Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hi guys, i'm gonna upgrade to an EM soon and i have a couple of questions in mind. Being old flats, do EMs have any problems of hollow floor, thus resulting in noise transcending from the upper household? Does any EM owners here encounter noise problem from above? i'm gonna spend a huge sum of money upgrading and it's prolly the most impt decision i've made till date, and i just wanna make sure the decision is a wise one =)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all, confirm my 2nd appt on 18 June!!

Signed up with my contractor. Will be a major makeover!!!

My quote is 69K!! Will upload my quote from my contractor if manage to figure out the upload process

;D

my 2nd apt is 2weeks after yours. my major overhaul include stair cost me 62k!....broke broke...now waiting for ID render n drawing to finalise. willing to share your quote so we both can make comparsion to ensure we dont kana chop. my email chris_ttal@yahoo.com.sg. Thanks

Hi guys, i'm gonna upgrade to an EM soon and i have a couple of questions in mind. Being old flats, do EMs have any problems of hollow floor, thus resulting in noise transcending from the upper household? Does any EM owners here encounter noise problem from above? i'm gonna spend a huge sum of money upgrading and it's prolly the most impt decision i've made till date, and i just wanna make sure the decision is a wise one =)

Hi Ef,

I think most EM dun have such problem.. Maybe u can stated where is ur estate and your "neighbour" in here can share share

my 2nd apt is 2weeks after yours. my major overhaul include stair cost me 62k!....broke broke...now waiting for ID render n drawing to finalise. willing to share your quote so we both can make comparsion to ensure we dont kana chop. my email chris_ttal@yahoo.com.sg. Thanks

Hi chris,

Yah, Sure thing! For mine, we design! Our contractor,he fabricate!! :)

Hi EM owners! Time really flies and my MOP is this coming sep.. Still remember in 2007 when I also shared my tblog in RT on my existing 5rm unit. Anyway to cut short, we plan to get an EM in the west area (Jurong east and Jurong west). Hope EM owners in west are able to share the current Val , COV in their area.. And also any units or area to look out for, be it good or bad. Thanks in advance ! :)

I live on the top floor. Block was completed in 1987.

My MBR roof has leaked twice.

My side wall in the MBR leaked once.

Each time, town council came around to patch it up. I'm a bit iffy about the roof's condition given that the MBR roof leak is at one corner of my built-in wardrobe.

Some parts of my plastered walls are showing cracks along existing join , perhaps the building structure itself has some slight movement.

I've accidentally annoyed my downstairs neighbour by knocking stuff on the living room floor late at night, so I suppose the noise does get through. Offhand, I suppose the old flats have thicker partition walls than the new generation pre-fab flats though.

Hi Mansionette Owners out there! :help:

Need help here.. Has anyone encountered Pigenons nesting at the recess area of your balcony?

I have one at my balcony, the droppings and waste are a terrible sight whenever i look out of my MBR. I have actually sought help from the Town council, what they did was to merely send two Bangla workers to clean the area with water jetspray. That helps to clear up for a short time but the pigeons returned soon after. What's worst now, i noticed there are eggs and it's owners are no where in sight. What should i do?? :furious: Really can't bring myself to rid it..

And also to all new owners out there, do give some thoughts on the placement of the aircon compressor. I think my AC contractor should not have placed the compressor in that facing as it provides a condusive and shady hide-out for the unwelcomed pests!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

24ed311e.jpg

6da44a32.jpg

Hi Mansionette Owners out there! :help:

Need help here.. Has anyone encountered Pigenons nesting at the recess area of your balcony?

I have one at my balcony, the droppings and waste are a terrible sight whenever i look out of my MBR. I have actually sought help from the Town council, what they did was to merely send two Bangla workers to clean the area with water jetspray. That helps to clear up for a short time but the pigeons returned soon after. What's worst now, i noticed there are eggs and it's owners are no where in sight. What should i do?? :furious: Really can't bring myself to rid it..

And also to all new owners out there, do give some thoughts on the placement of the aircon compressor. I think my AC contractor should not have placed the compressor in that facing as it provides a condusive and shady hide-out for the unwelcomed pests!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

24ed311e.jpg

6da44a32.jpg

Wow.... Interesting Pigeon eggs, which will soon hatch into baby pigeons. Where do u stay Ms Polar?

I always thought birds builds nests on trees. I don't have a roof shelter in my balcony and u r right to say the placement of compressor is impt. My compressor is about 1 ft from my wall and balcony is very warm in the day.

I live on the top floor. Block was completed in 1987.

My MBR roof has leaked twice.

My side wall in the MBR leaked once.

Each time, town council came around to patch it up. I'm a bit iffy about the roof's condition given that the MBR roof leak is at one corner of my built-in wardrobe.

Some parts of my plastered walls are showing cracks along existing join , perhaps the building structure itself has some slight movement.

I've accidentally annoyed my downstairs neighbour by knocking stuff on the living room floor late at night, so I suppose the noise does get through. Offhand, I suppose the old flats have thicker partition walls than the new generation pre-fab flats though.

Thank you so much for the info.. Hopefully more EM

Owners esp west area can share more..

Wow.... Interesting Pigeon eggs, which will soon hatch into baby pigeons. Where do u stay Ms Polar?

I always thought birds builds nests on trees. I don't have a roof shelter in my balcony and u r right to say the placement of compressor is impt. My compressor is about 1 ft from my wall and balcony is very warm in the day.

Hi Potatoes!

I am staying near Serangoon Central. My balcony is west facing and very warm too in the day. I realised the pigeons are more active in the mornings, and maybe evenings. They are likely to be away in the afternoons, and hence I guessed the afternoon heat is not a problem to them.

potatoes, may i suggest u get some bird control spikes from daiso (green or black in color)and place them where the nest is after the birds move out.

It's ms polar who is having this problem. I don't mind small colorful birds building nests in my balcony. But certainly not pigeons or mynahs.... Hahaa :)

Mine too has mynahs nesting or resting on the air con compressor install on the balcony similar as ms polar.

What I did was frequently used hose to spray water to clean the area.

This shall prevent the birds to built up their nest.

My 2nd appt on 16 jul. Doing a massive Reno too. 69k seems reasonable. Haven't started looking for contractor.

Hi all, confirm my 2nd appt on 18 June!!

Signed up with my contractor. Will be a major makeover!!!

My quote is 69K!! Will upload my quote from my contractor if manage to figure out the upload process

;D

Just came to realized that there is this thread on EM owners.

I just had my 2nd appt on 12th and started my Reno yesterday.

Good luck to other potential EM owners here.