Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, my purchased EM is currently undergoing renovation. My contrator suddenly told me to top up for the stair railing which amount from $500 to 800.

It is unreasonable as we have agreed on the pircing. Any facing the same problem? Any separate contractor for the stair?

Thanks

YA, just saw an ads a few days ago for the Bishan Penthouse. The reno very chio. Very Resort and Cosy Look.... SOLD for $750K!

Gosh, nowadays HDB so expensive. :(

To think that Bisha flat easily 20 years old. So you are sinking in a $750K hdb that have about 75 years of leasehold left. Don't know worth it or not.

But then the location is definitely solid, considering that Bishan is an interchange and so many good schools there....

Your friend's 600K+ definitely worth it sia. Heh, you don't happen to have the layout do you? I've very interested to see the layout leh, but so far nobody has it.

Hi Guys !!!

I am very new here, happened to read all these interesting forum you guys wrote and immediately got myself registered to share.

Maybe you would like to know that I have just sold my Bishan-EM"Penthouse" in July'09, currently still waiting for 1stAppointment on midOct'09.

My unit is on the 23rd Level and it has a very rare/unique layout....check out this web posting for the pics....spent abt 100k renovation 2 years back....so..... why sell.....sioew hah....?...uhmm.........

http://property.st701.com/properties/view/749332

>>>>oops! sorry, didn't know that the web cannot be linked due to expired, any quick advise on how to post/insert photos/image?....thks !

Cheers!

Edited by CJREDDEVIL

Hi, my purchased EM is currently undergoing renovation. My contrator suddenly told me to top up for the stair railing which amount from $500 to 800.

It is unreasonable as we have agreed on the pircing. Any facing the same problem? Any separate contractor for the stair?

Thanks

If it is the fault of the contractor, i will not pay.

Hi Guys !!!

I am very new here, happened to read all these interesting forum you guys wrote and immediately got myself registered to share.

Maybe you would like to know that I have just sold my Bishan-EM"Penthouse" in July'09, currently still waiting for 1stAppointment on midOct'09.

My unit is on the 23rd Level and it has a very rare/unique layout....check out this web posting for the pics....spent abt 100k renovation 2 years back....so..... why sell.....sioew hah....?...uhmm.........

http://property.st701.com/properties/view/749332

>>>>oops! sorry, didn't know that the web cannot be linked due to expired, any quick advise on how to post/insert photos/image?....thks !

Cheers!

Hi again, have tried to re-post the photos to share.....hope I got it right!...-:))

LivingHall.jpg

KitchenArea.jpg

DinningHall_StairsTo2ndLevel.jpg

BathRoom-Toilet.jpg

Hi again, have tried to re-post the photos to share.....hope I got it right!...-:))

Nice place u've got there. Think I won't be able to bear to sell it if I'm in ur shoes. :)

Nice place u've got there. Think I won't be able to bear to sell it if I'm in ur shoes. :)

Thanks & Yupp! you are correct to say that, it's what we thought initially even thought still hurts a little (especially my wifey)....-:((....but ....then again thinking of the current fluctuating markets, since it's a good offer, why not?...anyway as a consolation....we found ourselves a corner-end EM unit 154sqm ( still in bishan and also unblocked view) wtih an excess corridoor area and an open balcony. My current unit is 149sqm without balcony even though it's with 180 degrees panoramic views.

I really like one of the member's positngs on the staircase design with glass panels concept...might want to copy that style! for my next reno....-:))

I really like one of the member's positngs on the staircase design with glass panels concept...might want to copy that style! for my next reno....-:))

Nicely done up, but like u said good price why not.

I like your open concept staircase, nice. But kind of worrying when young children are around.

Nicely done up, but like u said good price why not.

I like your open concept staircase, nice. But kind of worrying when young children are around.

I personally thinks that staircase is the most prominent view of an EM design, that's why i did it without the railings without feeling the cramps of the side railings....goodthing is that my 2 kids bedroom is on the lower level, the upper level is dad & mum's heaven with 2 bedrooms being knock-downed to 1 creating a huge master Brm and a study area! My kids dun go upstairs by themselves without us, morever, the stairs are quite short at the first few steps, not a big problems though as safety....btw for your info, I did this reno wthout an ID, just engage a good/reliable contractor to do the job with your own design concept instructions....

