Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Anyways start of a new week and we are recharged to take things in our hands now. Gonna be very firm, call Alan for real answers and speed things up ourselves. Wish us good luck peeps! We also can't wait to see the completion of our wooden cabin kitchen to be up :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Bro E n Sis Makan, sorry to hear tt. Hope the works will b able to catch up wif the schedule. Monitor the progress closely. Otherwise u may jus need to reschedule ur movers.. Dun give urself too much stress amid ur other endeavor like ur ROM :) All the best! 加油!

Yeah, I m monitoring REAL close. Rescheduling the movers isn't an issue, the bigger issue is that my current room/workshop rental has been already overdue by 2 months as the landlord was really nice enough to turn down other prospective tenants. Likewise without my working area, I cannot do my projects as well, art pieces and paintings and all.

To extend another month would mean extra rental and wouldn't it be ridiculous to actually take 2 months for a 3roomer renovations? A contract is a contract, once stated 4-6 weeks, any form of negotiation is purely out of good will and should not be exploited. So if I were to incur extra rental charges, should I bill him? Imagine trying to nego a contract with a bank instead.

I did re-confirmed with Alan with this abt getting the conditions "livable" and he too has also re-assured us as well. It is more like a case of over-promised and under-delivered.

I want to still have good faith in him, but his lack of responsiveness is totally absurd. For a fact, the tilers were happy to see me because as quoted by them: "it is good that u r here, we can confirm everything with u on the spot."

And yes, the ROM as well. Maybe we should do an industrial or derelict - punk style wedding with broken bricks and tiles, dust and all, due to the mess we ll be living in. Quite cool yeah? Haha...

Mr E.

Edited by Makanology

Yeah, I m monitoring REAL close. Rescheduling the movers isn't an issue, the bigger issue is that my current room/workshop rental has been already overdue by 2 months as the landlord was really nice enough to turn down other prospective tenants. Likewise without my working area, I cannot do my projects as well, art pieces and paintings and all.

To extend another month would mean extra rental and wouldn't it be ridiculous to actually take 2 months for a 3roomer renovations? A contract is a contract, once stated 4-6 weeks, any form of negotiation is purely out of good will and should not be exploited. So if I were to incur extra rental charges, should I bill him? Imagine trying to nego a contract with a bank instead.

I did re-confirmed with Alan with this abt getting the conditions "livable" and he too has also re-assured us as well. It is more like a case of over-promised and under-delivered.

I want to still have good faith in him, but his lack of responsiveness is totally absurd. For a fact, the tilers were happy to see me because as quoted by them: "it is good that u r here, we can confirm everything with u on the spot."

And yes, the ROM as well. Maybe we should do an industrial or derelict - punk style wedding with broken bricks and tiles, dust and all, due to the mess we ll be living in. Quite cool yeah? Haha...

Mr E.

OIC! now we can understand the frustrations u 2 r going thru! take care buddy!

oh dear, sorry to hear this. i think he's flooded with too many projects.

Hi retch, yeah. I can understand that. Try picture this. We are afterall layman/laywoman to the industry and its work or terms. We paid for a contractor who could assist us to lessen our burden. Now, I have to be there once every two days to understand the developments and with me physically there, the workers felt glad that I m there to liaise and "troubleshoot" design issues. It is true that we have a small part to play here, mostly with design layout, style and miscellaneous oddities. But certainly not here to "micro-manage" stuffs like: when's the windows coming? Dang, if the windows isn't coming, the tilers can't tile or do wet works on it??? Seriously, I don't think that's my jobscope or heck, not even supposed to be my worry too!

Other than being unresponsive 90% of the time, we were left wondering abt the progression stages. In fact, many of the stuffs we had no idea about, luckily we had a very good friend named Google! Who managed to get our enquiries solved 90% of the time!

To be honest here, this is to allow us the convenience. Right now, we are on the verge of being "inconvenienced", with the possibility of incurring costs for rental, while we did allow the part of taking his sweet time to install whatever is needed, cabinets and all so long he complies with whatever we need in the first place.

