Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Hee, here come a friendly neighbour in the estate!!

Kudos for your enthu!! Maybe u can approached them..

Everytime walk past is they talking to contractor or workers..dont wish to interrupt them.

Will approach them if they're alone. Anyway so far met them 2-3x..hehe.

The contractor fixed up the new windows already...thot its too fast as only hacking is done.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hee,

Hopefully they can built their dream house!! I think thy matter most to them.. Jus worried those clumsy or careless worker scratched their new window frame!!!

666, helpful neighbour to the rescue! :)

Welcome Split84, Eric & Lynn & Zkong.

Hope you all have a smooth reno and beautiful home at the end of your reno journey.

Hi, anybody know what's the different between 5room EM & EM? any floor plan sample?

5rm smaller in size, mine is 133sqm only.

2nd storey only one toilet in master br.

Can get more GST rebate as it is a 5rm.

Btw, it is called 5rm maisonette vs executive maisonette.

See link for floor plan.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OkoGIbTFGn4/S5N0ZNqSIWI/AAAAAAAAAOs/9NEBc_e0YBE/s1600-h/Picture2.jpg

Edited by duhzzz

Hi, anybody know what's the different between 5room EM & EM? any floor plan sample?

5 room has 3 bedrooms and 2 toilets.

EM mostly have 4 bedrooms (or 3 bedrooms and 1 utility room) and 3 toilets (2 upstairs and 1 downstairs). The extra bedroom is downstairs.

EM floorplans here:

http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2011/05/06/how-many-types-of-em-layouts-are-there/

Another 5 room model A floorplan:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39428

Thank you guys, very informative. I will adv my friend to go for 5A M as comparing 139 against 2Gen EM 146sqm, only 7sqm different & can still enjoy 5room rebates....hoohooo...

5 room has 3 bedrooms and 2 toilets.

EM mostly have 4 bedrooms (or 3 bedrooms and 1 utility room) and 3 toilets (2 upstairs and 1 downstairs). The extra bedroom is downstairs.

EM floorplans here:

http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2011/05/06/how-many-types-of-em-layouts-are-there/

Another 5 room model A floorplan:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39428

Thank you guys, very informative. I will adv my friend to go for 5A M as comparing 139 against 2Gen EM 146sqm, only 7sqm different & can still enjoy 5room rebates....hoohooo...

Why? The extra toilet and larger room is worth the diff IMO.

Hi chrislam

Don't mind if I could add some feedback. The 5 room apartment maisonette last built is very limited as there isn't many built.

Moreover the AM valuation and total selling price is the same and could be even higher than EM

If you browse the propertyGuru recently that there is a AM in Hougang 312 going or asking over 620k.....

Looking at the rebates which is about $15 diff bet AM and EM would be about $200 per year and $2000 ten years shall mini the buying price on the AM.

I too do some sums that to realize EM has the better added advantage given the design for 4 bedrooms and 3 toilets.....which is quite a luxury as compare to 3 rooms and 2 toilets.....

If the AM is on a good location or prime land shanted for certain emblod would otherwise be considered........

Hi chrislam

Don't mind if I could add some feedback. The 5 room apartment maisonette last built is very limited as there isn't many built.

Moreover the AM valuation and total selling price is the same and could be even higher than EM

If you browse the propertyGuru recently that there is a AM in Hougang 312 going or asking over 620k.....

Looking at the rebates which is about $15 diff bet AM and EM would be about $200 per year and $2000 ten years shall mini the buying price on the AM.

I too do some sums that to realize EM has the better added advantage given the design for 4 bedrooms and 3 toilets.....which is quite a luxury as compare to 3 rooms and 2 toilets.....

If the AM is on a good location or prime land shanted for certain emblod would otherwise be considered........

Thx for all the sharing.

I didn't even know about AM before I bought my EM.....

If the price of buying an AM is higher than EM, then I rather go for EM.

I m glad to buy an EM :)

Hi chrislam

Not only rebates is different, the SCC is lower too, plus I think lower utility bill. However, if you have extended family living with you, the additional room is good.

Not only rebates is different, the SCC is lower too, plus I think lower utility bill. However, if you have extended family living with you, the additional room is good.

Btw what is the SCC charges for 5AM? EM is $80.

Actually, EM ground toilet is a washing bay, which many converted to a small toilet. Not much space if u want to bathe.

133sqm for 3room+2 toilets vs 146sqm for 4room+3 toilets, Seems like bigger room for 5rmM.

Price wise, due to low supply, it has indeed rose quite substantially over these 2 yrs.

Considering some x factors, e.g super high ceiling, roof over balcony, personal planting area on ground level...while enjoying the gov perks of 5rm,

I never regretted getting a 5rmM.

5rmM is $63 :)

Ok, savings of $17 per mth; ie $204 annually:)

But govt didn't build many 5AM, right? Where can we find them?