Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jaykr

An Experiement In Designing My New Home

Hi MK,

I think it is a bit expensive also. I msged you , check it out! ;P

I think the latter quote that you have gotten seems quite ex. If compared to what Alan quoted me, now his rate seems ok though he never put a cap on the number of lighting & fan points he will help to install in the lump sum quoted. Hope he is not too calculative?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi wabiam,

PMed you already!

Hi Jayke, do you mind sharing the transport contact and the JB contact for craftstone

Hi niko,

The 6ft is a combination of concrete sink and cabinet. ;p

Hi Jaykr, I have receive it. Thank you. Wow your concrete sink is so big.. I just need 4 feet with alum door, very simple one. :)

Which Neighbourhood? =)

Woodlands or Renotalk....;p

If it is Woodlands, I have been living here since I was 8 years old.....;p

Welcome to the neighbourhood!

Plumbing for our place has started!

Since I will be using City gas , there will be hot and cold pipes. I will be using hot water for my two showers only.

I have decided to use stainless steel pipes, was contemplating between stainless Steel and copper.

I hope the routing of the pipes is done neatly and the joints and bends are well done. There are some seriously joints and bends to be done. So need to go check it out. Also some drilling to connect the pipes which will impact our new tiles. Hopefully there are no cracks going through the new tiles. Need to go check them out.

I got to thank Alan for been gracious enough to not charge me for breaking of the current box up of the piping in the foyer and replacing it with a new box up with the stainless steel piping. It really helps me to keep to my strict budget.

I hope the workmanship is as good the hackers and tilers. :D

Hi everyone,

Here are some pictures of the work that has been nearly done. Appreciate any comments or feedback.

Kitchen Corner - White craft brick half done.

8681372330_4e1274329d_c.jpg

8680259511_cd82c6156c_c.jpg

Red CraftBrick in Study Room :

8680261547_5caf907333_c.jpg

Craftstone TV wall :

8681370824_4aaea11eeb_c.jpg

8680260153_9ced05f19e_c.jpg

Actually your renovation seems quite fast leh and that's a lot of craft bricks used! Nice! Can't wait to see the end result of your place!

Oh craft bricks laying shifu, is that same as the tiler?

Hi MK,

I was thinking the same, they were very fast workers. There were actually 1 Supervisor tiler and all his assistants ( 4 in no). Very focused on their work and there is especially one young fella, he was super fast worker and also did the tiling very well.

The laying of the bricks was done by the two of his assistants. Both were pretty good, but one was better that the other in terms of spacing out and arranging it.

I got to say their workmanship so far as been good. I will wait till they do they chemical wash and see if I see issues similar to MentOs.

My craftbricks were not enough so have ordered another 6 boxes for the white bricks, They will come later and finish it up for me.

I like the way it has turned out. Lets see when the whole house is done, how it looks like. =)

Actually your renovation seems quite fast leh and that's a lot of craft bricks used! Nice! Can't wait to see the end result of your place!

Oh craft bricks laying shifu, is that same as the tiler?

Hello all pet lovers! ;p

Anyone has any idea of car proof furniture? or how to cat proof your furniture?

In the other house I used to live in , we use to have a fabric furniture and my meow loves to sharpen her claws there. especially at the edges. Even thought we have told her many times not to do that, she will purposely do that when we are not looking.

Any ideas on what type of sofa set / furniture I should get?

Any help would be much appreciated. =)

Thank you.

If your cat has a favourite spot on your furniture that she likes to scratch on, you could try discouraging her from going near there by rubbing lemon on it.. most cats hate the strong citrusy smell as it seems to irritate their senses..

I say most because my cat is a weirdo and she seems super attracted to that smell...

Hi Blueee,

No favourite spot actually, she scratches all over the furniture , depends on where she is sitting, sleeping or rolling around..;p

What type of sofa did you get? any issues so far?

If your cat has a favourite spot on your furniture that she likes to scratch on, you could try discouraging her from going near there by rubbing lemon on it.. most cats hate the strong citrusy smell as it seems to irritate their senses..

I say most because my cat is a weirdo and she seems super attracted to that smell...

My parents got fabric sofas in really bright colors or with patterns.. good thing about that is that its not obvious when the cats scratch on it..

But recently we bought more scratching posts for them and scattered it around the house.. they seem to have lost interest in the sofas now and are happier with the scratching posts..

Pet store people recommend applying catnip to the scratching posts to make it more enticing..

If you're using fabric sofa too, try mixing lemon juice and water and spritz some on your sofa.. it keeps ur furniture lemony fresh and may discourage your cat from going near there too!

But if your furniture is leather better not.. I'm not sure how leather would react with lemon.. :(