Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Now have to stay at my mom place for about 2 months until complete my new house transaction and another one month for the reno to finish. No choice but this is the best method

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thought of this route also. Worry last minutes something cock up and unable to pay back then I be in deep trouble.

your time line for both cases are about the same both also 6 mths. so if you cant sell your house by then, you are really in trouble either way..

your time line for both cases are about the same both also 6 mths. so if you cant sell your house by then, you are really in trouble either way..

My house already sold OTP sign

The other house i buying also signed OTP

Now have to stay at my mom place for about 2 months until complete my new house transaction and another one month for the reno to finish. No choice but this is the best method

At least now your problem is resolved. Please note that EM Reno could take more than a mth if your Reno is extensive :)

At least now your problem is resolved. Please note that EM Reno could take more than a mth if your Reno is extensive :)

Yes my friend is also my contractor.

He already told me need at least a month for reno

hi to all EM owners :)

I'm new in this thread.... But was very active few years back when I got my EM.

I'm still happy with my EM but not staying there :)

hi to all EM owners :)

I'm new in this thread.... But was very active few years back when I got my EM.

I'm still happy with my EM but not staying there :)

Why? U rented it out?

Yes my friend is also my contractor.

He already told me need at least a month for reno

Great to know you have already found a contractor for ur EM reno. Do u plan to start a tblog?:sport-smiley-018:

Hi everyone,

I know there are many who spent many months looking for an ideal em. Just sold my place and immediately started searching for an em. Although I have only viewed abt 10 units in less than 3 weeks, I am already kind of tired out. Most units call for high cov, ranging from 40k to 80k. Yes, I must say that some are nicely reno but I am not willingly to pay eg. 80k for cov. I rather use that amount to do an overhaul of a run-down em. At last, found one which only calls for 20k cov - definitely needs major reno. Pls advise if:

- 60 to 80 k sufficient for an overhaul of a 26 yo em?

- any good responsible contractors or id to recommend? In terms of workmanship, service etc.

I thought I should start my homework now so that I am prepared for another challenging time ahead, ie Reno!

Ax

Hi everyone,

I know there are many who spent many months looking for an ideal em. Just sold my place and immediately started searching for an em. Although I have only viewed abt 10 units in less than 3 weeks, I am already kind of tired out. Most units call for high cov, ranging from 40k to 80k. Yes, I must say that some are nicely reno but I am not willingly to pay eg. 80k for cov. I rather use that amount to do an overhaul of a run-down em. At last, found one which only calls for 20k cov - definitely needs major reno. Pls advise if:

- 60 to 80 k sufficient for an overhaul of a 26 yo em?

- any good responsible contractors or id to recommend? In terms of workmanship, service etc.

I thought I should start my homework now so that I am prepared for another challenging time ahead, ie Reno!

Ax

60 to 80k is sufficient, but you will have to watch your budget. Best if you can find a place where the flooring can be salvaged i.e. good condition marble and parquet (for rooms) cos that is a good 10-20k savings. For marble, understand that deep cracks cannot be repaired/salvaged. Parquet can be sanded down and re-varnished. If stairs/rails can be salvaged, better still cos to re-do stairs costs anything from 4 to 10k depending on design/materials.

Usually the big ticket items will be the 3 toilets (total re-do), kitchen (carpentry is always expensive), flooring, stairs, electricals (re-do for safety reasons) and lightings (more points e.g. downlights = higher cost), aircon (7-8k if you want 6 blowers/2 compressors), windows/sliding balcony doors.

The rest like carpentry (wardrobes, beds, tv console, storage, study area, vanity), main/room/toilet doors, false ceiling and feature wall will really depend on what you want to do, and how much you are willing to spend. 100k reno is not unusual too.

20k cov sounds low. Good luck with reno if you do get a unit.

60 to 80k is sufficient, but you will have to watch your budget. Best if you can find a place where the flooring can be salvaged i.e. good condition marble and parquet (for rooms) cos that is a good 10-20k savings. For marble, understand that deep cracks cannot be repaired/salvaged. Parquet can be sanded down and re-varnished. If stairs/rails can be salvaged, better still cos to re-do stairs costs anything from 4 to 10k depending on design/materials.

Usually the big ticket items will be the 3 toilets (total re-do), kitchen (carpentry is always expensive), flooring, stairs, electricals (re-do for safety reasons) and lightings (more points e.g. downlights = higher cost), aircon (7-8k if you want 6 blowers/2 compressors), windows/sliding balcony doors.

The rest like carpentry (wardrobes, beds, tv console, storage, study area, vanity), main/room/toilet doors, false ceiling and feature wall will really depend on what you want to do, and how much you are willing to spend. 100k reno is not unusual too.

20k cov sounds low. Good luck with reno if you do get a unit.