Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
IPineapple

Reno Must Be Jai Yen Yen ........and A Super, Super Overdue One

Umm, just my 2 cents worth on bagless vacuum.

I used to have one and I thought, great, no need to worry if they no longer make the bags anymore ! Ummm, then reality strikes - sooner or later, you gotta clean out that dusty, yucky compartment which stores all that...stuff. :bangwall: If yours comes with a HEPA filter, then that one needs to be cleaned too - whether under the tap etc.

Errr...my next vacuum cleaner, if possible, I will go for a bagged one and if it's not possible, I'm going to make the salesperson show me how to clean that compartment before I decide to buy. :D

Thanks Dragonnite. It's really helpful. No wonder they are still so many bagged one in the market.

Ha....so it's not much difference coz we still need to take it out and clean.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My 2 cents is that his comment of asking Ipineapple to do his homework could be construed as provocative. I used back his phrase in my response in my earlier post... Really doesn't sound nice right? Anyway I recall reading why craft bricks have to be used. Is some HDB rule. Not sure which exact one. So I think is good to clear up this technical point for the benefit of new to reno readers.

Thanks sis for making the point. :D

It's really rude for that feller to come into other people blog and ask the person to do his/her housework without any justification. Perhaps he is jealous of my man-made wall with lower cost and want to proof he made the right choice of getting the premium craftstone.

I'm fine with feedback negative or positive but not with people using such challenging tone. 8|

Anyway i will just ignore nonsense from him. :P

It's really rude for that feller to come into other people blog and ask the person to do his/her housework without any justification. Perhaps he is jealous of my man-made wall with lower cost and want to proof he made the right choice of getting the premium craftstone.

I'm fine with feedback negative or positive but not with people using such challenging tone. 8|

Paiseh. Thought your wall is craftstone. Blur...Cos he mention real bricks... :blink:

But anyway sometimes words in writing sounds very different from spoken/in person. Maybe he didnt mean it. Most importantly if you are happy with your reno, then go ahead with your plans. Cos end of the day you (and your family of course) are the ones staying in the apartment, not people who are passing comments. No need to be angry.

Sigh!! You really have such a negative and immature thinking.

Give up and move on. WMT

Edited by sce

Sigh!! You really have such a negative and immature thinking.

Give up and move on. WMT

Sce, I think this move or opinion about ipineapple is unnecessary. By not remaining calm, It doesn't reflect good on u too. Understand that people r different :)

Paiseh. Thought your wall is craftstone. Blur...Cos he mention real bricks... :blink:

But anyway sometimes words in writing sounds very different from spoken/in person. Maybe he didnt mean it. Most importantly if you are happy with your reno, then go ahead with your plans. Cos end of the day you (and your family of course) are the ones staying in the apartment, not people who are passing comments. No need to be angry.

Sce, I think this move or opinion about ipineapple is unnecessary. By not remaining calm, It doesn't reflect good on u too. Understand that people r different :)

Thanks guys. :rolleyes:

No worries, I'm totally cool about it, because it is for all to see who is the immature and silly one here.

It's really funny to see how people trying to string up something in other people blog.

Let's just ignore that Sce kid and let him bark all he wants here alone.

Use the water type lor, like the imermaid or rainbow?

Raindow is out of my budget, if i have the $$$ i'm sure would like one. :sport-smiley-018:

So karcher sv1902 is the only my cheaper alternative (but not that cheap also).

Hi IPineapple, I tried asking around this forum about the same vacuum cleaner awhile back but didn't get any response.

Well, because of my obsessive need to clean the house I ended up purchasing it about a month back. :sport-smiley-004:

I forgot how much I paid for it.. EJ gave me the best price and I quoted it to Harvey Norman who allowed me to pay with a credit card, can't go wrong that way. :)

It is really good. I like that the floor becomes really hot and squeaky clean after just one pass. It comes with a whole lot of attachments where you can clean just about every surface, my favourite is the squeegee for the glass - you can steam the glass and vacuum up the condensed water while pulling the squeegee through! Glass becomes as good as new! It's really good if you have carpets like me. :thumbs up:

There are a few negatives to this vacuum cleaner though.

- It is really heavy so make sure you store it on the floor.

- the many attachments will keep you entertained for about 2 uses... I found it a hassle to change the attachments for each surface. Will only use it during 'spring cleaning'.

- A lot of storage space is needed for the attachments.

- I think it uses a lot of electricity, like the water heater because of how fast it produces steam.

I think it's main function is to replace your sweeping and mopping.

So you need to see what your needs are in the house and your personal cleaning style.

Go to check it out at major retail outlet for a demo and you see what it can do and know if it will suit your cleaning style. :yamseng:

Wow...thank you so much whitehousey, you are really helpful.

Finally, i have a decent review on SV1902. :yamseng:

Been searching the net for review but couldnt find any decent feedbacks. Guess it's not that popular.

Is it ok to use this on parquet floor and how is the suction power?

Do you need to change the HEPA filter often and any need to buy extra one?

Edited by IPineapple

Guest 121212

Hi IPineapple, looking forward for more photos from your renovation work. :dribble: By the way, dun mind can u PM me your ID contact? Many thanx. :good:

Hi IPineapple, looking forward for more photos from your renovation work. :dribble: By the way, dun mind can u PM me your ID contact? Many thanx. :good:

Surely, no prob. Pmed you. Good luck. :yamseng:

Edited by IPineapple

Wow...thank you so much whitehousey, you are really helpful.

