Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

What's the name of the shop? I usually buy my stuff from brown rice paradise at tanglin mall. I'm not that into healthy stuff. :) ... But I swear by oats. Really effective in bringing down cholesterol.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

What's the name of the shop? I usually buy my stuff from brown rice paradise at tanglin mall. I'm not that into healthy stuff. :) ... But I swear by oats. Really effective in bringing down cholesterol.

Nature's Glory 315 Outram Road #11-03. Tan Boon Liat Building

Fabulous pad u have there :good::good: like the pipe thingy idea....

Fabulous pad u have there :good::good: like the pipe thingy idea....

I like it too! trying to have more pipes to balance the amount of wood i have (my tiles are wood like)

i know what you mean...such sales personnel drive away potential customers !

talk to a friend that work at plaza sing near that shop he told me that , that guy sometime when he is alone in the showroom he can chain up the entrance and go MIA for 2 to 3 hour and everyday close up early , so may be he is not a sale personnel but the boss or the boss son lor if so maybe should just stay home and shake leg rather than be there and drive potential customers away :no:

Edited by rayfox

Hi June, can you pm me the address of the wood supplier/furniture maker and where you got the table legs from?

Edited by vapyre

Hi June, can you pm me the address of the wood supplier/furniture maker and where you got the table legs from?

Hi June, can I also have the contacts? Thanks in advance!

Hellooooo...! Been missing in action bcos iphone is spoilt and can't take any pix...now I feel like I'm living in outer space with a temporary phone with no 3G. :( .. Just a quick update on what's happening on the home front (if there is anyone who is still interested in reading my blog)

1. Finally did a mock up of my pipe shelves with ID. Went through different configurations before deciding on the one that is most pleasing to my eye. The pipes which ID bought were really nice and as usual, he's going to do some painting to the pipes. Cant wait to see the finished product! but unfortunately, we will not be able to install the pipe shelves soon due to my strange working hours. So got to wait till both of us are free.

2. Have been working on a DIY project which Im really excited about. Explained the concept to ID and he seemed to think it will work.So far, almost half of it has been done BUT ID is ''stealing'' the half and incorporating it into the pipe shelves! This means that my DIY project will have to start from scratch as I need to buy the materials and paint all over again... Faint!! . But I looking forward to seeing how the

finished product will look.

3. I'm also trying to refurbish two stools which I have, but the painting is giving me a big problem.

Hopefully I can do a rescue job and post the pix here.

4. Ok, I know I'm being ambitious here..but I also doing smth to my ottoman!! It is actually a nice

ottoman and I could have left it alone. But one fine day when I was looking at it, an image suddenly

flashed across my mind and I just had to do smth to it. So keeping my fingers crossed !

Edited by June

I like the potted plant in your toilet.. I'm thinking of getting one for my toilet too... Is that a real plant?

no its a fake one from ikea. i dont think a real plant can grow in my toilet

Gave an old school stool a makeover...

Before and after...

9651766032_17f08448da_n.jpg
photo.JPG by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

It's challenging painting the wooden seat to make it look like aged wood bcos the original surface had been treated before and was smooth. Sanding it down first didn't help much. Took quite a few coats of paint in different shades, many touch ups, and many days of drying in the sun.

9651768322_22e9b64581_n.jpg

9651769182_992c170536_n.jpg

9648527289_60691d3a0a_n.jpg

Tried to give the wood a lot of texture and roughness by painting layer over layer and then 'torturing' it by sanding it down and scraping it... The effect wasn't exactly what I had hoped for but still not too bad i think

9648678795_e7018f837f_n.jpg

what do u think?

Edited by June