Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Anyone have any idea how much does it cost to build a roof in the balcony. I would want to extend my living room into the balcony but I dont see many threads talking about it.

U r right... This thread is rather inactive. Perhaps the EM owners are too busy with maintaining their tblogs... Don't want to duplicate their posting lor ....

Edited by potatoes

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

New EM owner here :)

Just OTP last week.

Bought a unit at pasir ris :)

Hope everything goes well.

Not going to do much on reno just going to do up

1) 3 toilets

2) kitchen cabinet

3) feature wall for living room

4) polishing of marble floor

5) Paint the whole house.

Roughly how much will all this cost?

Been reading this thread from page 1 till the last page hahaha

Just OTP last week.

1) 3 toilets

2) kitchen cabinet

If I remember correctly, some Reno companies advertise promotion packages of 2 toilets and 1 kitchen for about $15k to $20k..... Plus free some kitchen / bathroom accessories.

Add on other things in ur list would probably work out to abt 25k.

U need to consider other cost

- Electrical rewiring

- lightings, heaters, fans

- air con system

- plastering

- hacking of wall/ existing built in features

- special features - eg island, wall feature, raised platforms, L box, false ceiling etc....

- toilet accessories

- staircase works (can cost quite a lot )

- replacing doors, windows and grilles

EM Reno cost can range from 35k to over 100k.

I started with a small budget of 25k but found that can't really do much. Then increased budget to 35k..... But soon found out that i needed to add on .... eventually ended up with 42k, excluding furnishing. No regrets :)

U r right... This thread is rather inactive. Perhaps the EM owners are too busy with maintaining their tblogs... Don't want to duplicate their posting lor ....

Huh? Well i did try to read as much tblogs as possible.. the closest vague figure i got was around few k a few years ago. Most of them either wants an open balcony or already has it done up.

Huh? Well i did try to read as much tblogs as possible.. the closest vague figure i got was around few k a few years ago. Most of them either wants an open balcony or already has it done up.

I going to do a open balcony as my balcony is square shape.

I can have BBQ at the balcony regularly.:)

Is there any way to prevent rain from splashing in the balcony?

I thought of installing the type of retractable shelter coffee shop is using.

Any idea roughly how much it cost and is it legal?

Edited by kchinbeng

Hi all, do you think my quotation of 8-9k for hacking and demolition works for an EM is within normal range? It's a complete overhaul which involves hacking of all flooring, built-in cabinets, wall tiles, toilets and staircase - basically everything. Any views appreciated. Thanks!

roughly about 30k, depending on the material use, can be more.

Just OTP last week.

1) 3 toilets

2) kitchen cabinet

i paid 3k hacking/demolition for 2 toilets, washroom, kitchen(complete teared down).

So yours on top of the above includes 3 bedrooms, living, dinning, and balcony. I think roughly work out to be that amount.

Hi all, do you think my quotation of 8-9k for hacking and demolition works for an EM is within normal range? It's a complete overhaul which involves hacking of all flooring, built-in cabinets, wall tiles, toilets and staircase - basically everything. Any views appreciated. Thanks!

Certainly very high.... But I think 3 to 4k should be reasonable. The package normally include hacking and laying the tiles. So don't know hiw to breakdown that figure....

$1.5 psf hacking fee, pricing about 3 years back.

Take for example hacking of a toilet, hacking fee differs a lot if hacking on floor alone or floor and wall(wall tiles, 3 full sides & partial 1 side with door).

That's why i paid 3k for 2 toilets, washroom and kitchen all with wall tiles.

Is your house with a lot of wall tiles? Check with your ID how much is the hacking fee psf?

roughly about 30k, depending on the material use, can be more.

Great to hear roughly about 30k as I'm going to spend about this amount. Everything I tiles and cabinet will be the

simplest type no need any high end stuff. Hope that will be enough cos after cov not much left

Great to hear roughly about 30k as I'm going to spend about this amount. Everything I tiles and cabinet will be the

simplest type no need any high end stuff. Hope that will be enough cos after cov not much left

30 to 35k is enough for simple reno. Btw, where is your EM? Did u pay for high COV? Hope to see u start a tblog soon and share with us ur reno progress.

Cheers :)

30 to 35k is enough for simple reno. Btw, where is your EM? Did u pay for high COV? Hope to see u start a tblog soon and share with us ur reno progress.

Cheers :)

COV $45K location at pasir ris opp loyang sec sch

Yes very correct i just want a simple reno on 3 toilets, a feature wall for living rooms and polishing of the marble floor.

Simple amn with a simple reno :)

I going to do a open balcony as my balcony is square shape.

I can have BBQ at the balcony regularly.:)

Is there any way to prevent rain from splashing in the balcony?

I thought of installing the type of retractable shelter coffee shop is using.

Any idea roughly how much it cost and is it legal?

I thought there are a few threads on people installing retractable awnings? I suppose they are legal? As for BBQ. depends on whether your neighbours complain you or not.

I thought there are a few threads on people installing retractable awnings? I suppose they are legal? As for BBQ. depends on whether your neighbours complain you or not.

I am currently also looking at the possibility of installing a retractable awning but facing obstruction from my aircon compressor. I don't want my awning to be below the compressor as it will lower my "ceiling". So project now kiv.

As for BBQ..... I ve tried using using a electric grill set instead of charcoal.... Not too bad. The only thong just make sure have to close windows of bedroom directly above balcony.:)