Finally, i have a decent review on SV1902. :yamseng:

Been searching the net for review but couldnt find any decent feedbacks. Guess it's not that popular.

Is it ok to use this on parquet floor and how is the suction power?

Do you need to change the HEPA filter often and any need to buy extra one?

It's actually quite popular, I've check with a few stores and they move quite fast. About a month before I bought it, when I was doing my research and getting the promoters to give me a demo, all the major shops had it. When I finally bought mine it was the very last piece Harvey Norman had, called all their shops and they pointed me to their Funan store. Apparently there was a shipment hold up and there was no stock in Singapore for 2 weeks.

My conclusion is that it moves quite fast in Singapore just that no one writes a review. :sport-smiley-018:

I use it on my timber floors too. Steam vacuum is kinda like mopping with the extra heat so I don't see why not. Just watch out when you press the steam trigger, it comes out really hot and fast. I also make sure I'm moving the nozzle along the floor when I engage the steam, so the heat is not concentrated on one spot.

Suction power is phenomenal. It's rated stronger than anything Karcher has.

I've only had this vacuum for a month plus so no need to change the HEPA yet.

I may have to in the future, not sure.

Please update with PHOTOS!! :good:

:yamseng:

It's actually quite popular, I've check with a few stores and they move quite fast. About a month before I bought it, when I was doing my research and getting the promoters to give me a demo, all the major shops had it. When I finally bought mine it was the very last piece Harvey Norman had, called all their shops and they pointed me to their Funan store. Apparently there was a shipment hold up and there was no stock in Singapore for 2 weeks.

My conclusion is that it moves quite fast in Singapore just that no one writes a review. :sport-smiley-018:

I use it on my timber floors too. Steam vacuum is kinda like mopping with the extra heat so I don't see why not. Just watch out when you press the steam trigger, it comes out really hot and fast. I also make sure I'm moving the nozzle along the floor when I engage the steam, so the heat is not concentrated on one spot.

Suction power is phenomenal. It's rated stronger than anything Karcher has.

I've only had this vacuum for a month plus so no need to change the HEPA yet.

I may have to in the future, not sure.

Please update with PHOTOS!! :good:

:yamseng:

Thank you whitehousey for the kind assurance. It's certainly very useful. Didn't know it's so popular here. :thumbs up:

Most prob i'm going to get it now. Was deciding whether to get irobot to vaccum and wash or Sv1902 since both almost the same price.

Sorry some more questions, do you need to hover it when mopping to prevent the strong steam from damaging the timber floor? Or can just press the nozzle against the floor. I heard some people talking about need to hover when mopping. :unsure:

Normally how long do we need to to change the HEPA?

Do you still remember how much you gotten yours for?

Ya, sure..will be updating with more pics. Now doing all the touching up and it seems never ending. Keep finding areas need to be touched up. Need to tell my contractor die-die nust finish all these by end of next week. :bangwall:

Thank you whitehousey for the kind assurance. It's certainly very useful. Didn't know it's so popular here. :thumbs up:

Most prob i'm going to get it now. Was deciding whether to get irobot to vaccum and wash or Sv1902 since both almost the same price.

Sorry some more questions, do you need to hover it when mopping to prevent the strong steam from damaging the timber floor? Or can just press the nozzle against the floor. I heard some people talking about need to hover when mopping. :unsure:

Normally how long do we need to to change the HEPA?

Do you still remember how much you gotten yours for?

Ya, sure..will be updating with more pics. Now doing all the touching up and it seems never ending. Keep finding areas need to be touched up. Need to tell my contractor die-die nust finish all these by end of next week. :bangwall:

The iRobot and SV1902 is incomparable... They are in totally different categories and do completely different things.

Okay, so I have the Karcher SV1902...

but because I like to empty it's water after each use so it takes a little longer to setup than normal vacuums.

I also have a basic Samsung vacuum that I got free with my fridge. I use it more than the Karcher because it's simple to setup, just plug and use.

So to split up the function of each vacuum cleaners:

- I use the Karcher like you would the mop(about once/twice a week)

- And I use the Samsung like you would a normal broom(every other day)

But because of the crazy amount of hair that we both drop on our extremely white tiles...

On top of these 2 vacuum cleaners I'm planning to buy an iRobot Roomba to do the work for us. :sport-smiley-004:

So that when we get back from our offices there won't be hair on the floor.

I don't understand what you mean by hover.

I'm not sure about when to change the HEPA.

And I think I got mine for $1095. :idea:

The iRobot and SV1902 is incomparable... They are in totally different categories and do completely different things.

Okay, so I have the Karcher SV1902...

but because I like to empty it's water after each use so it takes a little longer to setup than normal vacuums.

I also have a basic Samsung vacuum that I got free with my fridge. I use it more than the Karcher because it's simple to setup, just plug and use.

So to split up the function of each vacuum cleaners:

- I use the Karcher like you would the mop(about once/twice a week)

- And I use the Samsung like you would a normal broom(every other day)

But because of the crazy amount of hair that we both drop on our extremely white tiles...

On top of these 2 vacuum cleaners I'm planning to buy an iRobot Roomba to do the work for us. :sport-smiley-004:

So that when we get back from our offices there won't be hair on the floor.

I don't understand what you mean by hover.

I'm not sure about when to change the HEPA.

And I think I got mine for $1095. :idea:

Hahaha...ya...i know that. Just thinking whether to have it automated or doing it manually. Of course, Karcher is many times more powerful then the robot and robot most prob cannot clean 100% as compare to us doing it manually.

Wow...you going to get the irobot as well. :thumbs up: