Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
IPineapple

Reno Must Be Jai Yen Yen ........and A Super, Super Overdue One

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Now have to start looking for good vacuum cleaner as reno is about to finish. Lots of cleaning need to be done. :bangwall:

Anyone has good vacuum cleaner to recommend. I thinking to get those bagless one.

My wishlist is the Karcher SV1902, this one can vacuum and steam cleaning the floor at same time. The price is very ex though. More than $1K.

Anyone used this before can give me some feedbacks?

14393100.jpg

Umm, just my 2 cents worth on bagless vacuum.

I used to have one and I thought, great, no need to worry if they no longer make the bags anymore ! Ummm, then reality strikes - sooner or later, you gotta clean out that dusty, yucky compartment which stores all that...stuff. :bangwall: If yours comes with a HEPA filter, then that one needs to be cleaned too - whether under the tap etc.

Errr...my next vacuum cleaner, if possible, I will go for a bagged one and if it's not possible, I'm going to make the salesperson show me how to clean that compartment before I decide to buy. :D

Just my humour opinion.

Real brick wall dont really cost much and the effect will be totally different from those artificial.

Just go and do some homework and u will know.

www.craftstone.com.sg

Good luck.

Craft stones are used for a reason. Do read the HDB rules or to quote you "Just go and do some homework and u will know.":

Replacement of internal wall finishes up to ceiling level

Permit required? Yes

Conditions:

-No tampering of existing structures is allowed

-Total thickness of the wall finishes including cement screed must not be exceed 25 mm.

Laying of wall finishes on bare concrete surface provided by HDB up to ceiling height

Permit required? No

Conditions:

-No tampering of existing structures is allowed

-Surface of reinforced concrete wall is not allowed to be hacked to form key for tiling

-Spatterdash or other equivalent shall be used to form key for tiling

-Total thickness of the wall finishes including cement screed must not exceed 25 mm

How do you use real bricks less than 25mm? And no point hacking the entire wall to rebuild right?

Edited by adidaem

Are you the employee from this company, if so please get out of here and i have did enough homework to know what i want.

Most importantly, I'm happy with the end result and it's price tag. :yamseng:

Hi IPineapple

As you are aware blogging on renotalk, that is opening your home door to let the www whole wide world to know what is the status behind your closed door that my advise to you, should not have started it the first instance if you aren't ready to accept suggestion or criticism.

Don't have to be defensive as All readers' mentioned to you weather negative or positive comments is the end decision lies in your pocket.

That is how deep or how much to finance on how extensive or quality.

People ask you to jump and when jump can kill, than don't do it..... Advise is advise as ultimately you decide........

Remember ! Nobody here is financing you except ideals ...... But you can built to improve on the given ideas......

Just my thoughts as no disrespect to you......

My 2 cents is that his comment of asking Ipineapple to do his homework could be construed as provocative. I used back his phrase in my response in my earlier post... Really doesn't sound nice right? Anyway I recall reading why craft bricks have to be used. Is some HDB rule. Not sure which exact one. So I think is good to clear up this technical point for the benefit of new to reno readers.

Umm, just my 2 cents worth on bagless vacuum.

I used to have one and I thought, great, no need to worry if they no longer make the bags anymore ! Ummm, then reality strikes - sooner or later, you gotta clean out that dusty, yucky compartment which stores all that...stuff. :bangwall: If yours comes with a HEPA filter, then that one needs to be cleaned too - whether under the tap etc.

Errr...my next vacuum cleaner, if possible, I will go for a bagged one and if it's not possible, I'm going to make the salesperson show me how to clean that compartment before I decide to buy. :D

Dragonnite, u do have a point but i encounter the other way round.

II have an samung vacuum which use bag but do not know why all big department store do not have the bag n have to go down to samung which I remember was at jurong east near IMM. When I go there, they do not have too and so I would like to place order and the sales told me, do not know when they ordering.

Every time i call them also do not have. Now the vacuum is sitting in store as no bag!

So don know which is the best bag or bag less?

• Like 1

ha...it's not my man made wall. I have those white rectangular tiles in my toilet and kitchen wall. It also act as my backsplash. Problem now is i tried to install those ikea rail..then the tile crack.

Have you tried pasting masking tape on the tiles before drilling, I saw my contractor do that, but not sure what's the purpose.

Dragonnite, u do have a point but i encounter the other way round.

