Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

:D hehehe.. (if you ever come by, maybe you can meet her!) Now that you did so many DIY projects so well, perhaps u can do it as a hobby/sideline, this way, you wont be bored!

.DIY projects are too time consuming...! er... you should know very well since you married a DIY expert! hahaha...my fren said i can have my housewarming party next year..on the first anniversary of my key collection! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I like your living room fan! Super gorgeous... The look of your living, dining areas and kitchen gels very well! Have fun decorating!

:D hehehe.. (if you ever come by, maybe you can meet her!) Now that you did so many DIY projects so well, perhaps u can do it as a hobby/sideline, this way, you wont be bored!

.DIY projects are too time consuming...! er... you should know very well since you married a DIY expert! hahaha...my fren said i can have my housewarming party next year..on the first anniversary of my key collection! :)

haha June I think MsChocobanana and her DIY expert husband's house reno can match your super slow and steady record lol.

hi MsChoconananaI I saw your blog this morning and I started reading from the last page, it was such a good read that I finished reading all five pages at one go on my bed! and I only realised half way through that your DIY expert husband is June's ID!

haha June I think MsChocobanana and her DIY expert husband's house reno can match your super slow and steady record lol.

hi MsChoconananaI I saw your blog this morning and I started reading from the last page, it was such a good read that I finished reading all five pages at one go on my bed! and I only realised half way through that your DIY expert husband is June's ID!

morning Sarah! Thanks for taking/wasting yr time to read my t blog yet say such nice things abt it.. Hhaha.. I find it mostly my rants and expectations yet nothing much to show. I'm meaning to snap photos of some updates but was consumed with laziness last night :( I will certainly let him know his new nickname "DIY expert" n see what he thinks. This said, we have June to thank for her giving him the chance to work with her on her home. He loved the challenges and really happy that June considered n accepted (some?) of the ideas he provided. How do I know? Cos I when I nagged him (almost to the brink of one of our deaths) he always turned the subject ard to how his projects r going n that often made me forget momentarily forget my issues n even sometimes put me to slp. Hahahaha.. Happy long weekend everyone!

Morning Mrs Foo,

What ranting? :) Your blog gave us a peep into a DIY Expert ID's own home reno journey and an insight in the contractor/ID trade in some of your blog posts! Keep up the sharing ! :)

I contacted your hubby through June few months ago for a very small project to custom make a mid height wardrobe. Very impressed with his attitude!

morning Sarah! Thanks for taking/wasting yr time to read my t blog yet say such nice things abt it.. Hhaha.. I find it mostly my rants and expectations yet nothing much to show. I'm meaning to snap photos of some updates but was consumed with laziness last night :( I will certainly let him know his new nickname "DIY expert" n see what he thinks. This said, we have June to thank for her giving him the chance to work with her on her home. He loved the challenges and really happy that June considered n accepted (some?) of the ideas he provided. How do I know? Cos I when I nagged him (almost to the brink of one of our deaths) he always turned the subject ard to how his projects r going n that often made me forget momentarily forget my issues n even sometimes put me to slp. Hahahaha.. Happy long weekend everyone!

Good Morning Mrs Foo!

I think you deserve an award for being the most tolerant and most supportive wife! Not everyone can tahan a workaholic hubby.. He should pass you his entire paycheck!

Just contacted the movers to get them to collect the empty boxes from me. The girl who picked up the call asked if I would be at home on the public holidays. I said I would only be at home in the mornings but got to go to work in the afternoon. And guess what? She burst out laughing and said :" huh? You got to work on both public holidays." how insensitive! How dare she laugh at my misfortune! Boohoo !!!!

Happy long weekend everyone! You guys are really lucky!

Haiz, I am also working on the 2 holidays this week, guess we share the same boat!

Welcome onboard!

Hi, can i know where to find that union jack chest of drawers?

Hi, i didnt buy it. Its a housewarming gift.

Very very spacious! N boxup also done up nicely.. Thumbs up!

Thanks! :)

I think I'm worthy of getting an award for taking the longest time to buy my dining chairs. initially I thought getting the right dining table would be most difficult but it turned out that the chairs are more problematic and expensive! my custom made table was ready long, long time ago but I'm still searching for those elusive chairs. in the meantime, I'm using chairs left behind by the sellers. Quite mismatched but better than nothing !

9449780526_477fc98ab7.jpg

photo.JPG by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

9449772284_ddb704e6b4.jpg

photo.JPG by

BachelorettePad, on Flickr

my living room needing more decorations to fill all that space..And the more I look at the living room, the more I think it looks colonial..rather than industrial Scandinavian.. I think it's because of the black track lights and fan..

9450114514_b5bfab7b37.jpg

The view from the front door...there is an 'entry' next to the tv wall bcos I hacked the wall. so my tv wall and tv console are 360 degrees.

9449774646_a442b302f7.jpg

The console cabinet was made by the carpenter while everything else - the tv wall and the pipes were personally done by my ID. The pipes were originally in a boring brown colour but he colored them with black and silver paint to create a rusty industrial look. When I met the owners of some popular furniture shops recently, they told me they had trouble looking for skilled people in Singapore to custom make nice pipes for industrial design furniture. When I showed them the picture of the pipes, they said the pipes were very well made and asked for my contact. you can imagine their surprise when I said my ID designed the pipes and painted them himself. so kudos to my ID!

9450036968_b6da3152c4.jpg

It's still very much work in progress. Need to put in more stuff to fill the space and walls. I'm still doing the mock ups for my blinds. This DIY project is turning out to be more difficult than I thought. I have already done like three different looks but still not happy with it. And there are still the pipe shelves which my ID is doing (or will be doing when he is free... Which is I donno when... Hahaha)

Wow... The pipes look really nice!!! I am looking to do a full height pipe bookshelveswith the, with the pipes painted matt gold color, and a big hole at the center to fit in my life of pi pictures, got inspired by the pictures online..... Just to check, do you know where did your id gets the pipes? Are the fittings expensive because these are customize parts right? Thanks in advance...