Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I love your house the way it looks lived in.. Much cosier and with personality with the stuff around. Its very scandinavian.. really admire your keeping to the theme so well!

Hihi!

Sorry to trouble u but where did u get the cabinent below ur long mirror! :)

Cheers,

Vi

It's from commune, millennia walk..same series as my dining table..

I love your house the way it looks lived in.. Much cosier and with personality with the stuff around. Its very scandinavian.. really admire your keeping to the theme so well!

Hee thanks! We're not very neat people.. =p

Edited by theitsybits

Hi theitsybitsy!

I urgently need to enquire on PE. Does all wall hack need PE? My ID says, Hdb just replied to my permit after 2 weeks, and now says I need PE! And there's additional cost too! Mind dropping me you email? So we can communicate better? Eqen@ymail.com. Thank you!

Anyway I'm loving your home!! Stylish and pretty much!!

.::. Mr K .::.

A few has asked me if Mr K a.k.a Kevin is/was from Ideal House. Some have even met up with Kevin from Ideal House thinking that he's the Mr K who did my place.

And to clear the air, Mr K is not from Ideal House and has never been with Ideal House. I've no idea how or where people get that idea. I've never met Kevin from Ideal House and have no idea if he's any good.

Mr K a.k.a Kevin Tee is a one-man-show, and he (finally!) has a Facebook page that you can check out if interested.

It's kinda funny, this Kevin from Ideal House must be getting weird calls and perhaps more business with this mix-up. :P

.::. Mr K .::.

A few has asked me if Mr K a.k.a Kevin is/was from Ideal House. Some have even met up with Kevin from Ideal House thinking that he's the Mr K who did my place.

And to clear the air, Mr K is not from Ideal House and has never been with Ideal House. I've no idea how or where people get that idea. I've never met Kevin from Ideal House and have no idea if he's any good.

Mr K a.k.a Kevin Tee is a one-man-show, and he (finally!) has a Facebook page that you can check out if interested.

It's kinda funny, this Kevin from Ideal House must be getting weird calls and perhaps more business with this mix-up. :P

He must be doing his own webpage... CMI!!!! How come got ang mo photos in the About Us page?!?!?! At least if not done, leave a blank page or don't publish it lah. Aiyoh, I got a shock out of it when I click on it!

He must be doing his own webpage... CMI!!!! How come got ang mo photos in the About Us page?!?!?! At least if not done, leave a blank page or don't publish it lah. Aiyoh, I got a shock out of it when I click on it!

hahaha..i think he's getting someone to do it, not ready yet..the Facebook has some pictures of his projects though..

well, knowing him, he's horrible in English and bad with such technological stuff and is those hands-on contractor so can't expect too much fanciful stuff.. :dunno:

Hi theitsybitsy, I enjoyed reading your reno process and especially like your living room + kitchen! A pity I can't do open concept kitchen due to my layout. Good thing is I'm engaging Mr. K so hopefully I'll have a smooth reno too. I have a few questions, hope you don't mind me asking.

1) I understand you used wood-grain tiles, any cons about it so far? I should be using wood-grain tiles (instead of laminate) since I feel it's easier for maintenance and cooling on the feet.

2) I like your toilet doors (both the common toilet & kitchen's). Mind sharing with me how much Mr. K quoted you? And did it come in white or you had it painted white?

3) I'm thinking of incorporating a big horizontal mirror at my dresser area. The one you have in your living room (near to the entrance) looks good. Was it supplied by Mr. K? Mind sharing with me the size (how many feet) and cost?

Thank you!! :sport-smiley-018:

Hi theitsybitsy, I enjoyed reading your reno process and especially like your living room + kitchen! A pity I can't do open concept kitchen due to my layout. Good thing is I'm engaging Mr. K so hopefully I'll have a smooth reno too. I have a few questions, hope you don't mind me asking.

1) I understand you used wood-grain tiles, any cons about it so far? I should be using wood-grain tiles (instead of laminate) since I feel it's easier for maintenance and cooling on the feet.

2) I like your toilet doors (both the common toilet & kitchen's). Mind sharing with me how much Mr. K quoted you? And did it come in white or you had it painted white?

3) I'm thinking of incorporating a big horizontal mirror at my dresser area. The one you have in your living room (near to the entrance) looks good. Was it supplied by Mr. K? Mind sharing with me the size (how many feet) and cost?

Thank you!! :sport-smiley-018:

The only bad thing about the tiles is that it's not entirely even..especially if you lay it my way (aligning the ends to middle)..initially when the house is empty its pretty obvious when you scrutinize the flooring..but after furniture is in, it doesn't bother me..you can minimize this problem by laying it in a staggering manner, like 5cm difference in height for each row..it doesn't look as good IMO..

The doors and mirror was done by Mr K..can't rem how much, probably in the range of 600-800 as my door was huge..they were spray painted white..mirror was 1.3m x 1.6m..same price range too..

hello! we are trying to minimize reno works and only do the essential things since i find tt it's the furniture and little things which adds character to the home. but because we need to do flooring for the whole unit, and i want parquet in the room, plus the toilet wall tiles are patterned, so tiling works are substantial.

i'm going for a contractor because many IDs' quote are almost double of what i got from contractors for identical works. many contractors will also coordinate the electrical, carpentry etc for you, it's not much different from ID. the only thing is they may not have 3D drawing (but their hand-drawn 3D is impressive!). many contractors also don't speak english well, but i like it that they don't gek kao with you if you get them to help or add some stuff. IDs will usually charge accordingly.

For me, I'm very sure of what I want and the layout etc, so having an ID is redundant and I really can't afford to pay 60k for reno currently. so if u would like to save some cash, you can go meet a few IDs and get ideas, before going to a contractor. :sport-smiley-018:

my budget is 30k and so far 2 contractors' quote has been around there. amazingly, both contractors have the exact same cost for a few rooms despite different breakdowns! so i reckon that must be the market rate.

i've met one contractor-ID who speaks good english and provides ID drawing but charges similar prices with contractors, if you're interested I can share the contact. we went down to view one of his completed projects, and owner seem happy, workmanship pretty decent and have pretty good attitude too.

Hi, can share the contact of this ID tt can speak good english pls! thanks.. if dont mind can pm me? got questions to ask u. ty ty!!!

Hi theitsybits,

May i know where did you get your dinning table and bench from? Do you rem how much was it? Thks.

Hi theitsybits,

May i know where did you get your dinning table and bench from? Do you rem how much was it? Thks.

The dining tables was from Commune at Millennia Walk, made of Oak and was about 1.4k iirc..the bench was from Star Living, think it was 399 for 1.6m, rubber wood..

Hi!

Thanks for all the info in your blog!! Have had loads of fun reading it today :) Really love the finished look..

Could you PM me the details of your contractor, Mr K? tks :)