Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
IPineapple

Reno Must Be Jai Yen Yen ........and A Super, Super Overdue One

I think got black square floor tile at the tile shop next to Hafary - forgot the name. But it's not the 200x200 size, probably slightly smaller. I also thought of doing this flooring initially. But my toilet is so small, it won't look nice. So I gave up this idea.

Ya....sadly...cannot find this size. There goes my checker...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Here is my biggest problem...the leaking and cracking balcony wall... :bangwall::bangwall:

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

Team DJ (Donny and James) thinking how to solve my balcony wall leaking and water drainage issue. They looked so serious man...hahaha :yamseng:

Edited by IPineapple

wow bought from oversea. No local distributor? Then your maintenance how?

You can store in a water bottle and bring to office everyday mah. Though a bit troublesome to carry everyday..hehehe :sport-smiley-004:

Have local but ex. No maintenance loh, what to do? Tried to bring to work but too heavy leh. So in the end lazy... Haha

You are using three different sizes of subway tiles?

Nope, two types only.

The long one for toilet and shorter one for kitchen. Budget constraint....shorter one more ex. :sport-smiley-004:

Problem! After hacked the wall, need to cover this area with match marble or other tile. ID suggested to hack the marble at the same row and uses the black tile to act as a divider between living room and dry kitchen.

IMG_0827.JPG

Edited by IPineapple

This will be the center piece in my foyer. Moooi....

46d3265fc6f9bc07dec0455c94518daf.jpg

Wah, spider...

Wish you a smooth Reno, with a good solution to your balcony's problem. :yamseng:

Hi,

Can i know how much is your wood like floor tile, its dimensions and the place u source for it?

R the subway tiles expensive? Heard it is diff to buy n more costly to lay?

Dun worry abt the balcony... Leave it to the technical guys or can call hdb or town council for help? Maybe there are other units in the same situation?

Wah, spider...

Wish you a smooth Reno, with a good solution to your balcony's problem. :yamseng:

Thanks Piknik. haha...can only afford replicate...

Hi,

Can i know how much is your wood like floor tile, its dimensions and the place u source for it?

R the subway tiles expensive? Heard it is diff to buy n more costly to lay?

Dun worry abt the balcony... Leave it to the technical guys or can call hdb or town council for help? Maybe there are other units in the same situation?

Should be in the range of $3-4...actual dimension i did not take note. I just chose the tile than matches my design and my ID settled the rest. It's from hafary.

Yes, if you do a lot its actually not than cheap which initially i thought it was. The longer one is cheaper, that's why you see i'm using 2 types of white brick tile.

H_D_B is full of craps lah. No use one..called them two times and they said it's my own problem. So no choice has to get my contractor to fix it for me. This balcony is my prority. Must do item.

Edited by IPineapple

IMG_0797.JPG

Master toliet wall and floor tile. This one i left it totally to my ID. Hope it will turn up well. :yamseng:

we got the same colour scheme for master toilet! =P

ur reno looks like its progressing well!

we got the same colour scheme for master toilet! =P

ur reno looks like its progressing well!

Haha..the master toilet is the only place i left it to my ID to decide for me. I just want a rustic, resort feel. As long as it's relaxing and clean....to do "business" inside...good for me liao. :rolleyes:

wow.... you really have a big house, big kitchen and big balcony. I thought it's private housing, really a rare find!

By the way, welcome to the hammer zone, my place although far from yours but also under hammer... :P

Ya....sadly...cannot find this size. There goes my checker...

Hi Ipineapple, thought I saw the checkered tiles in Hup Kiong Balestier, right at the back of the shop, can check it out... I like ur toilet theme & will prob be doing the same thing too. :)

Btw saw ur post on another thread re the white EM chairs. Lush now selling at $110 each promo price, can check it out.

Really, the shorter subway tiles are more expensive? I have not checked on the pricing for both the short & long size subway tiles. I trust my ID & let him decide the subway tiles size.

I do realised that the tiler will need a longer time for the shorter subway tiles and man, it is not easy to make sure it is all in line.

Edited by ahlipz