Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

Haha...! I dont have many bags now bcos I spring clean while packing for the big move and also 'forgot' some stuff in my parents' place. I made shelvings for my bags and bedsheets.

Here's a pix. The top shelve is empty bcos I'm too lazy to stand on a chair to reach it.

10220910454_c8c4aabc7f.jpg

photo.JPG by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

I like the way you store your bags as I intend to do the same too! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi June,

i'd been following your thread, and love everything you have done...

would you mind pm me the contacts and address for the furniture maker for your table top and the place u bought your table legs?

thank you!

I stumbled upon this cool website which has 59 types of brick walls in homes. . Brick walls do not need to be white and they can be in any part of the house, not just in living room.

If you are considering brick walls for your place, do consider some of these designs and colors. Be adventurous!.... BE DIFFERENT!! :)

http://www.digsdigs.com/59-cool-interiors-with-exposed-brick-walls/

One of my secret purchases (ie. Purchases behind ID's back) was a scroll of paper with vintage prints that I absolutely must have even though I wasn't sure if I would use it at the time of purchase. But when I finally 'declared' my purchase to my ID, his reaction was "Can use. Must Use!".

So here's my secret purchase that will find a spot in my home...

photo_zpsb0ca3572.jpg

photo_zps5b6f1318.jpg

photo_zpsdd1dc7ee.jpg

other pieces of loot

photo_zpse07f761a.jpg

photo_zps3d909791.jpg

it's strange how the decor of my place has evolved so much over the last few months. I started off wanting something that is Scandinavian - lots of white and light colour wood. Then the choice of my wood tiles and influences by my ID changed that into scandinavian with industrial elements and in the past few weeks, it's taken on a bit of French flavor bcos I love furnishings and decorations that are french looking. And just a few days ago, the lights were installed and my first impression was 'erm... How come it has a boutique feel?". I didn't tell my ID this but when he saw the lights at night, he had exactly the same feeling! It will be interesting to see what the overall decor looks like when I finally decorate the place. :)

Hi can pm me where you got this ??

thanks in advance ...

Nice website that you have recommended! One common thing all these rooms have is a high ceiling. Having that gives the lofty feel, just wish that we can have that here!

Nice website that you have recommended! One common thing all these rooms have is a high ceiling. Having that gives the lofty feel, just wish that we can have that here!

Some top floor 3 room flats in the west have very high ceilings. :)

Today has got to be the most horrible day after I shifted into my new pad. The day started with a freak accident in the morning when I was cooking lunch. I forgot I threw the knife and other cutlery into the basin and when I was washing up, I put my hand into the soapy water and grabbed the blade of the knife... :(.. And then everything went downhill from there. Work was crazy and people I communicated with today were rather weird too. They must be having Monday blues!

So after a long horrible day, I just had to vent all that pent up frustration by sanding down some wood!

I took a piece of pinewood left behind by ID ....

10140925924_a7c7cd4776.jpg

photo.JPG by

BachelorettePad, on Flickr

and turned it into this....

10141186486_da3e2f0942.jpg

photo.JPG by

10141226493_d36fd1dbc5.jpg

photo.JPG by

it's a mini bench for my plants in the balcony. The base is a small shelve which I bought on impulse but had no use for. This Is done in about 1.5 hours tonight, a personal record for me and a very good workout.

But now my right hand is aching bcos of all that aggressive sanding..and my left hand is non-functioning bcos of the freak accident this morning.

OUCH!!!...

Good night..

So nicely done up. :-)

(con't)...

A kitchen storage cum table, also form ikea new range..this one is tough to assemble..But I bought it as it matches the colour scheme in my kitchen

9973734624_9df9b04978.jpg

The top is extendable to a length of 1.6m, which is good for using as a buffet table in my dining room during parties.

9973865023_8dfcbac1e2.jpg

I had my eyes set on this piece too when I saw it @ Ikea....Hubby was like "chill, dun rush..." cos I don't even had my design yet..keke....

Hi flowerfans.. The ikea table is useful but it's hard to move around bcos there are no wheels.. I can only move it one inch at a time :(

Hi everyone, after a series of small DIY projects that turned out quite well, I decided to do smth bigger and more ambitious. but it turned out to be a big mistake. My latest DIY project almost drove me crazy because it was soooo tedious and soooo boring. I literally pulled out my hair while doing it and I almost wanted to strangle myself with the measuring tape :(

Well, remember those plywood pieces I bought recently? I decided to make a wall feature above my sofa. First, I had to stain the plywood, which was actually the easy part. The first obstacle was having to saw some pieces into half. I bought a saw from Daiso as I didn't want to pay for a proper saw because this would probably be the first and last time Im sawing wood.

10288315515_1cdf09f3cd.jpg

It doesn't take a genius to know that a $2 saw wouldn't work as well as a real, professional saw. It was truly a toy saw! You know how sawing works right? Basically you push the saw forward, then pull it back and push it forward again. But for this toy saw, I can only pull it backwards but I cant push it forward!! This means that I can't do the normal sawing motion but can only keep 'slicing' the wood backwards! What a joke!!

It was truly a test of my patience. So many times I was on the verge of giving up bcos the task was taking a doubly long time. But given that I had already bought the materials, I had no choice but to press on. Finally after a few nights of 'work outs', I managed to finish sawing the wood.

Amazingly, the pieces were quite neat, even though I was half 'slicing' and

half breaking the wood (and pls ignore my rainbow shoes)

10288208264_07eaa3b7c2.jpg

If sawing was tough, the next step was the hair-tearing part that made me want to swear off all DIY projects. It involved marking out the position of each piece of plywood and mounting them on the wall with adhesive tape. It was SUPER TEDIOUS and SUPER MONOTONOUS! And I realized for the first time in my life that Im lousy in measurement! it was super boring that I had to go watch tv or surf the internet after measuring each piece.

10267872184_42bdcac279.jpg

Finally in line....

10291460434_90c4a11c3a.jpg

It took me several days to get this task done because i kept having to re-do as the plywood pieces were not straight.

Now I have a phobia of the measuring tape. :(

(to be continued...)

Edited by June

Well, remember those plywood pieces I bought recently? I decided to make a wall feature above my sofa. First, I had to stain the plywood, which was actually the easy part. The first obstacle was having to saw some pieces into half. I bought a saw from Daiso as I didn't want to pay for a proper saw because this would probably be the first and last time Im sawing wood.

It doesn't take a genius to know that a $2 saw wouldn't work as well as a real, professional saw. It was truly a toy saw! You know how sawing works right? Basically you push the saw forward, then pull it back and push it forward again. But for this toy saw, I can only pull it backwards but I cant push it forward!! This means that I can't do the normal sawing motion but can only keep 'slicing' the wood backwards! What a joke!!

(to be continued...)

Hahahaha.... this is my favourite part. :dancingqueen:

I stumbled upon this cool website which has 59 types of brick walls in homes. . Brick walls do not need to be white and they can be in any part of the house, not just in living room.

If you are considering brick walls for your place, do consider some of these designs and colors. Be adventurous!.... BE DIFFERENT!! :)

http://www.digsdigs.com/59-cool-interiors-with-exposed-brick-walls/

Hi June, I like the design of your place. Very Nice!!

This web is a great inspiration, as I also have a small corner of brick wall in my home office.

Right now still haven't decide how to decorate it, but your blog give me a lot of idea.

I want to do some DIY too ... :)