We all have our busy-ness with our own work but, in no way should we impose our convenience on others' inconvenience.

Mr E.

Edited by Makanology

Hi retch, yeah. I can understand that. Try picture this. We are afterall layman/laywoman to the industry and its work or terms. We paid for a contractor who could assist us to lessen our burden. Now, I have to be there once every two days to understand the developments and with me physically there, the workers felt glad that I m there to liaise and "troubleshoot" design issues. It is true that we have a small part to play here, mostly with design layout, style and miscellaneous oddities. But certainly not here to "micro-manage" stuffs like: when's the windows coming? Dang, if the windows isn't coming, the tilers can't tile or do wet works on it??? Seriously, I don't think that's my jobscope or heck, not even supposed to be my worry too!

Other than being unresponsive 90% of the time, we were left wondering abt the progression stages. In fact, many of the stuffs we had no idea about, luckily we had a very good friend named Google! Who managed to get our enquiries solved 90% of the time!

To be honest here, this is to allow us the convenience. Right now, we are on the verge of being "inconvenienced", with the possibility of incurring costs for rental, while we did allow the part of taking his sweet time to install whatever is needed, cabinets and all so long he complies with whatever we need in the first place.

We all have our busy-ness with our own work but, in no way should we impose our convenience on others' inconvenience.

Mr E.

Hi Mr. E,

I can totally understand your frustrations as I'm also going through the same process as you. My ID is pretty much silent most of the time and without me contacting him on a regular basis, he will not provide any feedback or update on the renovation progress. Mine commenced on the same date as you but the pictures I'm able to post here are merely ceiling work and a few "construction of bases" pictures.

Try arranging a meeting with him to voice all these concerns as he should be made known to all these issues and understand the urgency of the situation. I had a meeting with my ID & carpenter last weekend and sorted out tonnes of issues with them regarding the renovation. I even planned out the revised schedule for him so that he can have an easier time understanding the renovation progress flow. However my situation is not as bad as yours, so you definitely need to put pressure on your ID to give priority to your renovation project. If he's not performing a good job, give the company a call and request for someone else to handle it instead.

Nonetheless, I hope that this week will be the beginning of a good reno week for you.

Cheers! :good:

From MK 'Mrs E':

Our contractor is the boss himself, errr hard to find someone to take over our project. So the best person to take over is ourselves! I think after this, we can open renovation business liao!

From MK 'Mrs E':

Our contractor is the boss himself, errr hard to find someone to take over our project. So the best person to take over is ourselves! I think after this, we can open renovation business liao!

Hmmm.. If you happen to open renovation business, please consider hiring me, I'm pretty skilled in planning renovation schedule and organising it since I have been the one providing my ID the schedule and work progress. Hahaha!

Anyway take care. Hope your renovation works will start to get better. :good:

MK's journey has been quite eventful even before reno starts - still remember the drama of the sellers - but so far Mrs E has remained cheerful & positive! I'm sure things will turn for the better.. in no time, it'll be over soon.. 加油 both! :sport-smiley-003:

Hmmm.. If you happen to open renovation business, please consider hiring me, I'm pretty skilled in planning renovation schedule and organising it since I have been the one providing my ID the schedule and work progress. Hahaha!

Anyway take care. Hope your renovation works will start to get better. :good:

me too me too! i'm the one who did up substantially my carpentary design, & i'm the one who did up all the technical drawings & dimensions to my carpenter instead of my ID!! for that, I even rubbed him: "shouldn't a part of ur designer fee go to me?" LOL!! :lol:

Edited by jus4fun

Dun stress! Can't help much on reno stuff coz I haven't start yet but if u need any advice on wedding stuff, u can PM me.. :)

Ok for the renovation business, we now have Beng as project manager, jus4fun for designer; now who is going to get customers? Hahahaha

Dun stress! Can't help much on reno stuff coz I haven't start yet but if u need any advice on wedding stuff, u can PM me.. :)

Thanks! Haha i used to be a professional event planner ;) so that part, I am not too worried.