Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

and i thought LED lights are supposed to last 5 years or longer? omg..keep fingers & toes crossed for mine

That's what I thought too! So Im really unlucky..I guess..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yea, for mine, it was the electrician didn't clip it on tight...that is why one was faulty. The other was truly a fault. But it was good to learn, so that we now know to check that before going all the way down to Jln Besar to get them "changed"

There are so many things to learn as a homeowner and I'm really pulling out my hair! For me, the Reno was a breeze but the nightmare started after moving in. Living alone means I got to fix all the problems myself and given that my flat is a 29 yr old resale, I have been warned that problems will crop up one after another. Recently, I dreamt that the nails and screws in my flat started falling out one by one! That's really a nightmare!

If u hv any update i will read de.. Lol.. Juz that ur previous case of water leaking i m not too sure myself so nv advise..

Finally graduating soon.. Moving barang next wed but official 10th Dec!

Good to know that! Bet you will be very busy getting your place ready for Xmas and cny! Have fun!

The seepage was another major headache. After getting gain city to do some patching and doing some sealing on my own based on my research, suggestions from frens and colleagues and my close scrutiny of the rain falling on my windows (I know this sounds crazy !), the problem is about 50% solved. I suspect the other 50% can only be rectified by changing my windows. But it's too expensive a solution

Good to know that! Bet you will be very busy getting your place ready for Xmas and cny! Have fun!

The seepage was another major headache. After getting gain city to do some patching and doing some sealing on my own based on my research, suggestions from frens and colleagues and my close scrutiny of the rain falling on my windows (I know this sounds crazy !), the problem is about 50% solved. I suspect the other 50% can only be rectified by changing my windows. But it's too expensive a solution

Want my window guy contact...honestly he was the cheapest one i found (35% less than my contractor quote!)...and the quality was good.

Want my window guy contact...honestly he was the cheapest one i found (35% less than my contractor quote!)...and the quality was good.

Thanks but Im quite determined not to do it, unless the problem gets worse and the wall starts to rot...! hahaha... the windows are so new bcos the sellers installed them 5 years ago but they live in the flat for only one year. its such a waste to tear them down..and i also dont want to spend my money on this.

I loveeee all the details in ur house!!! And thanks for sharing ur ID contact the other day! :D

Thanks! Hope you find a suitable ID soon..

I went down to the lighting shop today, hoping to bang table and get a replacement casing but as expected, my plan didnt work out. They were polite and helpful. but not helpful enough to give me a replacement. The guy in charge used a screw driver to poke the inside of the casing. The bulb didn't lit the first few times he tried but eventually it did. The guy told me its very strange and he couldnt explain why. I told him i cant be fiddling with it at home bcos i didnt know how to and I asked him for a replacement but he said he couldnt since its not spoilt. He told me tracklights are like that...:( .. Anyway, he was sympathetic enough to offer to come over to my place if I cant get it lit up....

Sigh!!..... This will be the first and last time im having track lights in my house....

nice to look at but temperamental

10921573654_991629c686.jpg

Preparations for Xmas starts now! ...What a year it has been! With just about one month to go before Xmas and new job responsibilities, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go as planned. Invitation is out, schedules booked and good friends overseas are flying back. So I must really pull off this one - all on my own! Wish me luck!

11024748084_fb1f94220a.jpg

photo.png by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

Hey... what a lovely plc, mind sharing your ID contact and cost of reno?

Merry Xmas in advance... :-)

wow... you dug out my blog from the bottom ! its full of cobweb now... :) pm-ed u

Hi June!

Your home looks lovely and there's so many interesting elements and ideas!

Could you pm me your id's contact please?

Thank you!! :D

hi, pm-ed u!

I thought my blog is slowly fading into renotalk history since there hasn't been any updates from me for close to a month. But got a shock when I received two requests for my ID's contact and my blog is near the top of the list again. So now I feel obliged to give an update on the home front. So what's been happening ? NOTHING ! Absolutely nothing ! In my update last month, i said preparation for Xmas had started but soon after, it stopped. Because I was totally consumed by worK! And Xmas is just round the corner! I haven't even planned the Xmas menu yet for my party... Major panic!.... But it's okay... I'm sure I will survive :)...

Amidst all the projects at work this past month, it's amazing how I managed to squeeze in a simple paint job on an afternoon. All thanks to my friend who cancelled our appointment at the last minute. With the afternoon free, I dropped by a second hand store and bought a valet stand.

11403695745_4a93c973cc.jpg

photo.JPG by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

Given that my flooring is wood tiles, I decided to spray paint the stand white. and this is the result

11403791433_a2bc5d7cbe.jpg

photo.JPG by

BachelorettePad, on Flickr

I think its now a ' rubbish stand'...for me to hang all my stuff..anything that I'm too lazy to put inside e wardrobe...

It's useful for hanging jackets and sweaters too

11403693424_777038f8d9.jpg

And sometimes, wet towels..

11403671695_1c71b30bd6.jpg

I have also started growing more plants...including herbs... But it feels weird eating the herbs that I grow...Haha!

11125779336_79b72566e1.jpg

Okay...enough of mundane updates...I really should be planning for Xmas.... merry Xmas everyone !