Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

im on 'strike' today at work (*evil grin*).. my little reward to myself for having worked so hard for the past month. Just discovered several pix in my iphone of some new additions in the house..

11429245224_6b001f0ef5.jpg
I bet even J.K Rowling doesn't have this antique looking version of her own book...: )
11429270346_786aeb763d.jpg
An old manuscript looking even older after i stained it...
11429371513_c765eb9532.jpg
11429405176_4fa7d3ba67.jpg
Statue of Liberty given an old look by me....
11429401866_231ea0e9bb.jpg
Gosh..looks like everything gets "distressed" by me... I hope my place won't look like some museum when the furnishing is done..
Edited by June

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Finally got rid of the seller's dining set today. it was one of two things from the sellers that I kept (the other was the huge white fridge). The rest of their furniture were donated to Good Samaritans before my Reno started. The dining table was useful when I hosted dinner in my new place in january this year before my Reno and it held all my barang barang during the Reno (eg. Sample tiles, laminate catalogue, tools, newspapers etc). I actually wanted to keep it in my study room but it was taking up too much space and so I decided to dispose of it.

It's so huge that it had to be dismantled or else it cant pass through the door (what u see here is the underside of the table top)

11446980815_87882b467e.jpg

photo.JPG by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

11447033024_0ecf8a694b.jpg

I'm a little sad to see it go but happy that my study room is spacious again!

The town council guys were very punctual and they helped dispose the table and chairs FOC. I have nothing but praise for my town council. I called them on three occasions about different issues and each time they sent someone to my place very quickly. The fastest response was on the same day- just hours after I called them.

Anyway, here are two before and after shots of my dining chairs. These were taken long time ago but I was too busy to post. Now that I'm on Xmas leave, I will be posting more before and after shots, before signing off from this forum forever. :)

11447017624_88ef175ae9.jpg

11447014784_c30db3afd4.jpg

I stained the seat to a darker colour to match my dining table.

Dropped by a vintage shop this afternoon. It was a small little shop opened by a nice couple and they sell real vintage stuff, not replicas. I was having a hard time deciding between a camera and a radio till I spotted some interesting vintage car paraphernalia. It's strange that I noticed them since I know nothing about cars and I don't even drive. But I guess it's fate. So here they are

11492749064_f23e43b40a.jpg

photo.png by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

A Buick Eight 1930s steering wheel , a 1950s oil pressure and temperature gauge, and a license plate with a tear at the bottom because it was ripped off from the car (no idea how old it is).

They are so full of character that I wonder what's the story behind each of them.

11493009066_8869b29396.jpg

11492978796_7dccbac6f7.jpg

11493036233_9340795d4b.jpg

Have asked the shop to source for a vintage radio or jukebox for me. Hope they find it soon !

Hey June, if I recalled correctly you used caesarstone for your kitchen top right? Can share with me how much it costed you per ft? Thanks! !

Hello, I initially wanted caesarstone but decided at the last minute to just use normal solid surface. Although I cook often, it's mostly light cooking with little oil. So no point spending so much on caesarstone

Wow the car petrol (or diesel) & temperature gauge is really cool! Haven't seen this before!

I actually thought it was a clock! :)

If you cant find the vintage radio, you can consider this as well.

o3ju.jpg

Thanks! I think I saw this on amazon, right?

It's the eve of Xmas eve and guess what? My place looks like it's undergoing renovations again!!

11508041835_09fb29727f.jpg

I blame it on my job for this really last minute, last of 2013 home improvement project :( but at the same time, I think it's really hilarious !! Im supposed to be hosting Xmas tea at my new place and EVERYTHING is not ready! My friends asked if I'm sure I really want a Xmas gathering on wednesday. Hahaha! Of course the party goes on..because I intend to do my whirlwind superman non-stop routine from now till Xmas morning. And on Boxing Day, stay in bed whole day with aching bones and muscles

, headache and sore throat :)

Merry Xmas everyone! Hope you have a good holiday in your cosy homes :)

Edited by June