II have an samung vacuum which use bag but do not know why all big department store do not have the bag n have to go down to samung which I remember was at jurong east near IMM. When I go there, they do not have too and so I would like to place order and the sales told me, do not know when they ordering.

Every time i call them also do not have. Now the vacuum is sitting in store as no bag!

So don know which is the best bag or bag less?

Use the water type lor, like the imermaid or rainbow?

Have you tried pasting masking tape on the tiles before drilling, I saw my contractor do that, but not sure what's the purpose.

What you should do is when using the hammer drilling machine, you must set the drill to normal mode or in non hammer mode.

Hold and press the drill at low speed and allow the drill bit to have time to cut the surface of the tiles. Be it be Homo or porcelain or ceramic tiles, allow the drill to cut on their surfaces. Once you have cut through the tiles, then set back to the hammer mode.

If you drill the tiles on hammer mode which actually the hammer vibration shall crack the tiles instead of cutting the tiles.

Remember that behind the tiles is the cement and sand which cannot filled up every square inch of the tile. There might be area not completely 100% filled thus created a air pocket which during drilling, the hammer drill in "hammer" mode shall hit on the tiles surface and being below has certain amount if air pocket cause the tile to crack.

Always remember to set to non hammer mode first to allow the drill bit to cut and cut with low speed that to allow the drill bit to have sufficient time to cut on the tile surface.....

Soory guys. A bit confuse in my earlier post. Quite a long winded explanation......

In short when using the drill to make holes on any tiles wall, that you MUST set the drill in normal mode and NOT in hammer mode.

In hammer mode, the hammering vibration shall crack and break the tiles instead of cutting the surfaces.

Soory guys. A bit confuse in my earlier post. Quite a long winded explanation......

In short when using the drill to make holes on any tiles wall, that you MUST set the drill in normal mode and NOT in hammer mode.

In hammer mode, the hammering vibration shall crack and break the tiles instead of cutting the surfaces.

this one i understand... :sport-smiley-004:

actually, i've also owned a vax vacuum cleaner which is the water-based type. the main thing that discourages me from using it more often is the drying of that small plastic tubing that brings water to from the reservoir to the nozzle. if u dun allow it to dry thoroughly, it will become smelly and/or mouldy - so that takes a few days, in which case i will always have the tubing drying somewhere in the house. if u use it every week, i guess it's ok...

the cleaning performed by this vacuum cleaner is definitely superior to the normal type - the floor feels squeaky clean afterwards.

Use the water type lor, like the imermaid or rainbow?

Actually rainbow is not too bad if you want to vacuum the whole place but as its pretty big, if intend to clean a little area will sigh, lazy to pull it out. :P

Now have to start looking for good vacuum cleaner as reno is about to finish. Lots of cleaning need to be done. :bangwall:

Anyone has good vacuum cleaner to recommend. I thinking to get those bagless one.

My wishlist is the Karcher SV1902, this one can vacuum and steam cleaning the floor at same time. The price is very ex though. More than $1K.

Anyone used this before can give me some feedbacks?

14393100.jpg

Hi IPineapple, I tried asking around this forum about the same vacuum cleaner awhile back but didn't get any response.

Well, because of my obsessive need to clean the house I ended up purchasing it about a month back. :sport-smiley-004:

I forgot how much I paid for it.. EJ gave me the best price and I quoted it to Harvey Norman who allowed me to pay with a credit card, can't go wrong that way. :)

It is really good. I like that the floor becomes really hot and squeaky clean after just one pass. It comes with a whole lot of attachments where you can clean just about every surface, my favourite is the squeegee for the glass - you can steam the glass and vacuum up the condensed water while pulling the squeegee through! Glass becomes as good as new! It's really good if you have carpets like me. :thumbs up:

There are a few negatives to this vacuum cleaner though.

- It is really heavy so make sure you store it on the floor.

- the many attachments will keep you entertained for about 2 uses... I found it a hassle to change the attachments for each surface. Will only use it during 'spring cleaning'.

- A lot of storage space is needed for the attachments.

- I think it uses a lot of electricity, like the water heater because of how fast it produces steam.

I think it's main function is to replace your sweeping and mopping.

So you need to see what your needs are in the house and your personal cleaning style.

Go to check it out at major retail outlet for a demo and you see what it can do and know if it will suit your cleaning style. :yamseng: