Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hi,

Need to get some advices from EM owners.

Currently my hubby and I are looking at Bukit Batok EM. Unit is near to mrt stat about 5-8mins walk. But it is on the 3rd floor. Bedrooms on 4th floor... Lift upgraded and paid. Will be moving in with my baby and parent in-law.

Owner is asking $30k COV... If we decided to buy over the flat, we have to do majoy renovation. Thinking whether should we go for it. Because we have to take out lots of $$$ to do reno... Dont know worth or not.

Can anyone advice?

Edited by cheesycake

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

What's the current COV around BB?

It is a low floor unit, i'm surprise asking COV is 30k. What about those mid/high floor EM in BB now? It just me, i will not take it as it is way too low floor. I paid 40k COV for my 14th floor EM (highest) and also 38k reno, almost a complete overhaul plus another 10k fitting/furnishing. No regret cos i love the place.

If u like the place and have the budget go for it.

Hi,

Currently my hubby and I are looking at Bukit Batok EM. Unit is near to mrt stat about 5-8mins walk. But it is on the 3rd floor. Bedrooms on 4th floor... Lift upgraded and paid. Will be moving in with my baby and parent in-law.

Owner is asking $30k COV... If we decided to buy over the flat, we have to do majoy renovation. Thinking whether should we go for it. Because we have to take out lots of $$$ to do reno... Dont know worth or not.

Can anyone advice?

Hi huggsss,

My sister adopted black theme for her bedroom & adjoining bathroom (hacked the wall to create direct access from her bedroom to the common bathroom on 2nd floor). Our kitchen is white & grey theme. You can view some photos at the link in my signature.

Rdgs,

CC

Hi LLCC,

You house is lovely. I am thinking of doing a step up batharea with tiles simliar like what you have done. How much did u spend on your bathroom?

Hi,

Can anyone advice?

Izit those near the green low flats or those older ones near the polyclinic? Those nearer to West Mall (& the green low flats) are newer, while those nearer to the polyclinic are old ones. I would say those near the polyclinic is not worth it. $30k for low levels, I'll agree with chrono and sae no to that price. If the price can be reduced and u like it very much, then consider.

Just signed OTP on a corridor unit along Serangoon North Ave 1, Blk 125, top floor. The bathrooms got leaking problems, but the ground floor marble flooring can be kept, as can the parquet flooring on the staircase and upstairs. All just need a freshen up. When we get the floor plans we'll start properly planning how to furnish it.

Edited by cleong

Hi LLCC,

You house is lovely. I am thinking of doing a step up batharea with tiles simliar like what you have done. How much did u spend on your bathroom?

Hi huggsss,

Thanks! If you just want a step up bath area for shower & where you can sit on the fringe area (instead of having bathroom shower chair) & not meant to be used as bath tub then it's fine. Just wish to caution that it is not possible to fill up with enough hot water in such a big tileup "tub" with a 40L water heater tank, but that's partly because we made the tub too wide. I don't have the breakdown cost just for that bath area. The masonary works for 3 bathrooms, kitchen & 1 balcony including the tiles & cement screeding for whole house skirting cost about $12K. Hope this helps.

Rdgs,

CC

Just signed OTP on a corridor unit along Serangoon North Ave 1, Blk 125, top floor. The bathrooms got leaking problems, but the ground floor marble flooring can be kept, as can the parquet flooring on the staircase and upstairs. All just need a freshen up. When we get the floor plans we'll start properly planning how to furnish it.

Congrates on ur purchase! Wah, leaking bathrooms can become quite a big problem woh. But at least u'll be able to save some $$ from changing the flooring. :P

Hello,

I just closed my deal. Got a corner 2nd floor EM wtih recess area at BB area. I'm happy with my purchase.

Congrates! So lucky of u to be able to get a corner EM *envy envy* :D

Hello,

I just closed my deal. Got a corner 2nd floor EM wtih recess area at BB area. I'm happy with my purchase.

Hehhee.. Which block in BB are you?

stay in BB as well.. Corner flat too =D !!

Congrates on ur purchase! Wah, leaking bathrooms can become quite a big problem woh. But at least u'll be able to save some $$ from changing the flooring. :P

Where got saving? EM toilets are all on 2nd level, leaking means water leaked to level 1. Not only u need to overhaul bathrooms flooring but also to make good the affected level 1 ceiling. Should not be too difficult, only cost more.

Where got saving? EM toilets are all on 2nd level, leaking means water leaked to level 1. Not only u need to overhaul bathrooms flooring but also to make good the affected level 1 ceiling. Should not be too difficult, only cost more.

I didn't say saving. I said save some $$, since dun need to do flooring. If cleong needs to change the flooring as well as overhaul bathroom flooring, it'll cost alot more, as compared to not needing to do flooring.

I'm on the top floor and the leaking bathrooms ceilings are upstairs. So the repair will be done by the HDB during the inspection. Where I am saving money on is the flooring for the whole house, with the exception of the kitchen and bathrooms, as these can be refurbished and retained.