Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hi

I am new and thinking of getting an EM.

Have a few questions which I hope EM owners can help shed some light.

Can someone explain to me about air conditioining cause the power loading in old house may not be able to cope with newer air con is it? What is the amps max?

Also, i want to put in a built in oven and that means 16 amps. would an EM be able to cope?

Thanks so much fo ryour help.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are looking for an EM around Lorong Ah Soo area so that my girl can walk to school (planning to send her to PLMGS).

We have seen a few at block 145 but have yet to seen one that is of a good location and not asking for sky-high COV (>$70K and the condition was really trashy). Only prepared to fork out around $50K COV max.

We have also decided that if we get the EM, we'll need to hack everything, re-tile and hack down some walls around the kitchen to make it more spacious. Wondering if reno + furniture can keep <$100K

One question that I would like to ask if that have anyone ever though about how much you can sell your EM for in 5-10yrs time? Currently, most EMs are already going for around >$480K ~ $550K in Lorong Ah Soo. Some places even higher (ie Bishan, AMK). If you factor in the reno, most would have spent around $600K or more.

In 5-10yrs time, can an EM even be sold at around $600K??

Some other questions more related to reno:

1. How much to re-wire the whole place?

2. How much to build a roof over the 1st floor balcony area? Is it even legal?

Thanks!

Welcome welcome another potential EM owner.

Are u buying for investment or a place call home. If it is the latter, then just enjoy your hunting for a EM home and of course one that u can finance comfortably. The rest need not think too much.

Rewiring depends on what u want, can range from 2k plus to 4k plus.

Awning usually about 3k to 4k and need to apply for approval.

For a overhual EM usually about 50k but if u want something for posh 80k to 100k

Hi

I am new and thinking of getting an EM.

Have a few questions which I hope EM owners can help shed some light.

Can someone explain to me about air conditioining cause the power loading in old house may not be able to cope with newer air con is it? What is the amps max?

Also, i want to put in a built in oven and that means 16 amps. would an EM be able to cope?

Thanks so much fo ryour help.

An Electrican will be able to answer your questions.

Common sense, if your over and aircon is meant for house hold usage then it should not be a problem.

Hi

Went to gain city and was told that EM legally can only fix max system 4 (3 in bedroom and one in living room). Heard of others fixing system 3 for bedrooms and addiotnal system 2 on first floor for living room and dining area. Is this legal? Sorry for sounding stupid.

sigh.... still cannot find a suitable EM.

nice one overpriced.... view 1 2nd floor in hougang asking for 55k....

then even viewed 1 that seem haunted.... OMG.....

Just paid excise for OTP on a EM in Tampines.

Val 572 + 55K COV (owner wanted between 70->80K). This was really stretching our budget. Seller pushing for 1K more. Me say ok, my wife say no way. I let my wife win this one :P.

Facing Century Square, 5 mins to MRT / Tamp one / Stadium / Pool, top floor, clse to my mother-in-law in the 900 series, 5 mins from my youngests pre-school and my oldests secondary school (starting Jan).

We also looked at another EM in the same series of blocks on the second floor but on Tamp Ave 5 so lots of road noise and door facing rubbish collection block but was val at 525 with 27K COV. We also saw an EM with a fantastic view, 18th floor corner unit but it was the same shape as wonderlees but it just felt smaller as it was squarish rather than rectangular. That one was around 475+50K COV

Have been seeking reno quotes as we now have very little cash left so looking to only do a basic reno. Quotes ranging from 50K+ although one company has quoted 35K for complete renew of kitchen and all toilets, remove and relay Malaysian wood based laminate flooring throughout, replaster throughout (walls and ceilings), tv feature wall, frosted glass sliding door to replace utility room wall removed by previous owner. Only things missing are to replace stairs step with laminate, replace stairs handrail, replace balcony roof with glass roof, new grill and windows. Most of the missing things we will just do later.

I will put up a reno blog soon :paint: .

Chhers

RB

Just paid excise for OTP on a EM in Tampines.

Val 572 + 55K COV (owner wanted between 70->80K). This was really stretching our budget. Seller pushing for 1K more. Me say ok, my wife say no way. I let my wife win this one :P.

Facing Century Square, 5 mins to MRT / Tamp one / Stadium / Pool, top floor, clse to my mother-in-law in the 900 series, 5 mins from my youngests pre-school and my oldests secondary school (starting Jan).

