Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
IPineapple

Reno Must Be Jai Yen Yen ........and A Super, Super Overdue One

That is always the problem/issue homeowners face when buying resale flats. My crazy upstairs neighbour also complained to HDB, and HDB officer called me to ask about my renovation status. Luckily he was not stern, so I also talked to him nicely. When my Hubby was at home supervising worker doing drilling work, this crazy neighbour stomped out from her house and bang on our front door to tell us to stop drilling. Crazy people.

luckily i got good neighbour who said renovation is like that one. but i got 1 problem kid who likes to come to my front door to mimic my dog barking. that set off the barking. :furious:

Mine is the 2nd time HDB called me. Must be the same CRAZY B%^&* complained...ZERO..tolerance. Seems like we have the same pattern "siao ran" neighbour. Want peace and quiet go to mental hospital stay lah! :furious:

Hope my other neigbours are better more considerate people.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Mine is the 2nd time HDB called me. Must be the same CRAZY B%^&* complained...ZERO..tolerance. Seems like we have the same pattern "siao ran" neighbour. Want peace and quiet go to mental hospital stay lah! :furious:

Why hdb call u? Dont they usually call the contractor?

Maybe it's school exams period so tolerant lower. No need to be upset lah. At least got other good neighbors.

Why hdb call u? Dont they usually call the contractor?

Maybe it's school exams period so tolerant lower. No need to be upset lah. At least got other good neighbors.

so far haven't see any good one yet.

Edited by IPineapple

hahaha...you order buffet and invite everyone then got good neighbours lor

Hey IPineapple, don't be too upset...actually in my 1st house which was a HDB, I had also complained to HDB abt my downstairs neighbour's reno. I stayed right above the Reno site & the noise is reaallly deafening one. U're not there the whole day at Reno site, so u wldnt know how bad it is...for ur neighbours it's their home & chillax place, so it's very disruptive. it's like at the site itself.

But ya lah, Reno is like that one, bo pian. Back then I was having confinement for my 1st baby. I cldnt rest during the time I'm supposed to rest & my newborn had to be exposed to this deafening drilling...

I guess hv to give & take lor...it wld help if owner informs neighbours beforehand to prepare them...so they can make plans to stay away during drilling period. i wld hv appreciated that back then. It's the same in hdb, condo or landed...

For my Reno now we informed our left & right neighbours abt the noise & dust & they've been very understanding. Only we forgot our backyard neighbour...haiz. So also got small feedback on the dust from them...

Hope everything will be smooth from now for u. :)

Did you go ard telling them you starting Reno?? Like what Ontheroad said, must make known then they will not complain. I bought cakes for everyone, 2 neighbors 3 neighbors to the left and the last one at corner then upstairs and downstairs. So totally no complain at all loh.

I only have up and down neighbour. :notti:

Anyway, just my luck to have this zero tolerance neighbour. Drill two, three holes only started screaming. Now try to reduce the noise as much as possible. Dun want to have conflict with ah siao.

Think no one will like their neighbour doing reno, I'm myself also. The noise can be really irritating, but i wouldn't go screaming at people like ah siao or complain to HDB, coz end of day people will still continue renovating their house. If the noise gets too unbearable, i will excuse myself from the house for few hours.

Edited by IPineapple

Haha.... Screaming like ah siao really lose the composure. Totally no face.... How come yr place so special? No next door?

Finally my false ceiling is done...

IMG_1234.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG

Not really satisfied with this L-box here....it's much shorter then what i expected. I foresee to have lighting issue once my TV feature is up. Have to remind my ID to look this into... :o

IMG_1237.JPG

No $$$ to do any more box up so purposely leave a lobang here and will paint the pipe. ;)

Met up with my ID, James last friday to discuss the colours for my house. Need to seek his advice as I need extra opinion on the colours. Lucky i asked him, cause there are things which i overlooked. I confirmed my kitchen door as well. I dropped PD door as the cost is almost the same as Glass door. If i going to spend the same amount i rather go for the better looking, elegant glass door then "expensive bifold door".

Was surpised to see 4 people working in my house last Sunday. Thought the painting starts only early this week.

Good that I was there and able to correct them where to paint and to confirm the colour again. The painters are bunch of friendly people and we went thru the whole house to double confirm the colours.

Found nails and screws all over the walls, extra parting gifts from the previous owner..... They really left me ton of craps to touch up! :curse:

Hope all the ugly holes and nails in the house are removed and patched by this time.

IMG_1242.JPG

The painters applying first layer of coating...

IMG_1243.JPG

Preview of my colour....

Edited by IPineapple

Hi can pm me your aircon guy contact?

Another good vendor to recommend....my aircon guy.

Found the trucking silicon is not finished nicely and decided to relocate the pipe as I found the location is not that ideal. Quite scare they will not do it or will charge me for the shifting as i'm the one agreed where to place the aircon. Called Tim and he is very patience (excellent following up as well) and send the aircon man Ah Boon to help me fix it.

Ah Boon helped me mend all the silicon trucking and relocated the pipe to my desired location. He even asked me to take a second look and if I want to change anything else. Feeling quite bad to make him work during Sat afternoon, so treat him kopi. Excellent service i must say. :thumbs up:

IMG_1124.JPG

The aircon man

I'm sure if i get my aircon from G*City, sure kenna F! from them. Heard horrible story from my contractor when owners asked their service to redo the piping. He kenna once....

Hello!

can PM me your ID and aircon guy's contact? :)

Hi can pm me your aircon guy contact?

Hi,

Can you PM me the contact of your ID/ Contractor?

Guys, Pmed you all. :thumbs up:

Thanks! :)