Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
swaskie

My Out Of Shape House..but I Like!

Yes, i am also another 'casper'..being a silent reader for a few months already and enjoying reading other home owners' blogs and getting enriching information. Therefore here i am floating in to share my experiences and my journey to my..OUT OF SHAPE HOUSE! :sport-smiley-018:

I believe house hunting depends on fate as well. I told my agent i do not want a corridor unit and hopefully high levels as i am currently staying at 2nd floor. Had been house hunting for several months..and i think i had seen more than 20 units..and finally i laid my eyes on this unit.

To cut it short, ha this is a corridor unit, and i upgraded from 2nd to 3rd level :dribble:

I am trying to post pictures hopefully i get it right...here's my floor plan and you know what i mean as 'out of shape'

original_zps14791e2b.jpg

Edited by swaskie

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Next step: Getting ID or contractor??

Headache again :bangwall:

Thankfully for this forum for a lot of useful information, i avoided those IDs from EXPO.. and shortlisted 4 IDs through word of mouth, friend's recommendation etc etc..

It was really a tiring procedure..meet up with the IDs after work, weekends, repeating all the requirements, budgets etc...

Finally, one that can meet my requirements and budget and of course the ability to click with your ID will be the most important..as she will be working closing with me for the next 3-4 months...

I am so excited on this renovation journey.... and went to walk around Best Denki, Courts, Harvey Norman to look at furnitures, electrical appliances and was so tempted to place an order...but but..my 3D was not out yet! So, no choice...endure... :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by swaskie

Congrats! Reno will not take 3-4 months lah. Max just 2 months or else it's just too long.

Hi! Thanks!

Yeap..gave my ID 2 months to complete as i decided to start the renovation after Chinese New Year..currently am liaising with my ID and hopefully to see my 3D soon next week!

Oh here's the proposed plan:

proposed_zps6bd457c9.jpg

Hi! Thanks!

Yeap..gave my ID 2 months to complete as i decided to start the renovation after Chinese New Year..currently am liaising with my ID and hopefully to see my 3D soon next week!

Oh here's the proposed plan:

proposed_zps6bd457c9.jpg

Very unique shape house, is it at Bukit Batok?

Very unique shape house, is it at Bukit Batok?

It's at Hougang :D

Got this as 4room resale flat and flat size about 105

Unique in a way its spacious but also headache too... a lot of corners...need build partition wall to cover that area...

am still waiting for my 3D!!!

Courts Megastore was having year end sale..so decided to side track a bit...decided to do some shopping first hahahaha

Beds

Have been walking around sourcing for queen size beds with storage...hence walk in and out of stores, shops and ask this and that...been to Englander, Seahorse, Tangs, kaypo around in Expo home fairs...and was surprise to see so many varieties of beds...which can range from $1K to $5-6K...

Last Saturday, found what i wanted within my budget as i need to buy not 1 but 3 beds!!!

Maxcoil was having promotion...Queen size matress along with bedframe with storage selling at $1499! I can still squeeze them for more discounts! woo hoo....

Forgot to take picture :bangwall: but...will post more once they deliver my beds hiak hiak

Edited by swaskie

Aircon

Courts Megastore having free 5 years extended warranty!

..though a bit expensive compared to the outside market but still ...i decided to purchase it for the warranty sake ....as nowadays..i think electrical items..really dun last long...

aircon_zpse3a0d9ff.jpg

Hood Hob & Oven

My mum loves to bake..so decided to buy an oven along with the hood & hob...

A very friendly uncle in Courts explain alot about choosing hood and hob as well as oven from the various brands and i was really impressed with his knowledge...

hence to make things easier and to strike off another item on my to purchase list..bought the following:

Tecno Oven

oven_zpsd2b4fb9f.jpg

Pros: Anti slam, easy to use

Hood

hood_zps6ef6e711.jpg

Tip: Get those with 3 pcs for easier maintenance rather than 1 big piece...hard to wash..

Hob:

hob_zpsa73f4306.jpg

Tip: 2 stoves easier..as the pots and pans will not fight with one another for space while cooking...

I prefer this colour a bit greyish or black..but my mum insisted to get white below:

hobwhite_zps6d1beb95.jpg

here's the selection of colors:

hobcolor_zps88cd5781.jpg

So i stopped arguing with my mum and told her wait till 3D is out then we decide hahaha :unsure:

That's all i bought within a day.. beds/aircon/oven,hood & hob...really tiring..spent nearly 8 hours there...trying the beds..walking up & down the levels, asking questions about the aircon brands...

Went to sofa section...a lot of selections and designs but nothing caught my eyes...

There was like a mini auction of electrical appliances such as TV sets..but decided not to rush in it..as prices may drop during next year and other places such as Audio Houses may be cheaper ha

Edited by swaskie

After my 1st appoinment at the HDB, was glad that the current house owner allowed me to do a site inspection along with my ID to take measurements for the renovation...Here's some pictures of the current state of the house...

Main Living Hall:

531F7ECC-FE0D-4FBD-B3CA-6B45C06F5DC4-36131-00002B43E60C84C7.jpg

D28771DB-D5FD-451C-A168-4CD10BB1053D-36131-00002B43FF9CA746.jpg

Kitchen View:

3A3FA6CE-B07D-4477-A3BD-4B84FECBBA93-36131-00002B44E5B274E3.jpg

93C51524-2F14-4B85-9EC2-3B9676A04E10-36131-00002B4492AF76AD.jpg

Walkway from Kitchen to Living Hall area:

E7A4D1BB-408C-4726-809D-BE959EBC858A-36131-00002B44BA5DE78B.jpg

Toilet View:

7619FEAD-7996-4EE0-A078-74614A729F00-36131-00002B447A3F5FB0.jpg

Was shocked to see such huge pipes!! :jawdrop:

Edited by swaskie

Courts Megastore was having year end sale..so decided to side track a bit...decided to do some shopping first hahahaha

Beds

Have been walking around sourcing for queen size beds with storage...hence walk in and out of stores, shops and ask this and that...been to Englander, Seahorse, Tangs, kaypo around in Expo home fairs...and was surprise to see so many varieties of beds...which can range from $1K to $5-6K...

Last Saturday, found what i wanted within my budget as i need to buy not 1 but 3 beds!!!

Maxcoil was having promotion...Queen size matress along with bedframe with storage selling at $1499! I can still squeeze them for more discounts! woo hoo....

Forgot to take picture :bangwall: but...will post more once they deliver my beds hiak hiak

Hee I have seen similar house design in Bukit Batok, 106sqm too The store can keep the bed purchases for how long before delivery to your house?

Hi Sherting,

I told the guy i need the beds by end April...he said no problem..so i just put a deposit only hehehe :D

Edited by swaskie

Post Christmas sales EVERYWHERE!!

Robinson sales, BHG sales, Metro Expo sales!

Oh there's an Electronic Expo sales too ending this Sunday 30 Dec 12.

To my surprise, my brother actually bought this back:

tv_zpsb41c64a5.jpg

32' Samsung Smart LED TV and comes along with free DVD Player, Dongle, cable....

8| going to spank him..as tell him not to buy so early as we need the items around end April 13 only...

anyway he is the one paying for it hahahaha :notti: