Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

I don't think anyone can tell you worth it or not until you say more about it - for example if it is undervalued, or if it was very well renovated, or something else.

Basically, the whole unit needs to undergo reno. Deciding whether to hack the flooring or not. Btw, how much will it cost to hack the flooring for whole level 1 and 2?

Edited by beachfox

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Has anyone been to Hougang Ave 1, Blk 111 or 120 or 122?

Their EMs are really unique.

- 4 Storeys in each blocks

- Lower unit (level 1 and 2) has a cordened off area for Gardening/ Coffee table/ Alfresco etc.

- Upper unit has slanted tiled roofing that really looks like a Private house, with high ceiling (Due to slanted roof) on the second floor of the EM

- Upgraded Lift (For level 3/4 EM units, less than 8 in each block)

Basically, the whole unit needs to undergo reno. Deciding whether to hack the flooring or not. Btw, how much will it cost to hack the flooring for whole level 1 and 2?

I think for 40-odd K maybe too much to be done?

In my case, 35k COV (but I feel that my flat is undervalued). I might actually be able to salvage the downstairs marble flooring and the upstairs parquet flooring by refurbishing/refinishing it.

Has anyone been to Hougang Ave 1, Blk 111 or 120 or 122?

Their EMs are really unique.

- 4 Storeys in each blocks

- Lower unit (level 1 and 2) has a cordened off area for Gardening/ Coffee table/ Alfresco etc.

- Upper unit has slanted tiled roofing that really looks like a Private house, with high ceiling (Due to slanted roof) on the second floor of the EM

- Upgraded Lift (For level 3/4 EM units, less than 8 in each block)

Viewed a 3rd floor unit there before at Blk 111. The floor area is smaller than typical EM, it is called a 5 room maisonette. I think it is 130-140 sqm, can't remember. They're also pretty old, late 70s flats if I recall. The loft style roof is a nice feature, it makes the place feel airy. The configuration is split floor - from the entrance, you descend one flight of staircases to go to the living room and kitchen. Ascend a flight of stairs up from the entrance you go to the upper floor where there are three rooms. There is only one toilet in the master bedroom. The occupants of the other two rooms have to go to the kitchen for the other toilet.

The unique configuration of the unit commanded a high price which we weren't prepared to pay. I recall the asking price was $50 or 60k COV when the valuation was $440k. The upper floor units are slightly bigger than the ground floor units due to the extended balcony.

Viewed a 3rd floor unit there before at Blk 111. The floor area is smaller than typical EM, it is called a 5 room maisonette. I think it is 130-140 sqm, can't remember. They're also pretty old, late 70s flats if I recall. The loft style roof is a nice feature, it makes the place feel airy. The configuration is split floor - from the entrance, you descend one flight of staircases to go to the living room and kitchen. Ascend a flight of stairs up from the entrance you go to the upper floor where there are three rooms. There is only one toilet in the master bedroom. The occupants of the other two rooms have to go to the kitchen for the other toilet.

The unique configuration of the unit commanded a high price which we weren't prepared to pay. I recall the asking price was $50 or 60k COV when the valuation was $440k. The upper floor units are slightly bigger than the ground floor units due to the extended balcony.

Yea. Perfectly true.

I bought mine in Jan 2010 at

VAL: 425K

COV: 55K

Is is overpriced?

Felt that it was slightly undervalued, dunnoe true anot...

Btw, it is 27yrs old only. Not Late 70s. And the entire place is nicely upgraded.

Yea. Perfectly true.

Is is overpriced?

Btw, it is 27yrs old only. Not Late 70s. And the entire place is nicely upgraded.

I eventually bought mine at Serangoon North Avenue 1, valuation 445k, paid 35k COV. Mine's the typical EM configuration, bigger floor area but very common design.

In terms of PSF mine would be cheaper, seeing as we both paid 480k but mine would be bigger. However Serangoon North Ave 1 is not as close to MRT as Hougang Ave 1 is. Overpriced or not, you would probably need to peg it against the full size EMs in your area.

I'm not sure if we both viewed the same unit - it was a corridor unit at Blk 111, that week I viewed, the lift upgrading was just completed and opened for use. We did like the resortish feel of the place but the asking COV was so high it left us no money for renovation.

I eventually bought mine at Serangoon North Avenue 1, valuation 445k, paid 35k COV. Mine's the typical EM configuration, bigger floor area but very common design.

In terms of PSF mine would be cheaper, seeing as we both paid 480k but mine would be bigger. However Serangoon North Ave 1 is not as close to MRT as Hougang Ave 1 is. Overpriced or not, you would probably need to peg it against the full size EMs in your area.

I'm not sure if we both viewed the same unit - it was a corridor unit at Blk 111, that week I viewed, the lift upgrading was just completed and opened for use. We did like the resortish feel of the place but the asking COV was so high it left us no money for renovation.

Did u view in Jan this yr also?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OkoGIbTFGn4/S5N1...40/Picture4.jpg

We were attracted by the high ceiling roof design as well as the layout. Dun mind the smaller area cos we dun wan to clean another extra toilet upstairs.

I've been keeping up with the recent offers from the few blks.

3 Units sold after me according to their respective agents, Val: 465k, Selling at 600K, 580K and 610K. Dunno how true also.

Do agents purposely report higher selling price in order to push the COV higher the nxt time rd?

The split unit maisonete, I seen b4 in hougang.

Today news reported a em sold at 900k. 170k cov. Siao man.

Seller and agent muz be laughing all the way to the bank.

Yea. Perfectly true.

Is is overpriced?

In my personal opinion, it depends on whether your flat is near to amenities or public transport. I bought my Pasir ris flat for 510K with COV 20k. My house is about one and a half bus stop away from Downtowm east. So I tot it was quite a good deal.

hi we intend to construct a partition which allows us to open it for ventilation purposes as our stairways has been boxed up. :)

I was thinking on the feasibility of putting a air curtain (like those air conditioned shops) instead of a partition. Do you think it will work?

Can anyone tell me how much does it cost to install roofing/canvas & windows in the balcony?

My EM is the typical home that comes with a rectangular balcony.

Thanks!!!

i just install a motorised awaning like those in coffee shops. Damage $1200

Yup we must pay for lift upgrading

actually we do not have to pay for the lift upgrade if the floor of your unit already have a lift landing originally.

HI all,

I got my Em in Teban Garden overlooking the reserviour last July. Just finished renovated n moved in this month.

value= 394k

cov=11k

damage for renov 80k

IMO, if it is in the original state then i will try to nego down the COV. If u r to overhaul whole EM, u r looking at >50k.

HI all,

I got my Em in Teban Garden overlooking the reserviour last July. Just finished renovated n moved in this month.

value= 394k

cov=11k

damage for renov 80k

Care to share some pics of your flat? :P