Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Ok,thanks, yes it does make sense now after hearing from you guys, i thot i was being short changed.. :P

You could always measure the area tiled and compare against the quote ;).... or not :D.

Rb

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Same! :yeah:

We asked him if he minded staying in a hdb flat with no facilities...and he laid down his condition, "only if there is a staircase". My children love the staircase! They'd roll balls down the staircase, throw balls up, peep at each other through the rails, demand to set up a communication basket like the one they saw at a tree house,... My husband said it is like a built-in playground! :sport-smiley-018:

That's really interesting. Hope they continue to enjoy the stairs.

That's really interesting. Hope they continue to enjoy the stairs.

My kids are the same and we have to be careful as our 3yo likes dropping things over the bannister like mini basketballs.

At least they have not yet gone sledging down the stairs on a dinner tray which, I am reliably informed by my mother, I used to do when I was younger in the UK :o:D .

RB

Hi all EM owners,

Anyone can pm me the price of the balcony roller blind and number.

Please..... Will be getting my EM soon.. Need to reno but still cannot get any roller blinds quote..

Many thanks... :bow: :bow:

Paul Aluminium. Motorised shutters. look for sally.

Hi everyone... Need some advice

I'm an owner of a ground floor EM at Woodlands, about 5 minutes walk to Admiralty MRT. Got the house almost 3 years ago, at around 370k, excluding 8k cov. At that time, did a full reno that costs me around 60k.

There are only 3 of us staying in the house... Me, wife n 9yrs old daughter.. Now the house seems a little too big for us... The thought of shifting n selling the house suddenly plays in my mind. Before this EM, we were staying at a 5rm flat at Bt Panjang. So I thought of moving back to a 5rm flat or the older 4rm flat, with ard 110-125sqm, at woodlands area too. At the moment, I roughly estimate the valuation of my house to be +-500k, excluding cov.

Is it wise for me to sell now? Or should I just hold onto it? Its not about the monthly installment, cos we can certainly afford this EM.

Any opinions or suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

I'm an owner of a ground floor EM at Woodlands, about 5 minutes walk to Admiralty MRT. Got the house almost 3 years ago, at around 370k, excluding 8k cov. At that time, did a full reno that costs me around 60k.

There are only 3 of us staying in the house... Me, wife n 9yrs old daughter.. Now the house seems a little too big for us... The thought of shifting n selling the house suddenly plays in my mind. Before this EM, we were staying at a 5rm flat at Bt Panjang. So I thought of moving back to a 5rm flat or the older 4rm flat, with ard 110-125sqm, at woodlands area too. At the moment, I roughly estimate the valuation of my house to be +-500k, excluding cov.

Is it wise for me to sell now? Or should I just hold onto it? Its not about the monthly installment, cos we can certainly afford this EM.

Thanks in advance.

Talk a look at the HDB website for resale statistics and get a feel for the price of EMs in your block / areas selling price. If it has been and still is going up then maybe holding on to it may be prudent. If prices are falling then selling may be a better option. Check out the prices of units in the area you want to stay at and see if your likely resale price will cover your expenses plus money for a reno if that is what you would like to do.

If you believe the Gvmt that prices are coming down then sell but if you check the resale price stats and see the prices have not been affected by the Gvmts 'cooling measures' then it really is up to you.

With new units being built there is a possibility of prices going down at some point but with a great location close to the MRT and a unit that is no longer built and is quite highly sought after it may be better to hold on to it.

Of course the moral majority may suggest you should downgrade so a bigger family could upgrade and make more efficient use of the apartment especially as there is a shortage of housing currently in Singapore.

You pays your money and take your chance. No looking back and no regrets ;).

RB

hi, I would recommend you to keep.

If you find the unit too big, Renovate either making 2 rooms become one or create a mini theatre that your daughter will enjoy people friends to.

I am staying in a EM with only my wife and although it seem empty sometimes, it is really good to have the extra space when you got visitors.

Thanks in advance.

Talk a look at the HDB website for resale statistics and get a feel for the price of EMs in your block / areas selling price. If it has been and still is going up then maybe holding on to it may be prudent. If prices are falling then selling may be a better option. Check out the prices of units in the area you want to stay at and see if your likely resale price will cover your expenses plus money for a reno if that is what you would like to do.

If you believe the Gvmt that prices are coming down then sell but if you check the resale price stats and see the prices have not been affected by the Gvmts 'cooling measures' then it really is up to you.

With new units being built there is a possibility of prices going down at some point but with a great location close to the MRT and a unit that is no longer built and is quite highly sought after it may be better to hold on to it.

Of course the moral majority may suggest you should downgrade so a bigger family could upgrade and make more efficient use of the apartment especially as there is a shortage of housing currently in Singapore.

RB

Tokong :good:

RB

well if ppl can think this way, i'll salute them!

Thanks in advance.

HDB as well as many condo now rarely build large flats. If you have no other reason than it's too large, I stick to the EM. I am also a family with a child. We lived in a 163sm hudc apartment. But when we moved to an EA of 143sm, I find it small. I miss the size of my master bedroom, the size of the 2 toilets + 1, the living room, the dining room, the balcony, the kitchen and wash area as well as the storeroom and the back door. The 20sm makes a world of difference in all the areas mentioned. Even the main door is wider.

Hi all,

I'm a Pasir Ris-ian EM owner. Looking at the number of thread here, I think there's quite a lot of proud owners sharing good stuffs among us. But for me to go through all 93 pages is gonna take me ages. lol.

I'm actually planning to have a mini reno for my kitchen. Any kind souls who can share their kitchen photos so me and wife have some ideas on what to do? I plan to do the balcony as well.

Thank you and have a great week ahead!

Revival of Blog!

I have been deligently reading this old blog and thought it is worth adding my contribution to it. Wow!! Over 90 pages of reading the blog written by many EM owners.

I bought an EM in Serangoon N which is abt 26yrs old. It is 1st gen with area of 150sqm..... In very original state.

Paid high for COV, leaving little $$$ to renovate.

I just completed my reno and already moved in for 2 mths.

Happy with what I have done for my reno, although exceeding my 35k budget.....

Hope the new EM owners will continue to contribute to this blog :)

Edited by potatoes

I am looking at the possibilty to install a folding / retractable awning @ my open balcony to keep the sun/rain away.

Anyone knows if HDB approval is needed to install a motorised canvas awning at balcony?

I have seen in installed by some EM owners..... :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by potatoes

Anyone have any idea how much does it cost to build a roof in the balcony. I would want to extend my living room into the balcony but I dont see many threads talking about it.