Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kenmura

Show your pets.

My turn -

Jan and I are the proud parents to two furkids, both schnauzers -

Our first is Pepper, a white schnauzer. birthday: 14/02/05

Male. Naughty and jumpy, but so so handsome.

JanTattoo004.jpg

Our second is Lucky, a black schnauzer. birthday: 28/11/05

Female. The most obediant dog I've ever come across in my life.

lucky.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

my pets who kept me very busy everyday..

piggies.jpg

my smelly yet happy piggies.. whose fav past-time is wheeking for food to eat!

Krisietong0047-1.jpg

my smart and mischieveous sausage dog whose name is Sausage and is always trying to outsmart his mummy

I also want to share my furry babies... Fit the male cat is 7years old and below is Kula who is 15years old already :(

carpetfit.jpg

Kula.jpg

I also want to share my furry babies... Fit the male cat is 7years old and below is Kula who is 15years old already :thumbs up:

Hi Hi lin stapler and all other cat owners..

feel like getting a cat but i'm worried abt several things.. can help?

firstly will the cat give out any noisy cat calls that might disturb my neighbours?... oh and will cats keep scratching all the furniture and spoil the carpentry, chair legs.. fabric sofa? do they also shed alot of fur like dogs?

heee sorry for asking so many qn.. but really feel like getting one.

Edited by mist

firstly, if you neuter your cat, the possibility of him/her calling at night is greatly reduced. i can't guarantee no sound at all coz they do meow for things e.g. demand to be let into the air-con room !!

as for scratching, contrary to popular belief - cats CAN be trained. it's just that it depends a lot on the bond the cat and trainer shares. if you are very close to your cat, you can basically get him/her to do whatever you want e.g. roll-over, walk on hind legs etc. my cats dun scratch anything else except stacks of newspaper and carpets but both was prepared for them to scratch. wood furniture they dun touch unless explicit approval is given (maciam maciam leh, no lah what i mean is they won't scratch things unless when they do it infront of me i never say anything then they will continue)

as with all animals, long-hair breed will shed more than short-hair due to two reasons

long-hair molts seasonally and their hair is more noticeable

but you can consider the sphynx :thumbs up:

one more thing to note, if you want a cat, it'd be good if you can cat-proof your home i.e. get grilles, ensure there is nothing your cat might be trapped in etc.

firstly, if you neuter your cat, the possibility of him/her calling at night is greatly reduced. i can't guarantee no sound at all coz they do meow for things e.g. demand to be let into the air-con room !!

as for scratching, contrary to popular belief - cats CAN be trained. it's just that it depends a lot on the bond the cat and trainer shares. if you are very close to your cat, you can basically get him/her to do whatever you want e.g. roll-over, walk on hind legs etc. my cats dun scratch anything else except stacks of newspaper and carpets but both was prepared for them to scratch. wood furniture they dun touch unless explicit approval is given (maciam maciam leh, no lah what i mean is they won't scratch things unless when they do it infront of me i never say anything then they will continue)

as with all animals, long-hair breed will shed more than short-hair due to two reasons

long-hair molts seasonally and their hair is more noticeable

but you can consider the sphynx :thumbs up:

one more thing to note, if you want a cat, it'd be good if you can cat-proof your home i.e. get grilles, ensure there is nothing your cat might be trapped in etc.

hey apple freak! thanks for your help!! what you say is quite comforting :) maybe i will get a cat..

ohh oh.... 3 more qns... sorrie!

is a cat is generally more independent than a dog? we decided against dogs coz we will be out most of the time. couldnt bare to hear the dog whine everytime we leave for work.

Do u knw whether cats will try to jump out of the balcony? my balcony doesnt have a half wall.. its made of thos metal grille like thing. so i'm afraid the cat might squeeze trho.. but then again i leave on a high floor (above 10 storeys)... do u think the cat will be smart enough not to commit suicide :notti:

can cats be toilet trained too?

Edited by mist

if a dog understands its owner daily routine then it'll not whine when you aren't at home. i've a maltese and she has been with me for 3-4 years already. initially, she whined a lot when we weren't at home but now she doesn't anymore b'cos she has understood our daily routine. she sleeps with me in the same bedroom at night and when we aren't at home then we'll keep her inside a cage. :deal:

hey apple freak! thanks for your help!! what you say is quite comforting :notti: maybe i will get a cat..

ohh oh.... 3 more qns... sorrie!

is a cat is generally more independent than a dog? we decided against dogs coz we will be out most of the time. couldnt bare to hear the dog whine everytime we leave for work.

Do u knw whether cats will try to jump out of the balcony? my balcony doesnt have a half wall.. its made of thos metal grille like thing. so i'm afraid the cat might squeeze trho.. but then again i leave on a high floor (above 10 storeys)... do u think the cat will be smart enough not to commit suicide :~

can cats be toilet trained too?

hehehe, personally i'm a cat person coz i'm lazy :~

for my cats, all i did was bring them to the litter pan after they eat once and they know how to return to it after that

erm, i would advise against having cats but no grilles

as for whining, most pets will whine if you leave them alone for a long period of time, even guinea pigs :)

if you know there'd be no one at home most of the time, better dun get a pet :deal:

if you know there'd be no one at home most of the time, better dun get a pet :~

but working is a must mah so bo bian. pets also must understand their owners leh. or else where got $$$ to feed them. :deal:

if a dog understands its owner daily routine then it'll not whine when you aren't at home. i've a maltese and she has been with me for 3-4 years already. initially, she whined a lot when we weren't at home but now she doesn't anymore b'cos she has understood our daily routine. she sleeps with me in the same bedroom at night and when we aren't at home then we'll keep her inside a cage. :D

my doggie has been whining alot when I left him ard in the service balcony when we leaving for work... den i heartache, I put him running ard wild in the house.. but he still whine and scratch my main door!! I lagi heartache!! hope that it will stop soon....

but working is a must mah so bo bian. pets also must understand their owners leh. or else where got $$$ to feed them. :unsure:

working is fine lah, but if you have a lot of entertain and go home only to sleep, it's better not to have pets loh. if only go out to work and occasionally return home late still not so bad bah :P

my doggie has been whining alot when I left him ard in the service balcony when we leaving for work... den i heartache, I put him running ard wild in the house.. but he still whine and scratch my main door!! I lagi heartache!! hope that it will stop soon....

how old is your dog? :P a dog doesn't whine/bark so much as it's getting older. last time, my dog used to whine/bark very often whenever we were going out. but now as she is getting older liao (3-4 years old this year) and she's more obedient (doesn't whine/bark so often anymore). people always said she's very obedient when i bring her out. :P

working is fine lah, but if you have a lot of entertain and go home only to sleep, it's better not to have pets loh. if only go out to work and occasionally return home late still not so bad bah :)

now i'm not working so i'll be at home in the morning but sometimes in the afternoon i may go out then my dog will be alone at home. occasionally, i'll return home late. sometimes, when i go out and i'll bring my dog along. :unsure:

hee.. didn't realise i can "show off" my BABY here..

我们家的美女... 林宝贝.. aka BABY Lim.. :)

image033lh7.jpg

她胸口上有个超大的心型.. 不是剪或修的喔... 她小时候就有的... :yamseng:

image023smn5.jpg