Hi everyone,

It has been quite a while since I last login.

Nothing much recently - the thought of having to wait for another 2 more months till our 1st appt is just SIAN SIAN SIAN!

How did you guys managed to "dong" the long waiting period?!? Ha... Ha....

Well, last week we have met with Dess of three-d conceptwerke. We had a long chit chat session - for him to better understand us, our lifestyle as well as our needs!

Although we can't have much progress till he is able to view the site, I am quite excited to have the opportunity to work with him in the future. :)

Thanks & Yupp! you are correct to say that, it's what we thought initially even thought still hurts a little (especially my wifey)....-:((....but ....then again thinking of the current fluctuating markets, since it's a good offer, why not?...anyway as a consolation....we found ourselves a corner-end EM unit 154sqm ( still in bishan and also unblocked view) wtih an excess corridoor area and an open balcony. My current unit is 149sqm without balcony even though it's with 180 degrees panoramic views.

Hi,

I wonder if our EM will fetch such a good price in the future or not? :dribble:

Hi,

I wonder if our EM will fetch such a good price in the future or not? :dribble:

Hi mysweetlittlethings, of cuz everyone wished that our unit value will appreciates with times, but it all depends on the market situation and the intervention of the gov.... Nevetheless, we all have in fate that EM will always comand a higher value (if not the highest) as compared especially the unit sizes and most importantly there wont be any new builds EM !

We luv our EM no matter what and that's why this great forum subject is all about, right ?..-:))

BTW, congrates to you getting the EM unit, nicely done especially the recess-area entrance, I have seen it b4 but too far out from my current bishan where my kids are schooling.

Agreed about the waiting period (abt 3months) for HDB 1stAppointment.then another 6weeks for comletion....sian sian sian....wonder why HDB is so unproductive....-:((

Cheers!

Hi everyone,

It has been quite a while since I last login.

Nothing much recently - the thought of having to wait for another 2 more months till our 1st appt is just SIAN SIAN SIAN!

How did you guys managed to "dong" the long waiting period?!? Ha... Ha....

Well, last week we have met with Dess of three-d conceptwerke. We had a long chit chat session - for him to better understand us, our lifestyle as well as our needs!

Although we can't have much progress till he is able to view the site, I am quite excited to have the opportunity to work with him in the future. :)

Ya lor... I totally agreed... waiting period can be pretty sian... Buying a re-sale condo, completion only takes 2 months nia...Don't know why HDB cannot be 2 months also...

My waiting time even longer... my seller keeps on pleading to extend their stay for 1 month bcos the completion purchase of their HDB is the same as us and they are waiting for their HBD to be fully renovated b4 they can move in... hb and I soft-hearted people lor, we agreed to let them extend as long as they are willing to pay us 1 month rent to cover our home loan. Yesterday when we went for inspection, they said 1 month not enough to complete their hdb major overhaul and requested for extension of another 2 weeks thereafter... We didn't want to say yes or no. I will reject them via my agent...

Hi to all EM owners,

I have been reading this thread since last year and finally able to take part in the EM discussion after getting my EM.

I am wondering have anyone replace the entire EM window? Can share the cost? I am thinking of replacing the entire EM windows to white coated aluminium sliding window with green tinted glass. My ID quoted me $6.4k (excluding grille).

I am also looking to do a Teak Stairboard on every step of the stairs. My ID quoted me $2880 (excluding railing). Have any EM owner who did a Teak Stairboard for their EM stairs can share the cost?

Hi Wenny,

My quote dated Jul 08 was:

Supply & install WPC aluminium sliding glass window (291sqft) $4,365

I selected green tinted glass too. Not sure if the price was reasonable though.

CC

Hi Wenny,

My quote dated Jul 08 was:

Supply & install WPC aluminium sliding glass window (291sqft) $4,365

I selected green tinted glass too. Not sure if the price was reasonable though.

CC

Hi LLCC,

Thanks for sharing the cost... is the aluminium coated with white?

The price sound pretty reasonable to do up the whole house. :)