Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tristesse

Mansionette Owner

Oki, that's all the high ceiling units I know about... the Pasir Ris EMs with interesting roof terrace don't count, the Bt Batok units with interesting layout don't really qualify tho they have a larger central 'void' area cos of their layout, Bishan EMs have sky terraces but not high ceilings. Regular EMs with higher ceilings on top floors don't count (just slightly higher bedroom ceiling), ditto the Hougang unique 5 room ones.

Anyone has more to share or seen any unique ones while house hunting?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks for all the tasteful photos of different EM and loft, i really enjoy reading it and i never regretted getting one of it. :thumbs up:

Oki, that's all the high ceiling units I know about... the Pasir Ris EMs with interesting roof terrace don't count, the Bt Batok units with interesting layout don't really qualify tho they have a larger central 'void' area cos of their layout, Bishan EMs have sky terraces but not high ceilings. Regular EMs with higher ceilings on top floors don't count (just slightly higher bedroom ceiling), ditto the Hougang unique 5 room ones.

Anyone has more to share or seen any unique ones while house hunting?

Thank gal for the rich info!! ;)

Thumb up!!

Thanks for sharing more pics Adidaem. It is certainly worth considering the punggol loft units after mop.

Do u think the resale price for these units is more costly if compared with the older penthouse units in mature estates. R these punggol loft units classified under 5rm or executive?

I love the midern layout and external outlook of the building.

Only setback is that these units r far from my working place. :(

Edited by potatoes

Glad you all enjoy the little armchair tour of the unique HDB EMs n lofts. Pricing wise I think the cck n sin Ming units go for over 800k. The Strathmore one will be quite a bit more tho.

HDB no longer build exec hdb units, so all 5 rooms, or 4 for some Dawson units. The Punggol ones were sold at over 500k in the last sobf, but given their rarity I'm sure the owners will earn a fair amount when they sell. can't be less than 700k?

Among the new 5 room lofts layout, I like the Sapphire one best cos of the bright staircase. Dawson location is better of course.

Still, I can't get over the much smaller space and toilets so older flats still better IMO. Am sure some will prefer the newer flats but how to get used to a much shrunken room size? Based on analysis of bedroom sizes across periods, room sizes have shrunk by over 20 to 30% at least... If u r interested can read:

http://emrenoblog.wordpress.com/2012/06/17/part-3-comparing-hdb-bedroom-sizes/

Wow didn't know even got so many patterns, my place is in toh guan and I thought that was the last batch of EMs built. The loft units in Punggol looks really awesome!

On a slightly different note, I have a chandelier on my stairs and it's obviously quite a challenge to clean. Did any of you guys buy and speciality ladders that can be used on staircases? I saw http://www.littlegiantladder.com/ whilst I was in the US a few weeks back but its very ex here. 600+ for a ladder!

Does any gen 2 em owners do up wall tiles for the service balcony? What are the pros?

Considering that one doesn't spend a whole lot of time (at least I don't) in the service balcony except for washing and drying, why waste the money on tiles? Just give it a nice coat of paint and be done with it. I built a pretty large cupboard at my service balcony to box up the pipes and also for additional storage.

Love looking at floorplans! Last week, we paid 1K and signed OTP for this. (Images 'stolen' from this thread) MyFloorPlan-TohBalik.jpg

This week, we paid another 1K and signed OTP for this. f_r51rry3u93km_1223093.jpg

Hope everything turns out well....

Love looking at floorplans! Last week, we paid 1K and signed OTP for this. (Images 'stolen' from this thread) MyFloorPlan-TohBalik.jpg

This week, we paid another 1K and signed OTP for this. f_r51rry3u93km_1223093.jpg

Hello, sounds confusing.... Penthouse lover, u mean u signed 2 OTP? These EMs have different layouts, so which one did u buy?

Are both corner units? Can you buy the recess area for the 1st one?

So which one are you getting?

The renovation cost for EM seems to have increased quite significantly. About a year ago, 50K-60K can deliver quite a nice and decent overhaul reno.

Feedback from forumers in recent weeks seems to suggest that now it is 60k to 70K.

Why is there such a signifcant increase?