Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My furniture maker sms-ed me this pix. One of his clients is getting an industrial dining set customized.

9845225826_140e508b32_n.jpg

Fwd: WhatsApp image by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

Really surprised by the range and number of furniture churned out in their tiny workshop.

Hi June, is this from the same furniture maker as the one who did your dining table? It looks fab!

Hi June, is this from the same furniture maker as the one who did your dining table? It looks fab!

Hello! I think the pix was taken in a store. His client showed him the pix and requested for his parents to customise a table with similar design. The pipes will be provided by a supplier. The carpenter just looks for a suitable wood, varnishes it and mounts it on the pipes. I have not seen such industrial table in his workshop so not sure how's the workmanship. May ask him to SMS me the finished product to kaypoh :)

I'm pretty sure that this picture was taken from journey east.

Hello, time for another update!

My last customised project by ID is progressing smoothly. I think the building of pipe shelves is very tough and labour intensive. The measurements also got to be very accurate. Thankfully, it is in good hands because customised projects are ID's forte :).

Due to our busy schedules, the project is split into 3 parts - the mock up, the installation and the painting. Here are some overdue pix of the mock up some time back.

9785607324_f87247c874_n.jpg

photo.JPG by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

The pipes were already cut and welded to length by a shop before the mock up. As you can see, I'm using real water pipes with real connectors. I love the rugged, masculine look! But my friends find it puzzling that someone with white satin bedsheets and whimsical stuff in the bedroom will have masculine water pipes in the living room.. :)

9785624546_0ba7a7f29d_n.jpg

The pipes (still unpainted) were laid out on the floor and we shifted them around to see what kind of configurations we could get.

9785674533_6340d74ce8_n.jpg

Here's a shot of ID talking to the wall...... Oh, I think he was holding the pipe against the wall so that i could visualise how the shelves will look like.

As usual, we explored all possibilities before deciding on what worked best for me (like all other parts of my renovation such as tiling, carpentry etc). I think the mock up took about two hours plus, which I think is actually not too bad, given that we are both fussy and meticulous and really scrutinised every possible configuration.

Really looking forward to the end product :)

Looks great!

I think your place is a lot more industrial than mine! Time to change the thread title maybe heh

Looks great!

I think your place is a lot more industrial than mine! Time to change the thread title maybe heh

haha! the shelf looks industrial on its own but when seen together with the other furniture and furnishing, it looks less industrial. i always joke that my decor is 'yiu siu industrial", not the hardcore industrial look :)

Hey June! Can pm me your furmiture maker's contact pls? TIA! :)

Hi redder, have pm-ed u. Do u have a tblog? Will love to see your Reno pix :)

Tks June! I have not started a T-blog yet as my reno will only start in Dec.. Have been itching to start one actually.. Cant wait!!

you can create a blog now and document your pre-reno process (decision making, purchases etc). the folks at RT can give you ideas and suggestions. i must say you are way ahead of time, since your reno is starting only in dec. im quite sure you will keep changing your mind till dec :)..... And im very sure your reno is in good hands...: )

Hmm yes maybe i shld just start a blog now haha! I can be quite indecisive at times so high chances of me changing my mind on stuff which my other half and I have actually agreed on already! :P

We have approached at least TEN IDs/contractors and almost wanted to sign up with one but thankfully, I came across ur blog and Stinz'.. We felt he's the right man for the job just after our first meeting so he better not let us down! Lol!

Hmm yes maybe i shld just start a blog now haha! I can be quite indecisive at times so high chances of me changing my mind on stuff which my other half and I have actually agreed on already! :P

We have approached at least TEN IDs/contractors and almost wanted to sign up with one but thankfully, I came across ur blog and Stinz'.. We felt he's the right man for the job just after our first meeting so he better not let us down! Lol!

Just do it! i can tell that you can't wait to blog about your new place! :) I dont think Mr F will let you down. He knows his reputation is at stake since we can blog about it. heh heh

Hahaha yes i texted him just now and he said u're right.. My reno is in gd hands.. I told him it better be! Lol!

Ok ok let me learn how to upload pics here first and decide on a title! :P