Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Getting my keys to an EM in Pasir Ris on 15 oct. Reno starting 17 oct (due to fengshui). Hope all goes well. Looking forward to our new Plc. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Getting my keys to an EM in Pasir Ris on 15 oct. Reno starting 17 oct (due to fengshui). Hope all goes well. Looking forward to our new Plc. :)

Hi Kajia,

Congratz.

Care to share which block?

We have also bought a EM in pasir ris 1st Appointment postponed to end of Dec

Got my 5RM EM at Hougange ave 1 (Near Lor Ah soo).

Total reno cost adds up to 15k only =) Jus finished reno.

Changed several things myself eg. Door knobs, electrical power points etc etc.

So in summary, reno might not be very very ex. Jus be selective in the things that you do and of cos, compare and bargain more!

Move in for 2 weeks and love the place so much. So many good eating places nearby and so many cheap shops.

Tried walking to kovan mrt, norm walking 7mins for me, 10 min for my wife. Fast walking 5 mins can reach liao.

Got my 5RM EM at Hougange ave 1 (Near Lor Ah soo).

Total reno cost adds up to 15k only =) Jus finished reno.

Changed several things myself eg. Door knobs, electrical power points etc etc.

So in summary, reno might not be very very ex. Jus be selective in the things that you do and of cos, compare and bargain more!

Move in for 2 weeks and love the place so much. So many good eating places nearby and so many cheap shops.

Tried walking to kovan mrt, norm walking 7mins for me, 10 min for my wife. Fast walking 5 mins can reach liao.

HI Duhzzz,

Do you have any before and after photos of your house reno that is convenient to share?

HI Duhzzz,

Do you have any before and after photos of your house reno that is convenient to share?

Here are some photos to share. =)

Floor plan:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OkoGIbTFGn4/S5N0...-h/Picture2.jpg

Before 1:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_OkoGIbTFGn4/S5N0...-h/Picture3.jpg

Before 2:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OkoGIbTFGn4/S5N1...-h/Picture4.jpg

After 1:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OkoGIbTFGn4/TJ4N...0/After%201.jpg

After 2:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OkoGIbTFGn4/TJ4N...0/After%202.jpg

Edited by duhzzz

Amazing transformation for a mere 15k!

Did you do up the kitchen as well?

Nope. No kitchen.

Did living room, dinning, balcony, master b/r, master toilet, and painting for whole house.

Some electrical as well.

Hi All, not sure if the topic is dead. I am a new EM owner looking to renovate the house in due course. Any of u seniors kind enough to share some tips/photos/advice/etc. Would be much appreciated. Do drop me a PM or such.. Thanks!! :)

Hi fellow EM owners.... I have a unit at Hougang and am in the midst of reno. Am thinking of installing 2 compressors... 3 way split for the bedrooms and 2 way split for living and dining room.

Was told that it cant be done cos mine is an old EM, built before 1994 with no upgrading and so the current delivery to the unit is only 8.5amp which is only enough for one compressor to run at any one time.

Was also told that cant use any compressor greater than 24,000 BTU, cos the current will only be able to drive 24,000 BTU successfully.... anymore power than that and it will be un-utilised.....

Whereas another aircon guy that I spoke to said no problem and can run 2 x 34,000 BTU compressors....

Am confused..... anyone has any experience of running 2 compressors in your EM??

What are the power ratings of both compressors and can both be run simultaneously??

THANKS!!!!

TO Andhika....... first decide your budget first, then decide theme and then its time to shop and compare...:D

And if budget burst... which it will 99% of the time...:D then you will have to decide what is the must-haves and what is the good-to-haves-but-not-now....:)

Edited by Kalidor

What is the market rate for COV at the EMs along Toh Guan Road? Had a seller asking 70k for high floor original unit and 45k for a low floor done up one. Seems pretty steep to me.

Hi everyone,

My search for EM started on late 2008 and had '2' misfortune incidents (one signed OTP but some mishap happened between seller and her agent, ended up, my OTP expired without sending to HDB.. The other was that I had my own agent at that time, the seller's agent wanna earn more (another 1%), hence the deal was given to the guy who approached the seller's agent.).

Finally, after a long search, I managed to secure an EM at Yishun.. First appt will be on 27 Sept 2010. Will update more info once I've complete the signing. :)

Forgot to mentioned, the size is 1570 sq ft and COV is 30k ;)

Second appt is on 3 Nov!! Finally, I'm getting the keys ;)

Reno will be the next headache... :P

Hi All! I have recently secured an EM at Tampines.

Am wondering whether is it cheaper to get a whole renovation package from one contractor for an overhaul of the whole unit OR different work from different supplier/contractor?