Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Hi itsybits,

Your reno journey has been amazing and I'm captivated by the Scandinavian design theme house. Do you mind sharing K's contact?

Thanks a million!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi i really like your home decor :) can you pm me your contractor's contact and share your renovation cost? my email is grace.leong@me.com thanks!

Hi,

I have been reading your blog and love your beautiful home style.

Really interested in engaging Mr K for his contractor service. Do you mind sharing his contacts and quotes for your home?

Many thanks in advance!

Warmest Regards,

Xavier

So, we finally got a huge mirror for the wall above our sideboard. Pardon the mess, because we are simply not very neat people who make their lived-in homes look like showrooms. =P

8855315776_3f90ffbb0a_z.jpg

This is the view from the kitchen/entrance.

8855317852_392c327980_z.jpg

And this is the view from the corridor.

We initially wanted to save some money, and got a 30x160cm mirror ($39 only) from Ikea and got our neighbor to help us drill and mount it up. It wasn't ideal, much too small actually. I considered getting 2 mirrors to be placed above each other, but the husband opposed to it. After a few months, the mirror started to warp, perhaps being unable to take the mirror weight.

So, we decided to get a big mirror, after recovering somewhat from all the renovation-wedding-honeymoon expense. I asked Mr K for a quote despite hearsay that his prices ain't that cheap anymore, and also contacted some mirror supplier. Surprisingly, his quote was lower than the mirror supplier and he ended up charging us the 1m x 1.6m price even after we decided to get the 1.3m x 1.6m size - perhaps out of goodwill and appreciation for all the customers we have got him.

The mirror was really of good quality and good workmanship with solid wood backing. The workers came on time and I'm as usually impressed by them. The guys took great care in installation and cleaning up, and polished my mirror till it shined. They even helped us to sand our main door and commented/gave advise on the bad workmanship of our laminate (because we DIY-ed with our neighbors and just paid for the laminate!). Even the husband was impressed by the guys.

I am still very appreciative of Mr K and his dedication to his work of beautifying homes, the good attitude of his workers. After working with PRCs and Bangala, you really appreciate Malaysian workers with good work ethic and attitude. Not to generalize or discriminate here, but there's a marked difference. And Sometimes, it's worth paying more for quality and to avoid trouble. You get what you pay for.

The home now look bigger and brighter with the mirror! Moreover, if you believe in fengshui, mirrors facing the dining table reflects abundance and the good energy when family and friends gather.

We are also slowly working on small projects on our home, perhaps doing something with the bay windows and installing digital locks.

Have been wanting to do a before and after as the home is more or less done up, yet have been procrastinating since the home does not look like a showroom anymore. Soon, soon.

Edited by theitsybits

hello there,

Can I have Mr. K contact too?

Kindly pm me please.

I am searching for contractor now, having read yours, pinkwhale and paloma's reno blog, he seems like a very nice guy :)

Thank you

We have just added a new mirror, installed digital locks for the main door and gate (after contemplating for a long time, as we were very impressed after visiting bigbull's place) and will be changing the curtains from the lousy rods (wanted to save money a year back) to tracks and working on a small project that the husband says 'a second renovation'. I think after all these, it'll really be the end of our renovation journey in the near future (I think so!), unless you count painting turquoise stripes to my future (no idea when) baby room.

And here are some lived-in pictures of our home before 'a second renovation'. We're really not very neat people and yes, I struggle with clutter and household chores. So, it's no show-room worthy pictures really, but what the home actually looks like most of the time (it's more messy some days when laundry covers the sofa). Don't you always wonder how renovated homes look like after people really move in and stay in it? I always do wonder!

9033042823_e4e6b92e2d_z.jpg
9035271170_f46f6c1896_z.jpg
9033067631_a4ba600d5d_z.jpg
9033073285_90ba40741a_z.jpg
9035301722_bcc942f129_z.jpg
Edited by theitsybits

Thanks! I didn't really hide them, it's still visible behind the tv and not very neat..my neighbor gave us some tubes (similar to those washing machine type) and a few wires go into each tube into the console..

Hi there, I absolutely love your place! We are also going for a similar look so if you could share Mr K's contact via PM, that would be great thanks! :good: