Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Under the staircase? You can have a little storage area there. I managed to slot in two Toyogo 4-level storage chest of drawers in there and still have space on the side for ironing board and vacuum cleaner.

The alternative is also that the lack of the utility room forces you to minimize the tendency to hoard and add clutter.

Hey cleong! I'm also thinking abt boxing up the space under the staircase. Got any pics to show how much space it is and where do u place the opening? Facing the living rm? Or kitchen? I'm thinking of facing it towards the kitchen.

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

another option of storage area will be the extreme wall away from main door at the dining room... if u put up some folding doors, u can basically create a wall high storage. Don't have to be too deep, perhaps about 400mm.

Hey cleong! I'm also thinking abt boxing up the space under the staircase. Got any pics to show how much space it is and where do u place the opening? Facing the living rm? Or kitchen? I'm thinking of facing it towards the kitchen.

Thanks!

Hi, depends on your layout I think but if you take a look at my T-Blog, on the last page are some progress pictures with the 'door' to the under stairs storage clearly visible.

RB

Thanks!

I'll show you when I get around to taking a photograph of it! Because its not a very significant part of the renovations. I have a photo of its general layout but not the interior.

IMG_3389.jpg

The door to the storeroom faces the balcony and the partition is made out of MDF board. It has a hidden latch.

I'll show you when I get around to taking a photograph of it! Because its not a very significant part of the renovations. I have a photo of its general layout but not the interior.

IMG_3389.jpg

The door to the storeroom faces the balcony and the partition is made out of MDF board. It has a hidden latch.

Same as ours but ours is a cabinet door rather than a whole side panel.

RB

hello all EM owners!!!

Im new to dis thread & soon goin to b a proud owner of EM at JW St 42.. :D

jus hope tt everything go smoothly..cos im waiting for d seller to registered wif HDB as he b using contra..(i hate to wait!)

& rite now I hav to move out from my hse & stay wif my parents & my stuff... I need to place them in a storage.

Anyone out there know any place or mover tt include storage for furniture? really need help as I need to be out by 29/01/11

Appreciate all d replies :D thanks

i am also looking for EM..which areas would be more affordable? usually EM has how many rooms? Are all the rooms on the upper floor?

I tink west area is cheaper then east.. I already done my OTP.. Val at 400K & 25K for COV.. :good:

BB got vry nice EM & if not wrong d price is 500K+..

anyway its up to ur preference

hello all EM owners!!!

Im new to dis thread & soon goin to b a proud owner of EM at JW St 42.. :D

jus hope tt everything go smoothly..cos im waiting for d seller to registered wif HDB as he b using contra..(i hate to wait!)

& rite now I hav to move out from my hse & stay wif my parents & my stuff... I need to place them in a storage.

Anyone out there know any place or mover tt include storage for furniture? really need help as I need to be out by 29/01/11

Appreciate all d replies :D thanks

Congratz! Welcome to renotalk!

Actually I'm currently staying ard JW St 42 area. :P

Your EM ard the blk 548 - 558 area?

I tink west area is cheaper then east.. I already done my OTP.. Val at 400K & 25K for COV.. :good:

BB got vry nice EM & if not wrong d price is 500K+..

anyway its up to ur preference

400K Val & 25K COV is very gd deal! :good:

If it's well-maintained and requires little renovation, then really super gd deal le.

Not easy to find such affordable EMs. :). Got park and Sheng Siong supermarket, and blk 502 market nearby.

:P

Congratz! Welcome to renotalk!

Actually I'm currently staying ard JW St 42 area. :P

Your EM ard the blk 548 - 558 area?

400K Val & 25K COV is very gd deal! :good:

If it's well-maintained and requires little renovation, then really super gd deal le.

Not easy to find such affordable EMs. :). Got park and Sheng Siong supermarket, and blk 502 market nearby.

:P

mine is at blk 407... prefer to do our own design, tts y we try to find reasonable EM wif not much reno done by previous owner so tt we can do what we intend to do.. :dancingqueen:

anyway..for JW area is there any citygas pipe?

Me used to stay at JW St42 area as well. No piped gas, so u gotta plan for tank storage.

As for price, that area is slightly on the low side. Having stayed there for >20 years (1st owners), we seen the transformation. 407 faces the highway and the soon-to-be built EC if the land next to it has already been sold (The land for sale sign was removed recently).

Bear in mind that that era of HDB blocks (all over singapore as well) were built during the infamous Teh Cheng Wan's reign, so the flat construction (materials, techniques, etc) was thought to be less than ideal, according to market hear-say.

Nonethesless, i grew up there, and my mom still lives there, it's an area that i will always belong.

Me used to stay at JW St42 area as well. No piped gas, so u gotta plan for tank storage.

yeah.. that sucks. I was hoping for piped gas... What was I thinking? there isn't piped gas at my current place now, I don't think my new place which is also in the same part of Jurong would have piped gas.. LOL.. will have to "waste" cabinet storage area for gas cylinder and the hassle to call the gas man to replace every now and then... zzz...

As for price, that area is slightly on the low side. Having stayed there for >20 years (1st owners), we seen the transformation. 407 faces the highway and the soon-to-be built EC if the land next to it has already been sold (The land for sale sign was removed recently).

I also agree that area is slightly on the low side.

As for the EC, when HDB announced that the EC site is for sale to developers, my mum thought the EC project is selling units, and told me to go apply. LOL... and it turned out, no developer interested, as there were other more lucrative sites out there then...

Was also considering EMs at that area, due to the lower valuation, but in the end, decided to get the more $$$ one (abt $100K more $$$ in valuation) near to lakeside MRT... hopefully, the resale value will be gd in the future...

BUT... i don't think i'm moving anywhere for a long long time...

the only reason i would be moving... would prob be because i'm getting a pte property or landed house, which I don't think it's possible in a very very long time. :P

Bear in mind that that era of HDB blocks (all over singapore as well) were built during the infamous Teh Cheng Wan's reign, so the flat construction (materials, techniques, etc) was thought to be less than ideal, according to market hear-say.

yeah... heard abt this too... yah.. not just jurong... but also quite a lot of places over SG, as mentioned...

Nonethesless, i grew up there, and my mom still lives there, it's an area that i will always belong.

Yes.. and i'm still going to be staying there for quite some time... :P not that I super love it... I rather stay nearer to town (since i'm working in town), but at least it's relatively more affordable, and it's near to my parents' place...

will have to "waste" cabinet storage area for gas cylinder and the hassle to call the gas man to replace every now and then... zzz...

LOL..I already plan with my design n have plan for an island with storage for gas cylinder.. & yes I hate in d middle of preparing my meal the gas went dead on me :bangwall:

as for d EC, I hope im not affected by it..glad tt I bought a unit tt facing d big canal & expressway.. & reason we choose tt area is for my convinience to send my dotter to her childcare center at JE..as currently we staying at toh guan n its only a walking distance to her center..therefore i need to find house with bus service 187 or 502 to toh guan.

Jus pray tt we make a good decision on buying dis unit for a long term :notti:

went to view an EM at hougang. the utility room was a small. do you guys have any problems with storage then? how much does an EM in hougang cost? this one i went to ia about $465k val + 40k cov.

went to view an EM at hougang. the utility room was a small. do you guys have any problems with storage then? how much does an EM in hougang cost? this one i went to ia about $465k val + 40k cov.

Depends on which area in HG. I have been looking around for a while as well. This is the info i have for those near kovan and lorong ah soo. $465 is pretty low, which area?

Blocks 22+ ~600k

Blocks 23+ ~550k

Blocks 13+ ~500k

Blocks 14+ ~510k

Depends on which area in HG. I have been looking around for a while as well. This is the info i have for those near kovan and lorong ah soo. $465 is pretty low, which area?

Blocks 22+ ~600k

Blocks 23+ ~550k

Blocks 13+ ~500k

Blocks 14+ ~510k

oh that one i saw is in hougang ave 8..haiz oredi sold to someone else