Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
theitsybits

Love Nest @ Casa

Mind sharing the price of the hob? Any review?

I think it was 1099 from Audiohouse..

No complaints about it..have you used induction before? The feel is quite different from stove fire and cooking is controlled by tenperature..your pots and pans must be induction use (as long as magnet attracts the pot)..

Good thing is no heat lost and things boil alot faster..it's arguably safer too as heat stops once pot leaves surface automatically and does not burn your hand when u touch it..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Oic. Yup. Was looking at domino hob by Bosch. Cos it comes with frame so it wun crack tat easily. Besides the design is sleek but at a price.

I heard abt storage heater not having enuf pressure for rain showers. In any case, there are even gas heaters nowadays.

Edited by bintang

Oic. Yup. Was looking at domino hob by Bosch. Cos it comes with frame so it wun crack tat easily. Besides the design is sleek but at a price.

I heard abt storage heater not having enuf pressure for rain showers. In any case, there are even gas heaters nowadays.

the last time i asked, i was told Bosch uses 16amp, which was why i got electrolux without second thought (it's 15amp within HDB's limits)..but my neighbor using Bosch told me that it's 15amp..i was looking at the side by side instead of top-bottom one..not very sure but you can confirm..

btw for domino hobs, do note the distance between the hobs..as if they are too near and you use chinese woks or big pots, you may not have space to use both at the same time..

i think storage heaters are the best bet compared to other heaters..but well, we don't use rain showers that often after all.. :P

Edited by theitsybits

Day 76 cont

7808789128_e00d8133a6_z.jpg

Dining area. Dining table will be horizontally below the big spinning light.

7808795482_5663750a12_z.jpg

Living area, with the haiku up.

7808799074_561ed6b2da_z.jpg

MBR down lights.

7808803238_bc85f3f554_z.jpg

MBR toilet.

Hi there!

Mind to share what is the color/laminate code for your wooden frame?

Thank you in advance!

Hi there!

Mind to share what is the color/laminate code for your wooden frame?

Thank you in advance!

Hello

Mine is not done with laminates, they are solid plywood stick together, sanded and lacquered.

But do note that there's different grade for solid plywood..Paloma and pinkwhale has used the same method but their layering and joints at 90 degrees are alot nicer..my joints were badly done and there are many holes in between layers..

Hi theitsybits,

Can I have Mr K's contact details? And if you don't mind, please share with me the renovation cost?

Your concept for your home is truely awesome and it is exactly what I have in mind =) Thanks in advance.

Chris

Hi Itsybits! I'm new to the renovation process and am so inspired by your place. Just want to ask how's the smell in your house whenever you cook in your open plan kitchen? I love open plan kitchens but don't like the food smell to linger in the whole house... *want the best of both worlds, haha :P

Hi Itsybits! I'm new to the renovation process and am so inspired by your place. Just want to ask how's the smell in your house whenever you cook in your open plan kitchen? I love open plan kitchens but don't like the food smell to linger in the whole house... *want the best of both worlds, haha :P

It's not an issue for me, mainly because my place is very windy..I usually open all the windows and doors so smell does not linger..I don't really deep fry and use the hood, so it's really not like how some describe the whole house with smell and grime..and I cook about 3 times a week..

I suppose it depends if the air in your place is still? If air moves in and out quickly it should be ok..which comes back to my love for bright and airy kitchen/living area.. =)

Hello theitsybits, mind sharing with me where u get the toilet louvres door? And approximately how much does it cost you. Thanks!!

My contractor got it for us..think it was abt 400 or so..

How much and where you pruchased this door? I am planning to change my mbr toilet door to this! :)

Day 62

7710354130_88fffe609a_z.jpg

The toilet louvre door.