk in wardrobe? Care to share the pix & price with me pls! It's amazing to have walk in wardrobe (though sounds like dreaming :P)

I have a WIW and with full built-in wardrobe. I don't like WIW with open shelving cause it will collect dust.

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum but like it already for wealth of info. Just bought an EM at Pasir Ris, first appt on 18 May. Wondering if there is any EM owners who fixed a skylight (glass ceiling) at the balcony and the pros/cons of it. Many thanks in advance.

Wow, you have walk in wardrobe.. Is it possible to have the pix to share with me? Or your blog to view?

Understand from my agent, we may be able to move in during Aug but it Chinese July. Opps.. Anyone ever tries to avoid moving on that particular month?