Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bigbull

Blessed Nest @ Punggol

Ya, I did visited their tblog, gorgeous home indeed. just that my floor tile is beige/creamy color rather than white..so i'm still trying to makeup my mind.

by the way, I've meet up with K recently and still waiting for his quotation for our reno, usually how long he takes to reply you with quote?

Hi Gohlex,

About a week. If he is not so pack, probably a few days.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi 3ser,

what brand of your veneer flooring? and how long it has been installed?

TIA :yamseng:

thanks bigbull :yamseng:

Hi Bigbull,

Sorry to say I dont have the brand too. It was installed a few weeks ago within a day, all arranged by my dad. I did my living, dining, corridor and kitchen. For kitchen I did it in black.

Hi Justinyeo,

K is quite a friendly guy although he doesn't look one. :sport-smiley-004: haha. Feel free to ask him for his opinion.

For my WIW in MBR, I have approximately 70cm or slightly more between the cabinets. And yes, you are right about the tight spacing beside the Queen size bed if you choose to put it in the center of the remaining space. Thus, my wife and I decided to shift the bed all the way to the WIW and have a small bedside table between the bed and the window.

For the common toilet area, its everything you mentioned. :thumbs up:

My renovation is slowing down because of my last minute insertion of the overlaying of tiles in the Common toilet. Hopefully, the shower screens can be up by next week. I will post a picture of it when its up so you can see. Remind him when you see him ya. :P

Best wishes in your reno. :yamseng:

Bigbull

Lol, yea I met him a couple of times already, we are at the signing stage already but kind of delayed by his travelling and my travelling schedule.

Woo, 70cm sounds like plenty of space. What do u plan for the laminates on the back of the WIW facing the window? I was originally intended for walnut but somehow fearing its going to darken the MBR drastically.

Haa, the wait is well worth looking at how cool both your toilets going to look like, the subway tiles looking cool. I'm going for the same overlay in my kitchen but with white grouting thou.

Anyway all the best for your renovation and keep the picts flowing, great source of inspiration btw =) :yamseng:

Hi Gohlex,

About a week. If he is not so pack, probably a few days.

thanks for the reply. a week is acceptable just hope that he is not too busy till forget.lol :P

Edited by gohlex

Lol, yea I met him a couple of times already, we are at the signing stage already but kind of delayed by his travelling and my travelling schedule.

Woo, 70cm sounds like plenty of space. What do u plan for the laminates on the back of the WIW facing the window? I was originally intended for walnut but somehow fearing its going to darken the MBR drastically.

Haa, the wait is well worth looking at how cool both your toilets going to look like, the subway tiles looking cool. I'm going for the same overlay in my kitchen but with white grouting thou.

Anyway all the best for your renovation and keep the picts flowing, great source of inspiration btw =) :yamseng:

Hi Justinyeo,

We are going for mystic grey so as to give a contrast against our parquet floor. I think walnut will make the room look really dark too.

Thanks. I hope all will go well and fast fast too. :P Now the first coat of paint is done and the debris removed. Hopefully can see more after this long weekend.

All the best in your renovation too! :yamseng:

I like Scandi look! Subscribed to your t-blog already :) Is K the same person who did Pinkwhale and Paloma's homes?

How much does your veneer cost? So can lay over any type of existing tile? Thanks!

I like Scandi look! Subscribed to your t-blog already :) Is K the same person who did Pinkwhale and Paloma's homes?

How much does your veneer cost? So can lay over any type of existing tile? Thanks!

Hi Bleucheeze,

That's a yummy nick! :yamseng: Yes, K renovated Pinkwhale and Paloma's homes.

Veneer flooring for my Living room, Walkway and Kitchen is $2.8k. You can use it to overlay on any existing tiles but do take note that the thickness matters. If you use the thin ones, you might get the overlayed tiles outline on your veneer over time.

Hope it helps! :D

Bigbull

Day 26 (29 Oct 12)

I left work early and decided to go and take a look at the house. And bumped into K while he was going for his rounds !!

The house is now cleaned up and a worker came to install the windows for the service yard and the grills for the whole house.

The Living Room

IMG_5934_zpse1d57bdc.jpg

The Service Yard

IMG_5936_zps59ffba04.jpg

The rest of the rooms are quite standard so I didn't bothered to take any pictures. My wife and I hate window grills but for the safety of our children, we decided to install it. :dunno:

Just thought I post a picture of my kids doing the Spider Monkey in Ben10...

IMG_5772_zps57776ed4.jpg

K left the paint of our choice too. Dulex All Sail White...

IMG_5937_zps2054fe96.jpg

There seems to be quite some works this week so hopefully I find some time to take some pics. :seeya:

Hi Bleucheeze,

That's a yummy nick! :yamseng: Yes, K renovated Pinkwhale and Paloma's homes.

Veneer flooring for my Living room, Walkway and Kitchen is $2.8k. You can use it to overlay on any existing tiles but do take note that the thickness matters. If you use the thin ones, you might get the overlayed tiles outline on your veneer over time.

Hope it helps! :D

Bigbull

Thanks for the tips! Cos my future apartment is marble floor which totally doesn't match the style I want... Do you know what exactly is veneer floor? Is it those engineered wood flooring? Btw, your boys are cute :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks for the tips! Cos my future apartment is marble floor which totally doesn't match the style I want... Do you know what exactly is veneer floor? Is it those engineered wood flooring? Btw, your boys are cute :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Bleucheeze,

Thank you for your kind words. :D Veneer floor is a engineered wood flooring. Here's the description from wiki:

"Veneer floors use a thin layer of wood with over a core that is commonly a composite wood product".

Bigbull

Hi Bleucheeze,

Thank you for your kind words. :D Veneer floor is a engineered wood flooring. Here's the description from wiki:

"Veneer floors use a thin layer of wood with over a core that is commonly a composite wood product".

Bigbull

cuteee boys!!

how thick is your veneer?

the cement screeding need to be thicker if using veneer? :unsure:

cuteee boys!!

how thick is your veneer?

the cement screeding need to be thicker if using veneer? :unsure:

Hi Redmoonlight,

My veneer is approximately 7mm thick. The stuffs are coming tomorrow and overlaying on Friday. I will go and measure it again and PM you the thickness okay.

It just need a even ground to do it but do check with the supplier if they have any special requirement for the skirting. That is if you have any brickwall etc... I understand from my contractor that some company are very particular about it so do check.

Bigbull