Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

Hi June,

I think the 'awesomely chic couple' house belongs to us..haha.. :good:

Haven gt time to start a T-Blog.. .. Will do it soon as the reno wraps up..!

Thanks

Jon

hello! hahaha....so you are the one! Cant wait to see your place, especially the tap! Will be fun decorating with vintage industrial stuff. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi June

I love your house as much as I do Vanessa's house. I am about to embark on my reno journey and till now, we have not decided on the theme.

Can you pm me your ID contact as well as the furniture maker's contact, please? I want to customise my dining table too. I love everything wood. Did you customise the dining chairs too?

Thanks

Hi June

I love your house as much as I do Vanessa's house. I am about to embark on my reno journey and till now, we have not decided on the theme.

Can you pm me your ID contact as well as the furniture maker's contact, please? I want to customise my dining table too. I love everything wood. Did you customise the dining chairs too?

Thanks

thanks Lucy! If you are not in a hurry to move in, then I think it's good to take time to carefully consider what you really like. There are so many nice designs out there but only one chance to get it right due to budget. I will pm you the contacts. I didn't customize the chairs bcos I'm not willing to spend much on chairs. I also don't want my chairs to be solid wood. Still searching for suitable chairs... I can't define what is suitable but I will know when I see it... :)

Hi June, can pm me the contacts of your contractor and the wood supplier cum furniture maker?

Thanks!

Hi, pm-ed.

here are the ones i have shortlisted...but i am not purchasing anything till i move in...

rug2_zps301da1d7.jpg

rug1_zpsfc306137.jpg

rug3_zpsd3787fa5.jpg

rug4_zpsd5e91b46.jpg

rug5_zps8e3f6863.jpg

My first choice is the second one...but you might like the first one.

where u getting the rug?? i like the 2nd and last one!! how much? hehehe

Hello!

Its been a long time since I updated this blog and I almost couldn't find it. Thought it expired!

It's been a lull period in the furnishing of my place bcos the stuff I shortlisted all have a waiting time of at least three weeks. So it's a quiet October for me but the next round of furnishing will come in nov...just in time for my targeted housewarming and Xmas party in dec.

Here's a summary of what's been happening

1. Bamboo blinds - a lot of time was spent looking for indoor bamboo blinds. Not the outdoor type (eg. Black and white blinds ) but indoor type. Outdoor blinds are painted with normal paint (eg.Nippon paint) and the bamboo sticks are sewn wide apart. They look ok when placed outdoor and look at from a distance but when you look at them closed up, the workmanship is too rough for indoor use. Indoor bamboo blinds are more refined looking and the bamboo sticks are closely sewn together and some are varnished in dark stain, not painted over with normal black paint. They also come in the form of roman blinds, not just rolled up. So workmanship is much better but price is higher. Unfortunately indoor bamboo blinds are not popular in spore and i had a hard time tracking down a vendor. Finally found one with the colour I wanted but the waiting time is one month! The blinds is held up in Hong Kong where it's being customized. I think the shop has rather bad service and I'm glad I only ordered one set of black blinds for my kitchen, which gets the full blast from the sun every morning.

2. Dining chairs - finally ordered my industrial chairs from comfort. I decided that it's impossible to find chairs that are a perfect match for my grand dame dining table with those vintage, 'chicken feet' legs. So when I saw those chairs that were on sale at comfort furniture, I placed an order immediately. Out of curiosity, i did a check on TB and found that similar looking chairs from TB sellers with good ratings cost just slightly less after including shipping costs. For peace of mind, I order from comfort furniture. The waiting time is two weeks.!

I have also been sourcing, and still searching, for decorative stuff from all over the place - from ikea, online retailers, brick and motar stores, and even neighborhood shops!

On top of that, there is the housework - alternate day magic cleaning/vacuuming, once a week mopping, twice a week laundry and ironing and almost daily cooking. Contrary to popular belief that I don't cook bcos I have an open kitchen and I have pictures near my stove, I do cook and i cook almost every meal. After cooking, there is a lot to wash up and dish washing is something I really dislike. So really no time to blog.. :(

Sorry for the long post! Here are some pix of my new quilt cover.
10601678365_974ec68a47.jpg
photo.png by BachelorettePad, on Flickr
10601861023_6391478c22.jpg
10601961646_ec00a9ba15.jpg
10601879164_f0fdd094df.jpg
]10602392783_f2b0970b38.jpg

As you can see, the current decor in the bedroom is a bit vintage and a tiny bit industrial (the bicycle lamp and white metal bedside table). The look changes depending on what quilt cover I use. And i love how my wood tiles look in this last pix...! :)

Edited by June

The living room is turning out to be vintage industrial.... can't wait to put all the furnishings on the pipe shelves and finish the DIY wall feature i'm struggling with. And not forgetting the study room ...

10602043096_271a65fb35.jpg

Slowly but surely...i'm moving closer to housewarming in dec... :)

Edited by June

This lamp gets the nod of approval from my boss...who is now looking at what's on my computer screen...

10608931023_f140d586d8.jpg
photo.JPG by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

He is the BEST BOSS in this world and I wouldn't wish for another boss. ! I promise to work very hard in office, as hard as im furnishing my place. ..hahaha!