Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
IPineapple

Reno Must Be Jai Yen Yen ........and A Super, Super Overdue One

The ikea wooden countertop also looks nice..but dun know if it can last.... :unsure:

OOh I saw that the last time I was there. It is nice! but not sure what kind of maintenance wood requires. Plus it's Ikea, so kinda skeptical on the durability. I've tons of stuff from Ikea but they're easily replaceable. Countertops are kinda tough to have to keep replacing.

I'm thinking of the korean type. Can't recall what its called atm but its the one thats typically used by moms. My mom anyways.

It's been 10 years, and she's upgrading the kitchen. I think its quite durable. Sigh Still on the lookout :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wiring was done over the weekend. My electrician really good. I added few more power points and he is not charging me for those. Helped me to label the wire properly so the ceiling guy knows.

IMG_1156.JPG

The hanging wire

photo.JPG

Power board upzzz...

Another good vendor to recommend....my aircon guy.

Found the trucking silicon is not finished nicely and decided to relocate the pipe as I found the location is not that ideal. Quite scare they will not do it or will charge me for the shifting as i'm the one agreed where to place the aircon. Called Tim and he is very patience (excellent following up as well) and send the aircon man Ah Boon to help me fix it.

Ah Boon helped me mend all the silicon trucking and relocated the pipe to my desired location. He even asked me to take a second look and if I want to change anything else. Feeling quite bad to make him work during Sat afternoon, so treat him kopi. Excellent service i must say. :thumbs up:

IMG_1124.JPG

The aircon man

I'm sure if i get my aircon from G*City, sure kenna F! from them. Heard horrible story from my contractor when owners asked their service to redo the piping. He kenna once....

Edited by IPineapple

Wow! Like ur balcony alot! Haha and with the windows gone, I bet it's going to be fantastic!

Happy Reno!!!

Edited by Haleary

Wow! Like ur balcony alot! Haha and with the windows gone, I bet it's going to be fantastic!

Happy Reno!!!

Thanks Haleary. We also like the new balcony...esp the screeding wall and wooden flooring tile. :rolleyes:

How is your reno with Jimmy. Great guy...he is one of my shortlisted.

Found the trucking silicon is not finished nicely and decided to relocate the pipe as I found the location is not that ideal. Quite scare they will not do it or will charge me for the shifting as i'm the one agreed where to place the aircon. Called Tim and he is very patience (excellent following up as well) and send the aircon man Ah Boon to help me fix it.

Ah Boon helped me mend all the silicon trucking and relocated the pipe to my desired location. He even asked me to take a second look and if I want to change anything else. Feeling quite bad to make him work during Sat afternoon, so treat him kopi. Excellent service i must say. :thumbs up:

IMG_1124.JPG

The aircon man

I'm sure if i get my aircon from G*City, sure kenna F! from them. Heard horrible story from my contractor when owners asked their service to redo the piping. He kenna once....

Yea I got from Aron too

Ah boon n his partner done the job

IMG_1124.JPG

The aircon man

Hi, can PM me your aircon guy's contact? Thank you!

Almost one week did not update my progress....it's been crazy week both work and reno.

It's also a week full of issues... :bangwall:

Some crazy neighbour complained to HDB again of my reno. Dun know which crazy bugger. If those people have zero tolerance, dun stay in HDB. @#$@#$#%% 8| Anyway, i screwed HDB officer also..how they expect reno to have no sound at all. People can anyhow complain and they penalise the owner.....COME ON LAH! That crazy ***** even came shouting..."stop drilling"... I think i have to ask the worker to call the mental hospital to arrest this CRAZY *****!!!! Very upset! :curse:

The false ceiling stuffs were here during the weekend.

IMG_1178.JPG

IMG_1181.JPG

That is always the problem/issue homeowners face when buying resale flats. My crazy upstairs neighbour also complained to HDB, and HDB officer called me to ask about my renovation status. Luckily he was not stern, so I also talked to him nicely. When my Hubby was at home supervising worker doing drilling work, this crazy neighbour stomped out from her house and bang on our front door to tell us to stop drilling. Crazy people.

That is always the problem/issue homeowners face when buying resale flats. My crazy upstairs neighbour also complained to HDB, and HDB officer called me to ask about my renovation status. Luckily he was not stern, so I also talked to him nicely. When my Hubby was at home supervising worker doing drilling work, this crazy neighbour stomped out from her house and bang on our front door to tell us to stop drilling. Crazy people.

luckily i got good neighbour who said renovation is like that one. but i got 1 problem kid who likes to come to my front door to mimic my dog barking. that set off the barking. :furious:

First major miscommunication happened..... before they were fews but easily resolved.

When i inspected the house in the morning, i found the ceiling structure looks like they did not cater for my cove light. Called my contractor and he forgot that i have cove light in my round ceiling. By the time he called the ceiling guy they already half way into doing it.....they had to redo the ceiling to cater for the cove light. Hope they not going charge me VO for this as I told them in the very begining. :unsure:

Another ceiling issue again; wanted to make sure thing is correct i personally went down in the same day afternoon to inspect (have a feeling thing is still not right). After chatting with the ceiling workers, I found that my contractor forgot to ask them to do another cove light holder for the living room ceiling or the subcon forgot about this area. They are two sides of the story. Siao lah....big hoo ha... talked with the false ceiling boss..he told me cannot be done and I called my contractor. I told the workers to do other area instead and let the "bosses" trash thing out.

About 15-20mins later, my contractors came. They inspected the place and trashed thing out with the ceiling subcon. In the end, things got resolved and I got what I wanted for my design. Now all can be done. Abit disappointed at this incident but guess surely reno will have this kind of hiccup. At least, my contractors are responsible enough and helped me to resolved it very promptly. So end of day i still very satisfied with them.

IMG_1209.JPG

My round ceiling and the other cove light holder still not complete yet.

IMG_1222.JPG

Foyer L-box

Surprises again. :bangwall:

Called my contractor asking him if i need to buy the door knobs for the rooms or he wants to help me buy since i was in a hardware shop. He was caught by surprise and told me he dun remember I asking him to change the door knobs. Wow bian...siao.... :bangwall:

He told me his guys will charge him for changing the door knobs, but i did told him in the very begining the doors will be painted and door knobs changed. I thought it's already in the quote.

My contractor then agreed to absorb the labour cost of change the door knobs for me. Just as i was about to buy the door knobs from the shop, my contractor called me and told me he will buy the door knobs for me and he will absorb it as well. That is really sweet and nice of him. :dancingqueen: He scares I buy the wrong size later, so he prefers to settle everything for me. :thumbs up: