Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Means Gen 2 EM layout? Mine is a Gen 2 and without shelter in the balcony. During heavy rains, less than 1/3 of the floor will get wet. Think it really dps on what you plan to use the balcony for? I use mine as alfresco dining area and it works fine with outdoor tiles and furniture. If you use the balcony for hanging clothes then you may want to install some protection. So far for Gen 2 layouts the 3 common work done are:

1. Install Aluminium retractable Roller shutters

2. Roof over to create another room

3. Glass window the entire double storey space (rare)

Mine is already done up the window but not those full type which cover up the whole area.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

One neighbour in our same block sold their unit for $630,000, you can check HDB's resale price enquiry. Going by the recent valuations of between $520,000 to $540,000, it would mean they received between $90,000 to $110,000 in COV.

Prices are still pretty robust. I guess I'm fortunate I got mine for below $500,000 @ $35,000 COV.

Could it be this unit with the said $150k reno?

http://www.thinkproperty.com.sg/listing/printListingDetail/id/1221287/type/S/page/1

http://www.iproperty.com.my/singapore-property/1221287/Hougang-Executive_Maisonette-ForSale

Could be a rare thing due to renovated unit.

Edited by adidaem

I've seen e ad for this unit before too.. But itz a unit for sale last yr rite? Hee..

I've seen online and noticed quite a no of units at ave 10 for sale currently.. But I've seen one unit at ave 8 asking price of 830k -.-" I tink itz kinda mad? Lol

Edited by jo'en

hi all, queueing to join the ranks of Masionette owner... However, kinda of "play" by my buyer's agent... Really know how to drag... kept asking for hongbao to faciliate the transaction...

Adidaem- been chasing your post!! Keep em up!! very informative and creative!! drooling with some of your purchases!

I do notice that prices in general have gone up. Units asking for 800k n above are more common. Take the now famous toa payoh 5 room flat for example.

hi all, queueing to join the ranks of Masionette owner... However, kinda of "play" by my buyer's agent... Really know how to drag... kept asking for hongbao to faciliate the transaction...

Adidaem- been chasing your post!! Keep em up!! very informative and creative!! drooling with some of your purchases!

Thanks bento. U mean my wp blog ya? M continuing to blog for fun. Daily readership is increasing which is quite encouraging.

Hope u get a unit you like soon. Love staying in my place like many of the other EM owners who hv gone thru reno. :)

As for purchases, still continuing... Helps that wallet has some what recovered from the huge hole reno made. Think wait for GSS to hv fun. :) Which ones did u like anyway?

Edit: oh dear. Read about your trouble with the buyer. I would threaten the agent with an official complaint if he keeps up the nonsense. There is an official channel for real estate agents complaints right? But then I can be a little hotheaded so think carefully before you take the nuclear option. He may make things difficult for you during handover later.

Edited by adidaem

Thanks bento. U mean my wp blog ya? M continuing to blog for fun. Daily readership is increasing which is quite encouraging.

Hope u get a unit you like soon. Love staying in my place like many of the other EM owners who hv gone thru reno. :)

As for purchases, still continuing... Helps that wallet has some what recovered from the huge hole reno made. Think wait for GSS to hv fun. :) Which ones did u like anyway?

Edit: oh dear. Read about your trouble with the buyer. I would threaten the agent with an official complaint if he keeps up the nonsense. There is an official channel for real estate agents complaints right? But then I can be a little hotheaded so think carefully before you take the nuclear option. He may make things difficult for you during handover later.

I agree make a complain to the company. Dun fall victim to this type of rouge agent we need to weed them out or others will be his victim the next time.

Normally for a mansionette kitchen cabinet how much will it cost to do?

Roughly about the price how much?

Maisonette kitchen is no different from any other HDB flat kitchen, if I remember correctly goes by per foot run. 300 dollars per foot I think?

Maisonette kitchen is no different from any other HDB flat kitchen, if I remember correctly goes by per foot run. 300 dollars per foot I think?

So roughly how much one cost?

So roughly how much one cost?

It depends on how large you want your kitchen to be? There's so many configurations - open concept, normal configuration, some expand to galley style by taking up the maidsroom next to the front door as well. I really can't tell you how much yours would cost. Just measure your countertop length in feet and multiply.

It depends on how large you want your kitchen to be? There's so many configurations - open concept, normal configuration, some expand to galley style by taking up the maidsroom next to the front door as well. I really can't tell you how much yours would cost. Just measure your countertop length in feet and multiply.

just want a simple type.

Wow This sure is a Long Thread...

Need some advice on COV seen a unit which i kinda like in Hougang but the COV is $65K.

Stairs done flooring Homo / Parquet okay roof for balcony done, False ceiling done.

Have seen over 10 EMs and this seems to be the one, only thing is the COV is it too high?

bearing in mind need to do three toilets / full overhaul of kitchen.

Your input would be much appreciated.

Cheers

just want a simple type.

Ya, no matter how simple, the contractor would still need to measure or base on your floorplan and quote u according to per foot run. I share the same opinion as cleong.... U also have to consider the different configuration..... Not forgetting also the material you use for the cabinets.

Cheers :)

Wow This sure is a Long Thread...

Need some advice on COV seen a unit which i kinda like in Hougang but the COV is $65K.

Stairs done flooring Homo / Parquet okay roof for balcony done, False ceiling done.

Have seen over 10 EMs and this seems to be the one, only thing is the COV is it too high?

bearing in mind need to do three toilets / full overhaul of kitchen.

Your input would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Bring your chequebook and negotiate. Offer your best price factoring in the renovation you still need to spend on. If no agreement, walk away and keep looking. I viewed around 50 flats over 9 months, participated in two bidding battles, before chancing upon my flat. You need patience.