Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi theitsybits

Like your house design. You must have travel a lot to have these simple European taste.

I am getting my keys in Punggol next month. Can you Pm me the contact of your contractor k?

Also pm the name and hp number ( just in case he change company) of your carpentry contractor that does the bad job for you just in case I kanna the same one. Your pm mailbox is full.

Thanks

Ho

Hello thanks! I studied a year in Sweden and really love the homes there.. =)

Will pm you my contractor..he has done pinkwhale, paloma, bigbull, kk85 and dancingintherain homes too..

As for bad contractors, sometimes it's better to do a simple search on google the company name, ID name and boss's name on the internet for a due dilligence and feel with your heart..they can easily close down and reopen another company to hire new IDs or change hp numbers..

hi, where do you buy your photo frames from? :)

Hey

We bought it from everywhere! Because we wanted different sizes, different designs but all black..some were spray painted black..some were from Daiso and spotlight, some from Ikea and marks & spencer and Bangkok..

Hey

We bought it from everywhere! Because we wanted different sizes, different designs but all black..some were spray painted black..some were from Daiso and spotlight, some from Ikea and marks & spencer and Bangkok..

thanks! :) I notice having black photo frames on wall is a Scandinavian design too. Nice!

thanks! :) I notice having black photo frames on wall is a Scandinavian design too. Nice!

Hee..is it Scandinavian? Think it's quite common in ang moh homes in US and Europe..sometimes it's on walkways or below stairs area..many different styles..some have all different frames..we had a hard time deciding frame color, whether or not the sizes and frames are similar, what shape on the wall etc..Pinterest has many inspirations!

Nice nice! More pics pls... Now u can concentrate on your wedding prep. :sport-smiley-004:

Can I check with you where you gt the green rug and how much? hehe hehe..

Have been kept really busy this month, this is how the home looks like now. The photo wall is up! But the coffee table was on loan from Lorgans as our shipment was delayed and needed it for our pre-wedding shoot at home.

8187440521_f9027718b1_z.jpg

Still have not got our bed frame! Looking forward to the furniture from Lorgan's and getting the bed frame before getting side tables to complete the home! :P

Day 74

i really miss working with Mr K..i told him to arrange for electrical guys to come down on Friday since carpentry is almost completed..he got the painter down and they painted the whole house including my doors and blackboard bomb shelter door today! Even painted my yellowish pendant light I got from Taobao..he's super on the ball..text him and he replies or calls back shortly..plus i will always know what is being done every single day..

carpentry is 95% done..they were fixing the final drawers for kitchen when we left in the evening..but he still needs to adjust the height of some shelves and do some rectifications..not even sure if he's coming tomorrow to finish it up since it's quite impossible to finish them tonight..

7795276390_28efb40b87_z.jpg

This is how the living room look like now..my shoe cabinet is up..and the wider planks look so much better..the wooden border made with plywood is pretty horrible, both sides weren't sanded properly even though I told him before installation..i've seen paloma's border or plywood features, but they were totally smooth to the touch while mine is really really rough.. 8| i'm really going to make them sand it till it's smooth..and no news of my solid top yet..one whole week already.. :furious:

7795282676_1508d925d7_z.jpg

Full height shoe cabinet..but i've decided to only put shoes in the lower shelves! will explain that in another post..

7795285268_966132a707_z.jpg

My makeup area when closed to hide the mirror.

7795287316_7d6270b61a_z.jpg

And the pretty dining light that Mr K painted for me! :thumbs up: so shiny and white now..

my haiku fan and lights will be installed tomorrow!! :sport-smiley-004: will go down with my dslr to take nicer pictures.. :yamseng:

Hi theitsybit, may i know how the shoe cabinet door opens? is it magnetic like those press and open?

thanks.

Hi theitsybit, may i know how the shoe cabinet door opens? is it magnetic like those press and open?

thanks.

It's soft closing..the doors are quite big and heavy..if those press-open kind better get Blum ones as others spoil quite easily..

Hi can pm me Mr K contact? Thxs!

hello, sry for the delay..pm-ed..

We are still waiting for our furniture from Lorgan's which we ordered in September. :( Delivery was supposed to be in mid-October for console and coffee table with papa chair in December..but they wasn't able to make it and loaned us furniture for our photoshoot at home instead..and finally, the pieces will arrive soon..have been checking with them often, and they might send us the console first as it's already available..i'm really worried about scratching or damaging their on-loan furniture!

We've also finally bought our bed frame and will arrive next weekend. We actually managed to get what something similar to what I had in mind, although I'm praying the color chosen will match my grey room..

Hopefully the home can be almost complete soon..looking back at the renovation pictures, it has really been a long journey and huge transformation.. :yamseng: