Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
cost a few hundred dollars only. If ur contractor is handling your entire reno, i think it should be in the range of $500+ - for the job (excluding overhauling the wash area). I'll try to find out a more precised pricing then let u know.

Note: Just got a reply from my contractor...Its around $800 excluding the WC. The quote of $500 (-) was during my EM reno days back in 2005.

Sorry, just to check again about putting in a WC on the ground floor when it doesn't originally have one. Can I install the WC some distance, say about 1m away from the main sewage pipe or MUST it be around the area where the main sewage pipe is??

Thanks

Just wanna check whether we can add another air con unit in the 1st floor utility room when the roof of the balcony has been built by the previous owner. Appreciate your feedback.

Just wanna check whether we can add another air con unit in the 1st floor utility room when the roof of the balcony has been built by the previous owner. Appreciate your feedback.

possible but you may need another compressor. If not, wont be cold. try asking air con shops for advise.

Sorry, just to check again about putting in a WC on the ground floor when it doesn't originally have one. Can I install the WC some distance, say about 1m away from the main sewage pipe or MUST it be around the area where the main sewage pipe is??

Thanks

The WC in my ground flr toilet is abit of a distance away fr the sewage pipe, ard 1m. The previous owner installed it with a pipe linking the WC to the sewage pipe. U'll need to get a P-trap WC in order to do this. Hope it helps. :)

Hi all!

just keeping this thread alive! Cant wait to move in to my new home. :)

Cheers!

Saw in ur siggy that u'll be signing the OTP todae! Congrates! :D

The WC in my ground flr toilet is abit of a distance away fr the sewage pipe, ard 1m. The previous owner installed it with a pipe linking the WC to the sewage pipe. U'll need to get a P-trap WC in order to do this. Hope it helps. :)

Saw in ur siggy that u'll be signing the OTP todae! Congrates! :D

Thx..

any ID to recommend??? I've shortlisted a few.

1) Intra Design

2) ****

3) Plush Living

4) Artrend

any how much will it cost to reno EM?

Hi all... Just upgraded to an EM in Woodlands and will be getting the keys to the resale mansionette in Mid Jan 2010.

Currently sourcing for an ID and just received a quotation from Roy/Inzen. The masonry prices are ok, only the carpentry works is slightly on the steep side. I'll be asking him if he can revise the carpentry prices. Anyway, I won't be hacking the living/dining room tiles (marble) or the upper floor (parquet). Major works and hacking will be at the kitchen and three toilets.

I understand that reliability and good workmanship doesn't come cheap but I don't want to pay too high above market rates and welcome any recommendations. Cheers!

Hi all... Just upgraded to an EM in Woodlands and will be getting the keys to the resale mansionette in Mid Jan 2010.

Currently sourcing for an ID and just received a quotation from Roy/Inzen. The masonry prices are ok, only the carpentry works is slightly on the steep side. I'll be asking him if he can revise the carpentry prices. Anyway, I won't be hacking the living/dining room tiles (marble) or the upper floor (parquet). Major works and hacking will be at the kitchen and three toilets.

I understand that reliability and good workmanship doesn't come cheap but I don't want to pay too high above market rates and welcome any recommendations. Cheers!

hi mirkhanus.. congrats on getting ur keys soon.. the work to be done is the same as yours for me. wat is the quote u got from inzen? can PM me too if you want. but since u're getting ur keys in mid jan.. can the ID finish work in 2 weeks? coz frm wat i heard.. contractors will 'stop' work 2 weeks before CNY and 2 weeks after CNY. juz a thought.

Hi hypodemic & mirkhanus,

Congrats... looking forward to see your reno blog... have a smooth reno journey.

Edited by wennykoh

Welcome welcome mirkhanus....another EM owner !

Looking forward to your t-blog.

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Thx..

any ID to recommend??? I've shortlisted a few.

1) Intra Design

2) ****

3) Plush Living

4) Artrend

any how much will it cost to reno EM?

Hmm.. I didn't engage an ID. Just had a contractor as we knew what we wanted. Hard to sae how much it will cost to reno EM, can range fr $30k - $70k or even higher, depending on the stuff that u do and choose. :)

yoyo, 3 princesses' daddy, how r u? :D The little birds at ur roof hatch liao?

Luckily there are 2 pairs interested to make my roof their home so there are frequent fighting than building nest. Very disturbing but no choice too busy to visit bird shop for the trap. If i catch them i will release them but not before i trim their feather short as they will definitely come back.

Edited by chronograph