Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

mine is a 3rd generation EM and paul aluminium fitted my roller shutter with remote control for 2k.

May I know how long the motor can last and how much a replacement?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I remember reading in one of the earlier posts that polycarbonate roof is no longer allowed due to fire hazard. Also stated in the HDB renovation rules. Only the tiled roofs are allowed.

tristesse, on 11 April 2007 - 05:17 PM, said:

A big hello to all fellow EM owners!

I hope this thread is still active...

If you're all still reading this, could you let me know if any one has constructured a roof at your balcony area? Am unsure of HDB regulations on this even though I have seen some EMs in my vicinity with tiled roofs.

My fiance and I would like to extend our living area and construct a polycarbonate roof at the balcony for an al fresco dining area.

Your invaluable advice would be very much appreciated!

My current home have those zinc like roofing on balcony, its ugly & worse of all its **** noisy wen raining heavily. Macam like kampung house,

Contractor quoted 2.5k to replace with tiled roofing.

Considering Paul aluminium shutter, but can it be used if i installed windows at the lower part?

My current home have those zinc like roofing on balcony, its ugly & worse of all its **** noisy wen raining heavily. Macam like kampung house,

Contractor quoted 2.5k to replace with tiled roofing.

Considering Paul aluminium shutter, but can it be used if i installed windows at the lower part?

Yes, I've seen examples in my drive-thrus (i.e. aluminium shutter ends just above the window) when I see how other EMs do up their balcony. Think you can also see examples in Paul Al's website. Not sure how the gap between the shutter and window is handled to ensure no water leakage tho.

1 lady from Paul Aluminium came, say my balcony width big, around 3.9m, although shutter only extend 1/2 way coz i got windows below..estimated cost $3k+...haiz.She havnt get back to me on exact quote yet though.

Any other lobang for aluminium shutter?

1 lady from Paul Aluminium came, say my balcony width big, around 3.9m, although shutter only extend 1/2 way coz i got windows below..estimated cost $3k+...haiz.She havnt get back to me on exact quote yet though.

Any other lobang for aluminium shutter?

Wow, may I know what is your EM layout like?

It is more expensive than I thought it would be.

Need to check with u guys...

During my almost daily inspection, i was wondering y the tilers did not tile at the areas where the built in cabinet will be located, there was even no tiles behind the pipe which will be boxed up.

Called contractor, he say dat area will be boxed up or build cabinet, he say even if i tear down cabinet, the tiles behind cabinet will be damaged. Then proceed to say if i wanna tile the area behind cabinet, it will cost me more..he assure me everyone do like dat.

Hmmm, call.my frd, he say contractor tiled the area i mentioned..

Isit true? Dun like the feeling of getting shortchanged.

Mine was not. I agreed with my contractor not to do so in order to save some money. What you can't see can't hurt you anyway and later on you'll forget about it.

Ok...anyway i check the quotation, they will do the tiling up to ceiling at expose area. Guess got to live with it...

Cleong: can i check with you what about the tiles below the sink area? My kitchen layout is exactly same like u.

Need to check with u guys...

During my almost daily inspection, i was wondering y the tilers did not tile at the areas where the built in cabinet will be located, there was even no tiles behind the pipe which will be boxed up.

Called contractor, he say dat area will be boxed up or build cabinet, he say even if i tear down cabinet, the tiles behind cabinet will be damaged. Then proceed to say if i wanna tile the area behind cabinet, it will cost me more..he assure me everyone do like dat.

Hmmm, call.my frd, he say contractor tiled the area i mentioned..

Isit true? Dun like the feeling of getting shortchanged.

Mine also is not tiled. Better connection for the cabinets to the wall and when securing the cabinets, some of the tiles behind will be broken anyway. Lets face it, if you are going to change the cabinets then you are likely to change the tiles also with a whole kitchen reno so should not be an issue. Saying that, my wife was not so happy about it :D.

RB

Mine also is not tiled. Better connection for the cabinets to the wall and when securing the cabinets, some of the tiles behind will be broken anyway. Lets face it, if you are going to change the cabinets then you are likely to change the tiles also with a whole kitchen reno so should not be an issue. Saying that, my wife was not so happy about it :D.

RB

Ur wife not happy if need to change tiles if changing cabinet?

Or no tiles behind kitchen cabinet? :unsure:

Ur wife not happy if need to change tiles if changing cabinet?

Or no tiles behind kitchen cabinet? :unsure:

She was a little distressed to see they were not tiling behind the kitchen cabinet. To me it makes sense.

RB

Ok...anyway i check the quotation, they will do the tiling up to ceiling at expose area. Guess got to live with it...

Cleong: can i check with you what about the tiles below the sink area? My kitchen layout is exactly same like u.

Below the sink? They constructed a brick base. Inside the base no tiles if I recall. But they do construct a channel for water to go into the floor trap should you need to hose down the kitchen floor and that is tiled.

She was a little distressed to see they were not tiling behind the kitchen cabinet. To me it makes sense.

RB

Ok,thanks, yes it does make sense now after hearing from you guys, i thot i was being short changed.. :P