Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just want to share.I'm getting my 5rm(BTO) keys estimated somewhere in June or July this year. Thus went to some ID for a complete reno quotations.Went to 5 ID and almost all of them quote 55K and above except for 2 IDs. After much consideration. Me and wife decide to take the ID that quote us 47K. Below are the list of works.

1)Flooring for Living hall,dining Hall and household shelter incl of skirting

2)False ceiling for Living Hall, dining area,3 rooms, foyer entrance and passageway

3)Laminate flooring for 3 rooms

4)wardrobe for all 3 rooms

5)TV console and wall feature 11ft for Living Hall

6)TV console and wall feature 9.5ft for MBR

7)Full height shoe cabinet

8)L shape 16ft low height wall + L-shape 16ft tinted glass + custom made tampered glass door (study room)

9)7ft full height book cabinet(study room)

10)7ft suspended study table(study room)

11)46ft kitchen cabinet + 27ft granite top

12)Vanity for both bathroom

13)tempered glass shower screen for both bathroom

14) painting of whole house

15)invisble grill for hall and normal grill for bedrooms

16)Hacking of Kitchen wall entrance and service yard

17)and some other misc work

honestly am not sure if the price quoted are decent enough. But for a newbie like me(been browsing around in this forum to source some decent IDs). A quotation of more than 58K went down to below 50k is decent enough for me and wife. Just my 2 cents. :unsure:

Edited by berzerky

If hidden cost pops up it nay end costing u more. Typically the quotes should be average prices to make sense. Careful if too cheap or too ex or inferior material

Just want to share.I'm getting my 5rm(BTO) keys estimated somewhere in June or July this year. Thus went to some ID for a complete reno quotations.Went to 5 ID and almost all of them quote 55K and above except for 2 IDs. After much consideration. Me and wife decide to take the ID that quote us 47K. Below are the list of works.

2)False ceiling for Living Hall, dining area,3 rooms, foyer entrance and passageway

8)L shape 16ft low height wall + L-shape 16ft tinted glass + custom made tampered glass door (study room)

honestly am not sure if the price quoted are decent enough. But for a newbie like me(been browsing around in this forum to source some decent IDs). A quotation of more than 58K went down to below 50k is decent enough for me and wife. Just my 2 cents. :unsure:

Hi, if u dont mind, can send me ur quotation? nauzijah@yahoo.com.sg.

Thanks. :yamseng:

Hi, can pm you're ID. Thanks. I'm doing preparation for my new flat renovation.

Dear all,

I will be getting my keys somewhere in June 2013. Already looking around for suitable id / contractor. Just wondering if 40k budget is enough for a full reno for a resale 5 room with area of 110sqm. Thanks.

hi, normally we bring floor plan down to show the ID what u want to do. at least 5 ID , then u short list. for my ID is good and i am lucky to say so. some at first is very good , end up with problem. may be u can get a quote from him. let me if u want. June is still early for you to finalize any time.

happy renovation.

jovin

Can you list which ID you go to? Not sure what items you required for your renovation. For comparison my friend just got a quote from 1 stop contractor with own workers and factory for 5 room improved corner unit HDB for $38K +

Works include -

1) whole house hacking - floor walls tiles

2) homo tiles $3 PSF for living, dining, 3 bedrooms, kitchen, 2 toilets, balcony floor

3) ceramic tiles for toilets walls and kitchen walls $3

4) 2 shower screens swing doors

5) glass door for kitchen entrance

6) electrical works

7) plumbing works

8) 37 ft kitchen and solid surface top

9) vanity mirror top and bottom cabinets for two toilets with solid surface tops.

10) 9 ft sliding wardrobe

11) painting whole house

12) cleaning and floor protection

13) FOC hood, hob, kitchen sink and tap, 2 basins, 2 basin taps, 2 WC, storage heater.

14) HDB permit and 3 D drawings

Hi Tanslee, can you PM me the ID company too?

Thank you!

You may wanna try the interior designer i previously engaged. Call Thomas @ 9819****. I gt my 4 rm flat renovated end of 2012. Like what all others will do, I approached quite a few id firms and Thomas gave me a most reasonable quote. Most importantly the service that he provided me is really thumbs up!!! I have also recomended to my aunt and she shares the same opinion.

Contractor price maybe can, but ID price cannot one la.... 5 rooms easily can reach 60k *Ouch!*.

You guys might want to contact my id, she quoted 45k for my 5room flat..considered reasonable..i can pm you her number if you guys want. Alternatively can email her at mitch_dear@hotmail.com

BTW my id michelle is super patient wih me and totally not pushy at all which is what i like unlike other id i have came across. Choosing of tiles i took abt 3hrs and she patiently went thru everything with me. Thumbs up for that. Thanks michelle lee for the good job! Keep up the good work!