Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kooky

K's Home

Yes, the partitioned room is from the kitchen. It is our helper's room. But in order to make it liveable, we need to put in a door with louvre and installed a rotational ceiling fan. The space is sufficient to put a single bed, a small wardrobe and a writing table.

Yeah... Think COV dropped only during last crisis. Else this area's COV is usually quite painful.

Just to confirm, you partitioned a small room from the original kitchen? Is it meant to be a storeroom or for other purposes?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nice...I also want to create a store room from the kitchen but my Fengshui master insisted I cannot do so as it will not be good for us.

No choice, ended up we do lots of carpentry to store our Barang Barang.

In our case, we did not engage FS master and since my spouse is not a local, we simply ignore those FS taboos and go ahead with this layout and dare to use those colours that are usually advice by FS master as 'do-not/avoid to use'.

Wait till carpentry works in the kitchen are done up - you will see that most of the stuff are hiden there........LOL

Nice...I also want to create a store room from the kitchen but my Fengshui master insisted I cannot do so as it will not be good for us.

Edited by kooky

We created a yard in the kitchen instead of a storeroom...... For additional storage space, we created a storeroom in the living room near our long balcony.

Yes I also created a yard and built a full height cabinet there to store all barang barang. The miserable storeroom under the stairs is too small.

The windows installer helped to submit removing of the lower metal bar and HDB has approved it. I am pleased that we can have a big windows in the service yard which means more natural lights coming into the unit. However, the centre metal bar (which cannot be removed) is so eye-sore as you can see that it is so severly slanted across the wall!

This week, grilles are expected to be up and carpentry work to start in the kitchen area.

Left: Before Right: After (lower mental bar removed and windows are up)

svcyard.jpg

Edited by kooky

Yes .... the centre metal piece is indeed an eye sore....hdb will say it is part of the building structure. I m glad mine doesn't have this piece in my balcony. Hope all goes well for ur carpentry work in the kitchen. Awaiting for your photos :)

The windows installer helped to submit removing of the lower metal bar and HDB has approved it. I am pleased that we can have a big windows in the service yard which means more natural lights coming into the unit. However, the centre metal bar (which cannot be removed) is so eye-sore as you can see that it is so severly slanted across the wall!

This week, grilles are expected to be up and carpentry work to start in the kitchen area.

Left: Before Right: After (lower mental bar removed and windows are up)

svcyard.jpg

Oh yeah, quite a lot of neighbours who installed windows in the balcony split the windows into 2 with small lift up (?) type above the bar. Didn't realize the bar is so slanted... Think some of my walls n beams were severely slanted too... Lousy HDB contractors... Haiz.

Your Reno is coming along nicely. Btw, will you be boxing up or concealing the aircon trunking? And that metal bar.... Alamak! How come HDB can install till its slanted one? Their workmanship lousy lah. But love your big big windows in your balcony. I'm going to do windows for my service balcony too. Cos I'm extending my kitchen out to the service balcony. I like big big kitchens with lots of counter prep space. :)

Look fwd to see more pics especially once your carpentry is up. So exciting yah.

Hi 3Dyms, we only installed aircons in the bedrooms and as you can see from the pictures, the biggest aircon piping/trucking is on the beam in the hallway but since they are quite neatly concealed, we decided to do away with boxed up. The aircon units were installed on last weekend, I will try to take a few pictures when we visit the flat again this weekend.

My sink, washer and dryer will be placed in the yard, that's why we prefer a big windows and built a roofing above the service yard.

We have been told that the top for the breakfast bar counter will not be ready until much later date though.

Hi 3Dyms, we only installed aircons in the bedrooms and as you can see from the pictures, the biggest aircon piping/trucking is on the beam in the hallway but since they are quite neatly concealed, we decided to do away with boxed up. The aircon units were installed on last weekend, I will try to take a few pictures when we visit the flat again this weekend.

My sink, washer and dryer will be placed in the yard, that's why we prefer a big windows and built a roofing above the service yard.

We have been told that the top for the breakfast bar counter will not be ready until much later date though.

Oic. Yah... Agree that your trunking is nicely done. But to make it less obvious, maybe can learn from HappyAng, he plaster over the trunkings & painted over it. So it all blended in perfectly with the wall. This should be cheaper than box up.

Hah... Me too. Have to squeeze the washer & dryer in the service balcony. No choice lah... No other place to 'house' those appliances. ;) right now, my unit has roller shutters installed already for the service balcony. But I'm contemplating if I should do roofing instead. *dilemma*

Oh.... What top are you using for your breakfast counter? Granite or solid top? Did you carpenter or ID mention why got delay?

Edited by 3Dyms

The painter will do another round of painting over those trucking and all other corners/areas where painting is required. We do not want to spend another sum of money on plastering these trucking as we would like to do some storage/shelving which incur an additional cost. Moreover, the concealed part is almost same colour as our paint colour, so it isn't at all so obvious.

We have chosen quartz to do the breakfast counter. Contractor mentioned something like they need to cut the customised size and it takes 2 weeks to get the material ready; we didn't probe him further.

Edited by kooky

The painter will do another round of painting over those trucking and all other corners/areas where painting is required. We do not want to spend another sum of money on plastering these trucking as we would like to do some storage/shelving which incur an additional cost. Moreover, the concealed part is almost same colour as our paint colour, so it isn't at all so obvious.

We have chosen quartz to do the breakfaster counter. Contractor mentioned something like they need to cut the customised size and it takes 2 weeks to get the material ready; we didn't probe him further.

Oh.... Yah, agree that more storage is more important. :)

Wow!! Quartz. Nice... What color did u choose?

Hi kooky, how's ur renovation? During my renovation, I also realise that many walls and ceilings are slanted. We use some false ceiling and built-in cabinet to make it visually unnoticeable.

By the way, when can move-in?