Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kepy

Kdk Ceiling Fan

Slowth

Based on prices reported by users, Yes kdk fans appear slightly cheaper. But unless you are buying several units, it may be better to make your decision based on which shop is more convenient to go.

I believe Yes sells all types of fans. Easiest is to just call them to check. Number given in my earlier post.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

oh i'm not so worried bout slight variance in prices, will just go to the easier one.

However, if either has KDK standing fans, then i'd favor that one cos i need 2.

But not sure if the stand fans are lots cheaper than those here.

I went to YES Electrical Supply this morning. Just sharing my experience.

Address is 22 Jalan Serampang, Taman Pelangi, 80050 Johor Bahru. Off Tebrau Highway just after Plaza Pelangi. Not difficult to find. It's shown on Google Maps. You can call them at 07-3339900. Open 8 am to 5 pm Mondays to Fridays. Close at 1 pm on Saturdays.

Price is indeed half the price in Singapore. K14Z9 (V56VK) was RM470 while K15Z9 (V60WK) was RM550. That works out to only S$188 and S$220 based on my exchange rate of 2.505. The hook was not included in the KDK box but the shop supplied it free.

The shop will sell to you but will not deliver to Singapore. They are not allowed to.

Warranty is not valid for Singapore. In the unlikely event of problems, the shop says to call them and they will determine if it is product or installation problem. If product, you can take down the fan and bring it back to them.

Design and specifications wise, there appears to be no difference between the Malaysian and Singapore models. The shop says they are indentical

Except for one thing which nobody seems to have mentioned or have a problem with. Colour. The Malaysian models come in different colors. For the above two models, they come only in Titanium Silver and no White. The blades looks grey to me. Not sure if the colour is the same as Singapore's Grey. Anyway, my better half wants only white, so I returned home empty handed. My friend bought one as he wanted Titanium Silver.

GST is payable at Singapore Customs for goods exceeding S$150 if you are away from Singapore for less than 48 hours. They will check your passport to verify this. We drove into the Red Channel to declare the fan and went to the customs office. The customs officer explained that if the travelers are a family unit and the goods meant to be shared, she can allow the value to be split amongst the family members. However, in our case, she said we were not related and how can the fan be shared between the two of us? But Anyway, as the amount was just above the limit, she let us off without having to pay GST. If in doubt, it is better to declare and maybe pay just the 7% rather than risk a $10,000 fine and jail.

May I know whether the shop accept credit card payment or should I bring RM for payment?

can p, me his name and number ? so i avoid him.. thanks

Using only 2 out of 6 screws seems like a terrible thing to do. To be fair to other installers who may unluckily be also Davids, better give his surname or partial mobile number.

hi

can pm me the tax rate so that can manage budget expectation rightly..

Thanks A Lot !

hi bro...

tax wise...

well.... limit per day is 150S$ per pax

if two pax...no need pay tax

there is also another way to avoid...

not convenient to say here

Prices quoted are cash basis. Not sure if shop accepts credit card but certainly if so, the price would be higher.

Tax referred to is Singapore GST., which is currently 7%.

Just booked 4pcs M11SU, 1pc V56 and 1pc V60 all white set from *spam AMK at $1399. Think this is one of the lowest you can find in Singapore. Most places are quoting about $1500.

Just booked 4pcs M11SU, 1pc V56 and 1pc V60 all white set from *spam AMK at $1399. Think this is one of the lowest you can find in Singapore. Most places are quoting about $1500.

Hi,

Are you referring to Everjoin Electrical Trading at Block 159, Amk Ave 4?

If it is the same, then I agree with you that it is the lowest price that I can find too in Singapore currently. I have just purchased my KDK ceiling fan and engaged them to install for me during this weekend.

I am glad that the installer came on time to do the installation, as I have set my own appointment after the installation. Everything went smoothly and the installer is very good in his work as there is no delay throughout the whole installation.

The workmanship is nice and everything is the same as I have planned, so good job to the everjoin and the installer!!

I will urge anyone that is interested in getting KDK fan to approach EJ for their price and installation!

Cheer and Happy New Year!!

Hi ppl,

I recently bought a KDK V60WK (Sensa 5) from Malaysia but realised my ceiling is too low to attach this fan and so have to let go. Willing to let it go for SGD240. Pick up from my place. First come first serve. (SOLD)

Edited by itsmylife82

Hi,

Are their pricing cheaper than newspaper advertised?

I know cheapest place to get is M'sia. Almost half. But importing it is cumbersome and worse of all, they don't carry white!!???

Hi,

Are you referring to Everjoin Electrical Trading at Block 159, Amk Ave 4?

If it is the same, then I agree with you that it is the lowest price that I can find too in Singapore currently. I have just purchased my KDK ceiling fan and engaged them to install for me during this weekend.

I am glad that the installer came on time to do the installation, as I have set my own appointment after the installation. Everything went smoothly and the installer is very good in his work as there is no delay throughout the whole installation.

The workmanship is nice and everything is the same as I have planned, so good job to the everjoin and the installer!!

I will urge anyone that is interested in getting KDK fan to approach EJ for their price and installation!

Cheer and Happy New Year!!

KDK fan good ? or fanco fan ? now consider this two brand.

You cannot compare the two. Like comparing Mercedes with Toyota. Both are good.

Depends on your priorities:

Kdk more expensive

Kdk more reputed

Fanco more common

Only Fanco has add-on lights

Kdk fan rods fixed length

Fanco has more choices

Heard that Fanco after sales better

There are also other brands similar to fanco eg amasco. Depends on what you want.

Edited by kstoh