Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

No way! Such copycats - dunno who copy who lol

Any good leads for a turquoise rug??

here are the ones i have shortlisted...but i am not purchasing anything till i move in...

rug2_zps301da1d7.jpg

rug1_zpsfc306137.jpg

rug3_zpsd3787fa5.jpg

rug4_zpsd5e91b46.jpg

rug5_zps8e3f6863.jpg

My first choice is the second one...but you might like the first one.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Haha you are so efficient!

I think I won't have any patterns on it.

Just a nice colour and texture will suffice.

oh! heaps online...shop shop! LOL

I'm leaning towards turquoise too. But the colour is hard to mix...been playing with the paints but can't get the right shade. Vintage turquoise is very hard to get !!!

Haha turquoise is the new black!

I wanted some splash of turquoise in the flat initially by asking the painter to paint a rattan chair or the IKEA step ladder into turquoise, didnt execute due to time constraint (mad rusn trying to complete reno b4 cny)

Have you tried Porter's paints? Their selection is amazing.

Expensive right? Sekali the paint costs more than my cupboard :)

I started painting a moppe chest of drawers some time back but only managed to finish it today due to work commitments. Another reason for the delay was because I actually painted it twice. I wasn't happy with the colour the first time round and decided to repaint.

Here's how it looked previously...

10098791926_ef4a692bc0.jpg

photo.JPG by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

here's the look now....

10098781953_ec49fb5734.jpg

10098699034_8a550d0baa.jpg

10098746615_1dc99ab3ae.jpg

Here's how it looks with the drawer pulls.. But I think they are too small... Will need to find bigger ones.

10098712574_d89579522b.jpg

Today has got to be the most horrible day after I shifted into my new pad. The day started with a freak accident in the morning when I was cooking lunch. I forgot I threw the knife and other cutlery into the basin and when I was washing up, I put my hand into the soapy water and grabbed the blade of the knife... :(.. And then everything went downhill from there. Work was crazy and people I communicated with today were rather weird too. They must be having Monday blues!

So after a long horrible day, I just had to vent all that pent up frustration by sanding down some wood!

I took a piece of pinewood left behind by ID ....

10140925924_a7c7cd4776.jpg

photo.JPG by

BachelorettePad, on Flickr

and turned it into this....

10141186486_da3e2f0942.jpg

photo.JPG by

10141226493_d36fd1dbc5.jpg

photo.JPG by

it's a mini bench for my plants in the balcony. The base is a small shelve which I bought on impulse but had no use for. This Is done in about 1.5 hours tonight, a personal record for me and a very good workout.

But now my right hand is aching bcos of all that aggressive sanding..and my left hand is non-functioning bcos of the freak accident this morning.

OUCH!!!...

Good night..

Edited by June

Wow! Hope you are feeling better now and your hand is ok. All that frustration has birthed a beautiful bench for your plants though - great DIY job! Don't despair and smile, it is gonna be better today :)

I enjoy seeing your DIY transformation pics! How I wish I can do that myself - - sigh, I cant even fix up an Ikea chair properly ;-< Do continue to post so that I can get inspiration for mine ;-p Something easy and dun need too much manual work would be great ;->

Wow! Hope you are feeling better now and your hand is ok. All that frustration has birthed a beautiful bench for your plants though - great DIY job! Don't despair and smile, it is gonna be better today :)

Thanks miss sunshine! No cooking, no housework, no painting today... I'm bringing my fingers for some retail therapy today... :)

I enjoy seeing your DIY transformation pics! How I wish I can do that myself - - sigh, I cant even fix up an Ikea chair properly ;-< Do continue to post so that I can get inspiration for mine ;-p Something easy and dun need too much manual work would be great ;->

Hi beginners, I can't fix ikea stuff too.. My screws are always not tight and I always have to ask for help. The DIY stuff so far involves a lot of painting bcos I can't find readymade stuff with both the designs and colour I like. I'm not sure how long more I will continue to post in my tblog...sometimes I'm bored with my own posts and I really don't want people to feel bored too. Will probably do a before and after post when the furnishings for the rooms is done and then say bye bye to RT. :)

Hi beginners, I can't fix ikea stuff too.. My screws are always not tight and I always have to ask for help. The DIY stuff so far involves a lot of painting bcos I can't find readymade stuff with both the designs and colour I like. I'm not sure how long more I will continue to post in my tblog...sometimes I'm bored with my own posts and I really don't want people to feel bored too. Will probably do a before and after post when the furnishings for the rooms is done and then say bye bye to RT. :)

I hope you will not stop blogging here as i really love how you renovate and furnish your place. Really enjoy your posts on DIY and i think it puts alot of guys to shame ( me included definitely , i suck in technical classes ) . Anyways i think that the home furnishing process is lifelong! so just enjoy and im sure others (like me) enjoy reading your blog