Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
denimart

Pokey In The City

Oh haha... that is Betty, the dog that sit beside us the every first time you came for viewing. She has the whole house to herself when both of us are at work.

Yes! its betty, cutie :P almost didn't see her in the picture, but she too cute to miss

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

All the hardware parts (hinges, lift-up, inner drawers, standard drawers) in the cabinets are using a mixture of Blum and Hettich.

Counter-top is using CaesarStone 2141 Fresh White 20mm quartz; too bad SilesStone out of stock for White Zeus Extreme (voted the most white quartz in the world) for 20mm.

To date i only paid $20,000 for my reno; pretty sure there is still a balance payment but i still dont know how much.

Hi TaiChiPands

Just checking On your Blum installation. Do you need to pay extra charge if to opt for Blum series instead?

I was charge another $190 extra as my ID mentioned that is the norm as all other kitchen cabinet contractors also does the same.

Please advise.

Thanks

Forgot to mention that the extra $190 is for the Blum system install charge on top of the e.g S1 & S4 drawers charge.

Hi TaiChiPands

Just checking On your Blum installation. Do you need to pay extra charge if to opt for Blum series instead?

I was charge another $190 extra as my ID mentioned that is the norm as all other kitchen cabinet contractors also does the same.

Please advise.

Thanks

Forgot to mention that the extra $190 is for the Blum system install charge on top of the e.g S1 & S4 drawers charge.

Not sure whether is norm to charge extra for installation or not... My understanding is when you ask for Blum hardware parts, of cos must come with installation. I would think your carpenter bought the "few-dollars-each" Blum hinges to replace the normal "each-80-cents-made-in-china" hinges and charge your ID, then your ID turn around, mark it up and charge it as installation charge to you.

It has been 3 weeks since i moved in to my new house, I am still waiting for my carpenter to come visit me and slap me with the bill for his carpentry works. And there is a balance of $6K from reno quote for main con to collect. I always heard in RenoTalk about contractor or ID chasing customer to pay, my case exactly opposite LOL.

My case is $5k down payment to confirm the order total about $40k with 3D pics promised.

About a week later after been to select the tiles, ID collected 50% or $20k which pay another $15k in addition to the earlier $5K.

Hacking work start first then Sand, cement and tiles deliver about 3 days later.

Tiling and wet works starts into 3 weeks later, ID call to meet in their office to talk about the cabinetry works.

Confirm laminates, design and if Blum system is used or not.

My case was Blum system was used and pays the variation order which comes to additional $1.5k on top to the $40k.

My nego to 30% instead if the usual 40% balance of $20K.

So another $6K plus $1.5k =total $7.5K was paid.

This has been 3 weeks ago and have been asking my ID for the cabinetry Items which they inform me that next Tuesday shall be delivered and install.

Now awaiting for the cabinetry to be install and upon completed installation which the ID shall collect the balance amount of another 15%.

Upon hand over which within the 30 days to pay out the last 5% or $2.5K for my case.

For Taichipanda case in my opinion, ID now being silent or quiet is becos they have not yet delivered the work and once they are done, I believe they will haunt for payment.......

For Taichipanda case in my opinion, ID now being silent or quiet is becos they have not yet delivered the work and once they are done, I believe they will haunt for payment.......

Sorry Exman, my renovation is officially completed on the 20 April. To date i only paid $20K and it has already been 3 weeks, they didnt chase me for balance payment.

can show close up of your counter top?? *drools*

It is CaesarStone 2141 Fresh White 20mm quartz. I was taught by the CaesarStone installer on how to maintain the quartz surface, how to remove if accidentally stained.

I am at work now, no picture, will insert later, how would you like me to show close up?

Lucky you. Mind letting me know how much is your total reno cost?

Hey i will let u know for sure. But right now better not, cos don't know how it will turn out..skali not nice also. So better wait till finish i share with u. Anyway, we keep adding alot of things which most items my con absorbed oredi. Only those huge items must pay, buay tahan..initially we don't wana change but windows and door are getting eyesore along the reno and they can be quite pricey. Sian too.

Hey i will let u know for sure. But right now better not, cos don't know how it will turn out..skali not nice also. So better wait till finish i share with u. Anyway, we keep adding alot of things which most items my con absorbed oredi. Only those huge items must pay, buay tahan..initially we don't wana change but windows and door are getting eyesore along the reno and they can be quite pricey. Sian too.

I would suggest you change the aluminum windows (so many panels will cost quite a bomb), main door and bedroom doors, just dont hack away the door frames, especially the main door frame which is still very sturdy cos it was build into the floor. Main door should use half fire-rated solid wood (about $1200 (give you a rough idea)) with lock (see mine!); bedroom doors are cheap at about $270 each with lock (without door frame; door frame will cost you about $150 each).

My case is $5k down payment to confirm the order total about $40k with 3D pics promised.

About a week later after been to select the tiles, ID collected 50% or $20k which pay another $15k in addition to the earlier $5K.

Hacking work start first then Sand, cement and tiles deliver about 3 days later.

Tiling and wet works starts into 3 weeks later, ID call to meet in their office to talk about the cabinetry works.

Confirm laminates, design and if Blum system is used or not.

My case was Blum system was used and pays the variation order which comes to additional $1.5k on top to the $40k.

My nego to 30% instead if the usual 40% balance of $20K.

So another $6K plus $1.5k =total $7.5K was paid.

This has been 3 weeks ago and have been asking my ID for the cabinetry Items which they inform me that next Tuesday shall be delivered and install.

Now awaiting for the cabinetry to be install and upon completed installation which the ID shall collect the balance amount of another 15%.

Upon hand over which within the 30 days to pay out the last 5% or $2.5K for my case.

My case no need down payment, no quotation, no 3D drawings.

Go select tiles from White Horse, no need to pay a single cent.

Hacking works started on 12 March, then sand, cement and tiles delivered a few days later.

By end of first week, hacking all done and debris all cleared.

By end of second week, tiling all done, plaster & partition all done.

By end of third week, initial painting done, electrical done, aircon done, carpentry onsite measurement done, received first quotation from main con.

By end of forth week, plumbing done, windows & grill done, received revised quote from main con.

By end of fifth week, final painting done, main & bedroom doors done, carpentry installation all done except quartz counter top, paid $20K to main con.

Move in on 16 April.

20 April, quartz counter top delivered and installed.

It has been 3 weeks since we moved in, I am waiting for main con to collect balance payment of $6K and carpentry bill.

12 May, paid $20K to carpenter for carpentry works and quartz counter top.

:yamseng:

Edited by taichipanda

It is CaesarStone 2141 Fresh White 20mm quartz. I was taught by the CaesarStone installer on how to maintain the quartz surface, how to remove if accidentally stained.

I am at work now, no picture, will insert later, how would you like me to show close up?

Thanks~

Just to show if there's patterns on it.

9th May 2012

I did mention to my con before that I want him to do a v good water proofing job or maybe its normal procedure...more water proofing done again. Anyway i feels good that this is taken seriously..

Common bathroom:

DSCF2174.jpg

Part of grouting done, con did ask me to use white grouting becos in future if use color grout, certain grout will drop when wash and u will never be able to achieve the same color to patch back again. So i agree..

DSCF2175.jpg

DSCF2177.jpg