Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pensiveowl

A&a - Adding One More Level To A House

Hi,

We're in the process of buying a hse - a 2 storey semi-D, and are considering adding one more level - bigger rooms for the kids. Would anyone know how much it'd cost to construct one more level with 2 bedrooms and a bathroom/toilet?

Thanks

PO

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

depending on the floor area that you have and whether you would be applying for permit or not.

If you are submitting for approval to URA & BCA, you'll need a PE to do up the drawings and submission for you. Mine charges abt $15K.

I am only adding in 1 level (1 bedroom) + staircase & that has already set me back by about 25K.

depending on the floor area that you have and whether you would be applying for permit or not.

If you are submitting for approval to URA & BCA, you'll need a PE to do up the drawings and submission for you. Mine charges abt $15K.

I am only adding in 1 level (1 bedroom) + staircase & that has already set me back by about 25K.

Ok good to know - thanks Shmj

For my place, I get approx. area gain of abt 1500sqf (incld the additional level).

Am filling up the void spaces to gain 1 more family hall and a study cum play area for my girls.

Also, extending out to do a balcony on my 2nd flr.

The wet work costs (incd toilets tiles, etc) is abt 125K.

For my place, I get approx. area gain of abt 1500sqf (incld the additional level).

Am filling up the void spaces to gain 1 more family hall and a study cum play area for my girls.

Totsboy - I was considering roof terrace.. removing roof and creating roof terrace alone costs $150k? :P

I am doing a roof terrace on top (half open half close) with area gain 1200sqft costing around 150k.... :dunno:

Hi both, I have sent you both a PM rgding your A&A.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks!

Actually also depends on whether need to do piling, strengthening works etc, yr PE will advise. I had also asked before previously, will cost about $150k to add 1 more storey.

Hi,

I an buting a 20yrs old 3 storey inter terrace. I am going to do 1.5m extension at the front and 3m extension at the rear. The built in area will change from 2500 to 3700 approx. got to redo all the tiling, rewriting, plumbing and roofing. Anyone would be able to advice what would be the total cost like if piling is required?

Onion, better get a structural engineer to study and advise you, this professional fee cannot save if you doing A&A or extension per se. Anyway, you still need the PE to submit for you.

Mine also extension from the rear at L2, approx 3.6m x 6m

Thanks totsboy and jumbopanther :))

Yes, I will definitely need to engage a PE to do the check and submit for me.

Thanks jumbopanthee for the contact too :))