Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Just for record. I DON'T MAKE COMMISSION FOR RECOMMENDATIONS.

It's out of goodwill. Her Tiler is Xiao Hei, Electrician is Bobby, Carpentry is Ah Xian., The finishing uncle i forget his name liao, stays in johor near KSL.

Say Alex@retro clementi recommend one. Better give good price! Dorothy 94507007.

thanks for MK's recommendation, we are about 80% confirm will engage her service. waiting for her revised quote and going to choose tiles this Saturday.

me and my wife are those with no idea / opinion type. so Dorothy has really provided us with a lot of input. her price is also very reasonable and neagotiable. she is a very friendly and dedicated person. :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Your brown staircase tiles, do you consider using brown silicon to cover the black lines in between. It may look seamless.

Is brown silicon same as brown grout color?

Hi redder, Alan's number is 9889 2008 while vacanthost has given Dorothy's number above. Good luck! Both of them are good in their own ways so it depends on who you are most comfy with.

Yea same thing. Pardon me for my layman terms.

err.. silicon & grout cement are different. but ya, i agree with vacanthost tt MK should consider matching color grout lines for the tiles at the steps..

Edited by jus4fun

err.. silicon & grout cement are different. but ya, i agree with vacanthost tt MK should consider matching color grout lines for the tiles at the steps..

paiseh paiseh. my steps are blue, i wonder can mix into blue gout cement. Is there such thing?

I don't know if got blue grout but Ah Meng ( Alan's tiler) matched our red , brown and black grout lines . so you mind be able to find Blue...I think...;p Check with ypur tiler...;p

paiseh paiseh. my steps are blue, i wonder can mix into blue gout cement. Is there such thing?

So jay, Ah Meng is using silicon or grout cement? Jia lat, I am confused now but he did said he will do brown for us - his own initiative yay!

Hi MK,

As far as I know it is grout cement, he used it for the red brick walls as we wanted something whitish red and for our brown and black bathroom tiles. =)

So jay, Ah Meng is using silicon or grout cement? Jia lat, I am confused now but he did said he will do brown for us - his own initiative yay!

I don't know if got blue grout but Ah Meng ( Alan's tiler) matched our red , brown and black grout lines . so you mind be able to find Blue...I think...;p Check with ypur tiler...;p

ya, find out if can hv different choice of colors leh.. find out liao let us know k? thanks! haha! :)

Feeling down so to drive away the blues, we went shopping just now. Bought the world's 1st Tui Na leg massager:

http://www.osim.com/SG/product/uphoria.aspx?category_id=FFBA8A28-657E-4447-B54C-F5BB675C962F

8758700582_790d89254d.jpg

Osim uPhoria by Makanology, on Flickr

Age is certainly catching up and both Mr E and I use this all the time at my Mom's place. It is time to invest in our own.

oohhh.... foot massager. I'm looking to upgrade my old dinosaur. So shiok to use this at the end of a hectic day - I always get a 'buzz' in my feet after using my dinosaur. Can share how much you go this for? Any freebies?

Hi 3Dyms, bought it at IMM Osim corner at Best Denki... No GSS promotion but the sales guy, Teck Leong extended the Mother's Day promo of $628 (self-collection) or $658 (incl delivery). For either option, he is willing to help us keep the stock till mid June. We took the 1st option as we realized the massager is about the weight of 1 carton bricks only (20kg) lol... If we can manage 10 cartons of bricks, this is chicken feet to us!

Small milestones today:

Our latticed windows (both sliding & casement ones). White grills not up yet but will be installed by this Thursday.

8770553912_eaa197eb03_n.jpg

Small milestones on 21 May by Makanology, on Flickr

Hmmm the HDB meter boxes look so out of place and yellowish. I don't think town council will change if we request hahaha. Not sure if we are allowed to paint it white so as to match our new windows?!

Edited by Makanology

Yay! Kitchen flooring almost done except some touch up to the washing machine base. Pardon the poorly-taken picture using the iPhone

8770548842_cbaa706d47_n.jpg

Small milestones on 21 May by Makanology, on Flickr

The botak corner area is un-tiled for the full height cabinet to house the microwave oven etc.

Edited by Makanology

On a brighter note, our stairs will be done by today!

8756234515_973b06e3ff_q.jpg

New stairs ;) by Makanology, on Flickr

Haha this wasn't planned so Ah Meng used whatever tiles that were in excess. Pro - color super match/ con - hmmm bears some resemblance to Malay culture but luckily Mr E has Malay blood from his ancestors so pass!

Waahh....!!! This is **** nice lah. Love love it. :dribble: The tiler is so smart to mix & match. Super initiative. Your Mr E is peranakan?