Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

my terminal point needs to be relocated...dunno if M1 will do it :P

should ask them sometime later, if they do, i will straight away sign up haha

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yesterday we accomplished what we set out to do:

Kitchen track lights GU10

8729601067_d1d992c588_q.jpg

GU10 track light holder by Makanology, on Flickr

Good service & price from Catalina Lighting (thanks to Bleucheeze for another great recommendation! GU10 stuff in S'pore is SO hard to find)

Today will do another round of online purchases on TB (telephone) and Amazon (kitchen stuff). Online shopping is so FUN :D

Yesterday we accomplished what we set out to do:

Kitchen track lights GU10

8729601067_d1d992c588_q.jpg

GU10 track light holder by Makanology, on Flickr

Good service & price from Catalina Lighting (thanks to Bleucheeze for another great recommendation! GU10 stuff in S'pore is SO hard to find)

Today will do another round of online purchases on TB (telephone) and Amazon (kitchen stuff). Online shopping is so FUN :D

Hi makanology

Sorry to trouble you but can I know how much are the lights from Catalina? And do they open on sats?

Hi Macuser77,

We bought a 2m track at $24 and 5 pcs of GU10 holder at $90 total. Yes they are open on Sat but do call Paul Lim before you go in case he is out. Tel: 6449 6028

Add: Blk 3012 Bedok Ind Park E, #04-2034 S(489978)

Hi Macuser77,

We bought a 2m track at $24 and 5 pcs of GU10 holder at $90 total. Yes they are open on Sat but do call Paul Lim before you go in case he is out. Tel: 6449 6028

Add: Blk 3012 Bedok Ind Park E, #04-2034 S(489978)

Many many thanks for the info! :)

@swaskie we are only left with these to buy: kitchen track lights, Ikea Billy cupboard, Expedit shelf, handles for all cupboards, telephone, ladle, wine opener, pepper/salt/spice jars containers, butter knife (some will be from Amazon), 早安君子hand towels, rugs, mop, ladder, Philips Airfryer.

Haha that's probably all! Even cleaning detergents - my colleague sponsored a set of Amway ones already!

Airfryer is gd.. Currently courts selling at 279 but i dun remember seeing somewhere selling 250 plus... Not sure if gmarket or perhaps u can drop by the hourly deal by courts maybe cheaper :)

$279 at ntuc also which we don't mind getting it there as we have ntuc vouchers :)

Got vchrs gd!!! Lol i like vchrs hahaha

Our renovation progress is soooo slow! Alan has many projects at hand and we have to wait for our turn for the tiling team to do our place.

Finally tiling work started 4 days ago and we have been going down almost everyday. Why? Tiler discovered a leak at our master bathroom. When it rains, the rain water will seep through the wall! So today finally HDB sent their contractor to fix the leak - no idea who is footing the bill but we reckon maintenance should be under our town council?

Our TB stuff finally arrived and here are the baba tiles that we ordered:

8747882196_7f1e8685f4_q.jpg

Kitchen & bathrooms by Makanology, on Flickr

This will be used on our old school bathrooms:

8747884702_638964061a_q.jpg

On hind sight, people are now using bigger wall tiles to have lesser grout lines and hence easier cleaning yet I went the other way... Mr E just laughed at my choice & said 'happy cleaning!'

leaking from outside, i tink is hdb's prob.....town council is ur S&C and other facilities maintenance only.

this is something i dam unhappy about.....

when got prob, dunno exactly who to look for, then have to play the taiji game between hdb and town council :bleah:

on the other hand, the tiles nice wor! very hard to find in SG ar?

Tiler Ah Meng is a nice guy with great skills. After watching him & his team work the last few days, we realized the tiles we have selected require more work than the usual tiles. Yet Ah Meng never complained once and always highlights possible problems due to our various tile designs & dimensions. Best part, he will also have 1-2 solutions for us to choose.

On top of this, we like their workmanship and so we decide not to rush them. In any case, Alan miscalculated and ordered insufficient wall tiles...

8746753697_378485662d_q.jpg

8746758347_2cc62c25f8_q.jpg

Ah Meng's suggestion of a more complete look by using the same kitchen wall tile for common bathroom entrance. And he even suggested using wood color for the grout lines = Nice!