We also looked at another EM in the same series of blocks on the second floor but on Tamp Ave 5 so lots of road noise and door facing rubbish collection block but was val at 525 with 27K COV. We also saw an EM with a fantastic view, 18th floor corner unit but it was the same shape as wonderlees but it just felt smaller as it was squarish rather than rectangular. That one was around 475+50K COV

Have been seeking reno quotes as we now have very little cash left so looking to only do a basic reno. Quotes ranging from 50K+ although one company has quoted 35K for complete renew of kitchen and all toilets, remove and relay Malaysian wood based laminate flooring throughout, replaster throughout (walls and ceilings), tv feature wall, frosted glass sliding door to replace utility room wall removed by previous owner. Only things missing are to replace stairs step with laminate, replace stairs handrail, replace balcony roof with glass roof, new grill and windows. Most of the missing things we will just do later.

I will put up a reno blog soon :paint: .

Chhers

RB

RB, gratz to getting a home u like. i think u got a pretty good deal. the location is the best in Tampines and price would stay high for that location.

i seen a few units at 127, 126 too but didnt take thwm due to high valuation for 2nd floor, 560k + 60k...

hey guys, how's thing going????

been away for a while.

seem like there are more and more people intending to get EM. Good Choice.... coz this is the last of the batch and HDB will not be building anymore.....

so did anyone move in to any EM in yishun ???

i'm in 364, Yishun ring Road. Maybe we can chat sometimes???

haha!!!!

Also seem like the prices are still shooting up in the sky.......

what was the cheapest unit have anyone paid for in the last year or so....

Edited by blues_bleu

Hi all!!! I have been thinking when will be the best time for me to post something here after registering for a long time. ><

About a month back me and my hubby bought an EM @ Serangoon near the upcoming NEX mall and 1st appointment will be this coming 22nd Sept. So excited!!

How much does it usually cost to overhaul an EM since the unit we bought is in their super original condition. (seller's dad is the 1st owner and they are staying together now) I hope 50k budget is not too rigid.. :(

Hi all!!! I have been thinking when will be the best time for me to post something here after registering for a long time. ><

About a month back me and my hubby bought an EM @ Serangoon near the upcoming NEX mall and 1st appointment will be this coming 22nd Sept. So excited!!

How much does it usually cost to overhaul an EM since the unit we bought is in their super original condition. (seller's dad is the 1st owner and they are staying together now) I hope 50k budget is not too rigid.. :(

As long as you consider the needs first and strike out the wants, 50k could be enough.

And welcome on board.

Edited by chronograph

Hi there, we also bought an EM earlier this year. Its about 1560sq ft. We had also budgeted 50K for the renovation but when it came to quotation and we wanted to do, our quotations ranged from 56K - 75K. We had selected the contractor with the lowest quotation because she had given us a lot of great ideas and had a lot of practical and cost saving suggestions. Work has started and the revised quotation now stands at about 67K. We have practically overhauled the entire place as its also in its original condition.

So in short, i think, 50K might be a bit tight. We increased it to about 60K and then it went up again....but to be honest, we have included almost all our needs and wants since its somewhere we are planning to be living in for a while.

Our COV was 35K, renovation about 67K and as its our first apartment, we had to buy quite a lot of furnishing, about another 17-20K. We are feeling extremely broke at the moment but looking forward to having our own place.

Hi everyone,

My search for EM started on late 2008 and had '2' misfortune incidents (one signed OTP but some mishap happened between seller and her agent, ended up, my OTP expired without sending to HDB.. The other was that I had my own agent at that time, the seller's agent wanna earn more (another 1%), hence the deal was given to the guy who approached the seller's agent.).

Finally, after a long search, I managed to secure an EM at Yishun.. First appt will be on 27 Sept 2010. Will update more info once I've complete the signing. :)

Forgot to mentioned, the size is 1570 sq ft and COV is 30k ;)

Edited by beachfox

Hi everyone,

My search for EM started on late 2008 and had '2' misfortune incidents (one signed OTP but some mishap happened between seller and her agent, ended up, my OTP expired without sending to HDB.. The other was that I had my own agent at that time, the seller's agent wanna earn more (another 1%), hence the deal was given to the guy who approached the seller's agent.).

Finally, after a long search, I managed to secure an EM at Yishun.. First appt will be on 27 Sept 2010. Will update more info once I've complete the signing. :)

Forgot to mentioned, the size is 1570 sq ft and COV is 30k ;)

Congrats... :D