Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
June

Bachelorette Pad

Finally the most hectic part of Dec is over for me and with 2013 coming to a close, I better do a proper before-and-after record of my renovation before I get lazy and disappear from Renotalk.

To recap, here is my floor plan - a 5(I) model in a central location. It originally had 3+1 rooms but the first owner hacked down the study room. The result is a big living room and a big dining room.

11619296285_9f1ecf5ef3.jpg

photo.JPG by BachelorettePad, on Flickr

Let's start with the MBR bathroom, which I hardly wrote about in this blog. I recall when I first viewed the flat, I was very taken in by the soft cosy cream colour throughout the place. But the MBR bathroom was a major letdown. The sellers chose brown tiles which I really disliked and I couldn't bring myself to go into the bathroom. i only stepped inside one month after collecting the keys because I had to discuss with my ID what to do with it. Here are the pre-reno shots:

11619275025_ca3b82c872.jpg

11619244325_fdf1009485.jpg

11619247355_55f163ffde.jpg

The cabinet was too big for the bathroom but the sellers wanted to hide an ugly water pipe below, which posed quite a big headache to ID and I.

11619631364_325e4cfcd3.jpg

Just look at the tiles... Sigh.....

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

After-Reno (MBR bathroom)

11619181895_4bd7fd7c0a.jpg

As you can see, there is a water pipe that juts out from the floor. ID told me he had never seen such a pipe before! We spent a long time thinking about how to hide it. Several options were explored, ranging from doing smth like a tiny false wall around it, covering it with carpentry, to a more bizarre idea from me - put a piece of wood on top of the pipe to turn it into a tiny table ! In the end, I decided not to hide the pipe and just live with it. Now I hardly even notice it. And I'm so glad I didn't want a vanity cabinet. Now the tiny bathroom is so much more spacious.

11619156485_3058b521f9.jpg

11619152115_dd955e13d6.jpg

11619381613_ee29c20f53.jpg

11619108945_9e08c73274.jpg

Basically, the decor in the bathroom is feminine, cosy, clean and simple. I tried very hard to keep the amount of stainless steel/metal to a minimum. That's why my toiletries rack is plastic and my towel hanger is wood with a bit of metal. The use of white and cream gives it a very cosy feel, especially on a dark rainy day.

After-Reno (MBR bathroom)

11619330343_3871b4f456.jpg

11619766216_02160f50ef.jpg

This is my bathroom light, which is actually a dining light! There is a small story behind it. I first saw t

his light in the picture below. I fell in love with it and wanted to recreate the look in my dining room.

11620031246_f6b59e3d2d.jpg

photo.JPG by

BachelorettePad, on Flickr

I had no idea where to buy the light and spent about a month googling randomly. Finally I came across a US website that had this light. So I bought it and got it shipped to spore. but the real thing was a little letdown because it looked a bit cheap. ID didn't like it and I suspect he secretly hoped I would banish the light to Siberia :) In the end, I decided to install it in my bathroom, rather than give it away. I quite like it now as I think it makes my bathroom looks a bit more special.

Edited by June

Hi June,

Please help provide the contacts for the carpenter that did your dining table.

Thank you.

You can call Kenneth at 93670517

You are lucky to get the real vintage phone for free... This goes from $160 onwards at some vintage shops here!

really?! I'm going to raid her house! ..hahaha! Its a pity i dont have a phone line at home..so cant use it.