Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Oh, they have clearance sales? I like their things but am quite tight in my budget. That's great news.

just to chip in on tv console, i read somewhere that tv console should be around 2/3 the length of sofa. But I didn't consciously follow also.

That's what I heard. Since they only open by appointment, there's no harm emailing them to enquire :)

Ah, 2/3 length of sofa... didn't know that. My coffee table is very long, 1m, so am thinking if I should go with 1.5m for TV console, or longer like 1.8m.

What are the lengths of your TV console and sofa?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

That's what I heard. Since they only open by appointment, there's no harm emailing them to enquire :)

Ah, 2/3 length of sofa... didn't know that. My coffee table is very long, 1m, so am thinking if I should go with 1.5m for TV console, or longer like 1.8m.

My TV console is 1.7m while sofa is 1.9+m. I think depends on the layout of your living hall too?

Enjoyed readin ur super long blog.. Took 2days to read it.. Wifey sometimes angry as y im so engrossed readin over the phone.. Hehe.. Ur story is indeed an inspiration for me to do a more detailed research for ID/contractor.

Hope u dont mind sharing Mr K contact.. And ur carpentar's info..

Thanks a million..

Enjoyed readin ur super long blog.. Took 2days to read it.. Wifey sometimes angry as y im so engrossed readin over the phone.. Hehe.. Ur story is indeed an inspiration for me to do a more detailed research for ID/contractor.

Hope u dont mind sharing Mr K contact.. And ur carpentar's info..

Thanks a million..

hey thanks :P yea, it's good to do some research, even just simple one like google the company name/ID name for a quick due diligence check..then like all things else, follow your heart :rolleyes:

Hi theitsybits,

Have been following your blog for a long time and hope everything turned out fine for you and yr husband. Think yr house really fits the scandinavian theme well with your oak furniture and large doses of white (from kitchen cabinets to brick walls to doors). As I am also enamored by the scandinavian theme, would like to ask if the "whiteness" is difficult to maintain? So far so good?

Also love the Louvre doors for your toilet. Was thinking of doing frosted swing door for mbr toilet but if space is a constraint, think we will opt for the Louvre doors. Can check with you if the door is very expensive?

Ah, 2/3 length of sofa... didn't know that. My coffee table is very long, 1m, so am thinking if I should go with 1.5m for TV console, or longer like 1.8

My wall is 2.4m, console 1.9m , sofa 2.1m and the coffee table is 1.2m..

Hi theitsybits,

Have been following your blog for a long time and hope everything turned out fine for you and yr husband. Think yr house really fits the scandinavian theme well with your oak furniture and large doses of white (from kitchen cabinets to brick walls to doors). As I am also enamored by the scandinavian theme, would like to ask if the "whiteness" is difficult to maintain? So far so good?

Also love the Louvre doors for your toilet. Was thinking of doing frosted swing door for mbr toilet but if space is a constraint, think we will opt for the Louvre doors. Can check with you if the door is very expensive?

Hey thanks!

White walls are more difficult to maintain i suppose..u've to be careful with dirty hand prints..especially for my bay window where people sit and touch (we did not do anything just paint)..

We would have likes other doors too, but space was a constraint so we settled for the lourve pd door..we paid abt 400 for it..I think my contractor did not mark this up from supplier as it was added later on..it's aluminum sprayed white..

Hey thanks!

White walls are more difficult to maintain i suppose..u've to be careful with dirty hand prints..especially for my bay window where people sit and touch (we did not do anything just paint)..

We would have likes other doors too, but space was a constraint so we settled for the lourve pd door..we paid abt 400 for it..I think my contractor did not mark this up from supplier as it was added later on..it's aluminum sprayed white..

Hiya itsy,

How do you find woodtiles? When you walk on it does it feel like wood or does it feel too cold? =) my wife and I are considering between getting woodtiles or laminates. How big are ur woodtiles? 60x15? one color through the entire house?

Thanks!!

Hiya itsy,

How do you find woodtiles? When you walk on it does it feel like wood or does it feel too cold? =) my wife and I are considering between getting woodtiles or laminates. How big are ur woodtiles? 60x15? one color through the entire house?

Thanks!!

it is tiles and feels like tiles..i think it isn't as cold as marble or glossy wood tiles, but still kind of cold..mine is 60x15 and same tile throughout whole house including kitchen and service yard with the exception of toilet (given by HDB)..

hmm for laminates vs wood tiles i guess u'll have to do some research to know the pros and cons before deciding what you want..i do not like laminates because of the feel when you walk on it and it sounds hollow..it's also less durable and needs more care to avoid too much water..it wasn't a choice for us as we wanted same flooring for whole house to create the illusion of continuity and bigger space..laminates are not suitable for kitchen..

there are other options such as vinyl which is 'waterproof'..but i think i shared why i don't like it too, because water may seep through the gaps in between and smell or cause mould after some time..same problem if you forget to close your windows or there's a leak somewhere..some are also concerned about health risks for vinyl which gives out poisonous fumes which some believe is harmful, especially for children..

i love my flooring because it's very low maintanance, i don't have to worry about water or scratches at all..good for lazy people like me :D but if budget is a concern i've to say that laminates are a tempting choice, given the wide variety of wood grains now.. :thumbs up:

My wall is 2.4m, console 1.9m , sofa 2.1m and the coffee table is 1.2m..

Hey gal, so sorry to trouble you again... When you have time, do you think you can help measure the height of your TV console, please? Cos we plan to custom make TV console from Second Charm, need to know the height. Hoping to place TV on the console instead of wall mounting tv, but contractor mentioned console will look weird if it's too tall... :ph34r:

The living room is finally complete! :dancingqueen:

8266386349_af97789144_z.jpg

Living room.

8267460216_372e279c9f_z.jpg

Papa bear chair.

8266391275_52da771c10_z.jpg

The smile table custom-made in oak. :thumbs up:

We're only left with bedside tables and study table..it's almost time for a before-after picture to conclude renovations.. :P

The living room is finally complete! :dancingqueen:

8266386349_af97789144_z.jpg

Living room.

8267460216_372e279c9f_z.jpg

Papa bear chair.

8266391275_52da771c10_z.jpg

The smile table custom-made in oak. :thumbs up:

We're only left with bedside tables and study table..it's almost time for a before-after picture to conclude renovations.. :P

Wow, I like the color of your papa bear chair! This is mustard color? I wanted to get something mustard colored but was worried that it wouldn't look nice with wood tone. but yours look great.

Hey gal, so sorry to trouble you again... When you have time, do you think you can help measure the height of your TV console, please? Cos we plan to custom make TV console from Second Charm, need to know the height. Hoping to place TV on the console instead of wall mounting tv, but contractor mentioned console will look weird if it's too tall... :ph34r:

just to chip in a thought, you need to consider the size of your tv too. larger tvs can afford lower consoles. now the trend are all low consoles but doesn't seem comfortable to me personally.