Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

wow so fast u start to look around..i m in the midst of selling my flat in jurong west..now looking for EM in hougang area..

HAHAHA... i'm actually not looking at flats nw but then looking and estimating finance cos i'm currently not working... Sooooo gonna 'submit proposal' to my hubby... LOL... We were intending to get 5rm actually... but i realised 5rm's pricing is mad high... almost same as EM... thatz y we're considering... but then haf to take into a/c the conservancy charges, utilities blah blah blah... but seems like the reno alone is gonna COST A BOMB... *STRESS*

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
HAHAHA... i'm actually not looking at flats nw but then looking and estimating finance cos i'm currently not working... Sooooo gonna 'submit proposal' to my hubby... LOL... We were intending to get 5rm actually... but i realised 5rm's pricing is mad high... almost same as EM... thatz y we're considering... but then haf to take into a/c the conservancy charges, utilities blah blah blah... but seems like the reno alone is gonna COST A BOMB... *STRESS*

then you are doing the research yourself lo....ya at first thot of looking for 5room..but felt prices are too near...might as well get a bigger space then....but then reno is really a huge cash upfront too. we dun wan to get into debts so will use the proceeds from my current flat..but heart pain to spend so much to reno leh......anyway still searching for a nice unit...hope can salvage some items though...heeeee

Edited by joyousonline

then you are doing the research yourself lo....ya at first thot of looking for 5room..but felt prices are too near...might as well get a bigger space then....but then reno is really a huge cash upfront too. we dun wan to get into debts so will use the proceeds from my current flat..but heart pain to spend so much to reno leh......anyway still searching for a nice unit...hope can salvage some items though...heeeee

YA! Same same! LOL... initially tot can take e whole lump sum of cash proceeds but was told half e proceeds gotta go into e purchase of e next new hse and i was stumped... ZzZZzz... so meaning e cash proceeds we getting will be gg into RENO ALONE... so heartpain! But i tink nice unit is really gonna be so costly... but i oso worry abt contra all tt... if the hse reno not finished and i haf to handover the current flat's keys to new owner... i'm HOMELESS!!! LOL... moving hse is so 'fan'... hahaha

Finally,..... I feel so excited to be able to post here :D ... Just did my OTP last night for a Gen2 EM...

Now waiting for 1st appt date.... ..

Hope all goes well

Hi , ermm, the EM with the Square Balcony connecting kitchen n living... My agent told me it's 2nd Gen EM :D

oh i just placed deposit for a corner EM in hougang!! think my layout also like what you say square balcony...balcony quite big wor...

oh i just placed deposit for a corner EM in hougang!! think my layout also like what you say square balcony...balcony quite big wor...

Joyousonline, congrats !!! :D

I'm facing some problem with the seller and agents now even though i had placed the $5k for OTP, hope that everything goes smoothly :)

Edited by Kobelala

Joyousonline, congrats !!! :D

I'm facing some problem with the seller and agents now even though i had placed the $5k for OTP, hope that everything goes smoothly :)

keep your fingers crossed!! me too..not yet exercised though..headache....but really excited to be an EM owner though..really appreciate the big space!

A big hello to all fellow EM owners!

I hope this thread is still active...

If you're all still reading this, could you let me know if any one has constructured a roof at your balcony area? Am unsure of HDB regulations on this even though I have seen some EMs in my vicinity with tiled roofs.

My fiance and I would like to extend our living area and construct a polycarbonate roof at the balcony for an al fresco dining area.

Your invaluable advice would be very much appreciated! :yamseng:

Its been years but I hope you are still reading this! Did u build the room in the end? I am a new EM owner...

Its been years but I hope you are still reading this! Did u build the room in the end? I am a new EM owner...

I have seen units with the newer square balcony and the older long balcony (like ours) both having roofs so I would imagine both are fine. Saying this I have seen a number of units with two aircon compressors as well which is not approved so bet to double check with HDB ;) .

RB

units with two aircon compressors as well which is not approved

currently my seller have 2 aircon compressors, 1 for living room another for d rest of d bedrooms. Question~ Usually before key handover, HDB guy will come n check rite? all unnecessary or illegal reno or fix they hav to take down. What if when they check d hse n see d 2 compressor n its ok? Do I still hav to double cfrm wif HDB :jawdrop: ? Thks

currently my seller have 2 aircon compressors, 1 for living room another for d rest of d bedrooms. Question~ Usually before key handover, HDB guy will come n check rite? all unnecessary or illegal reno or fix they hav to take down. What if when they check d hse n see d 2 compressor n its ok? Do I still hav to double cfrm wif HDB :jawdrop: ? Thks

Depends of what you want. If you want double aircon and the HDB inspection says the unit is ok then you can be quiet and keep the confirmation letter hands with some photos in case anyone later questions it. If you want to adhere to the rules then check with HDB specifically for that topic.

Out new unit was cleared by HDB even though the previous owners aircon install put pipes through a supporting beam (big no-no). Our reno aircon install patched up the beam and went around. Not so nice to look at but in compliance with HDB. Our ID would not consider using the hole already there as it was not in compliance.

RB