Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
missyliang

人老心不老 - Neo's Renovation Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello cute Ah Ma, if you are doing overhaul of EM, people can 'agar agar' your reno costs already... So they will still think you are very rich.. :)

How come you bought an EM? Wouldn't it be tiring to clean and climb stairs?

Hello cute Ah Ma, if you are doing overhaul of EM, people can 'agar agar' your reno costs already... So they will still think you are very rich.. :)

How come you bought an EM? Wouldn't it be tiring to clean and climb stairs?

the agar agar still got range one ma. hahahahhaha.

If we never use our knees, very soon cannot use already! So must encourage ourselves to climb climb climb! :P

Cleaning ah, we got hire part time cleaner, so should be okay! hehe

e37c120c-dfd2-4bf2-ad52-e706fe4f8571_zps

People got hellokitty, 阿麽也有!

My 宝贝孙 (Grandson) also buy for ahma! So good boy hor?

:D :D :D :D

Aiyo, so good boy!!!

Welcome 阿麽, should be a "young" 阿麽... :notti:

It's finally my turn to share my happiness here after a year's worth of lurking around in Renotalk. :notti:

After working for 40 few years, LB (老伴, Husband) decided that it's probably time for us to move and have a dream home to retire in.

Now tell me how to contain my excitement! :dancingqueen:

layoutplan_zps1206810f.png

So far we're having all the luck, our journey to find a new home & ID came really fast&easy. Chop chop!

The COV for this resale EM was within our budget, the view from the balcony seems to be not bad (Fresh air - 10th level) and we see the possibilities in transforming it to our desired living space!

LB & I are high in spirits but apparently our bodies aren't really cooperative enough for us to visit every ID firms in Singapore. Believe us, if we could, we would! (Kiasu, Kiasi) So LB&I agreed on an ID referred by my friend lor, sweet and easy. :P

Ps:// I've spent the couple of days forcing my grandson to teach me on how to post here. Muahaha, I must be the most irritating grandma ever. 8|

2 service balcony, that nice. Congratulations..

Aiyo, so good boy!!!

Welcome 阿麽, should be a "young" 阿麽... :notti:

Hello Teofamily! Hahahahah young 阿麽 indeed! Perhaps I should get my 宝贝孙 to call me 姐姐 instead......... :P

2 service balcony, that nice. Congratulations..

Hello mark! Thank you so much! Luck came to me a little late, I wasn't that lucky back in those days. Hehe

Met up with my designer on monday afternoon to choose laminates for my carpentry! *Excited*

LB could not accompany me, so poor me went alone. :(

It was so tough to choose since there is so many variety!

So anyway it was decided that the theme will involve around plenty of greys & whites :D

Initially wasn't really keen on having too much white because we think it might not be very easy to maintain over the time?

But I gave in after hearing my designer's colleague's (nice young lady!) opinion that white can indeed brighten up the entire house.

Sounds reasonable.

So anyway, here's the laminates that designer & I have chose on monday!

2013-06-13090254_zpsd63daa6b.jpg

Doesn't show up in photo, but it's actually a pretty dusty plum color. :D (For my living room's carpentry!)

2013-06-13090245_zps6f9d3748.jpg

With white to bring the color out!

My Designer showed me the 3D drawings but don't know why cannot bring home one! So cannot scan and show you all! :(

Will update again soon ~

Would be interesting to see how your 3D design look like. You paid for ID service, don't think they should reject u to have a copy or at least a snapshot. Happy reno :))

Sorry for the lack of updates.. My renovation so far has been a total disaster asmy ID resigned as the company did not pay him his commission..... The ID firm was horrible as there is nobody else to help me in completing my renovation on time now....

Anyone interested please drop me a personal message if you would like to know which ID firm it is.

Please avoid them if you want to have a renovation.

Sorry for the lack of updates.. My renovation so far has been a total disaster asmy ID resigned as the company did not pay him his commission..... The ID firm was horrible as there is nobody else to help me in completing my renovation on time now....

Anyone interested please drop me a personal message if you would like to know which ID firm it is.

Please avoid them if you want to have a renovation.

I have posted previously in my own t-blog the ones i have been to:

Repeat: Meeting multiple IDs can be tiresome indeed...

I shall attempt to summarise the meetings in this post instead; will add on to this list as time goes by ...

1. ZL Construction www.zlconstruction.com.sg \ Jake

Young boss, competent, daring and innovative with ideas and materials. Inspires confidence. Took many preliminary ideas from here. Very responsive with ad-hoc questions. Glad we started off here.

2. 9 creation www.9creation.com.sg \ Andy

Our ID seems very "lao jiao" and professional. Sat through to work out many details. Has good spatial awareness and design intuition. Genuinely buys into our idea. A lightings and mood person. Revealed that he is the "teacher" for many D'Trenzo IDs (his previous company). We found ourselves reaching the same conclusions to the design aspects of the unit very often and thus find that communication of ideas is very smooth.

3. D'Trenzo www.dtrenzo.com \ Adrain

Self-confessed conservative. Finds our idea very "hotel-ish. Built on the "open" feel and proposed merger of 2 adjacent rooms.

4. DeFONG www.defong.com.sg \ Kevin

Surprisingly close to my fat location and thought that if we were to engage this company it might be geographically easier for them to monitor our project (lol). ID seems competent and reliable but seems more contractor-like; he is able to see what we are trying to do and came up with an itemised quotation very quickly. Very no fill no nonsense. (and as some other forummers mentioned: buffed body .. eye candy for the ladies)

5. Loyal Innovations (no website) \ William

Proposed an alternative design which we are keen to take up and modify to suit our own needs. The design change will basically allow us a rectangular living room area which is longer than the existing kitchen. However, that entails a major structural change and will likely drive the price up. Strange that the name card mentions that he is doing ERA work as well (buy/sell property).

6. LS2 www.ls2.com.sg \ Poh

The contractor himself came up to our unit. Was the only one who requested to see the unit before quoting. Gave off a very very 忠厚老实 (superbly honest and trustworthy) feel. Genuinely interested in helping us make the best of the unit. One particular idea which stuck with us was his suggestion of re-conditioning the existing solid fire-rated door instead of changing it; reason being its a good door; hence we can just removed the added ornamental wooden panels stuck on it, sand down, and paste over a laminate of our choice. Will save tonnes of money (exaggerating but you get the point).

7. Plush Living www.plushliving.com.sg \ Eddie

Promotes himself as a very 诚恳 person. Provided an alternative layout but did not enquire if I had any FS guidelines. Alternative layout was a hand-drawn layout and hence we couldn't really make out the intentions. Pending a meet-up

I can suggest you at least meet with 9 creation / zl / aterlier concepts (/me declares no affiliation)..

And yes I think you are probably the most it-savvy granny i know of! hehe

Oh dear! How about the boss of the ID firm? Can he/she help to coordinate?

The boss refuses to pick up my call, and so LB & I went over to bang tables. Ended up seeing that the firm is only left with newbies.

I have posted previously in my own t-blog the ones i have been to:

I can suggest you at least meet with 9 creation / zl / aterlier concepts (/me declares no affiliation)..

And yes I think you are probably the most it-savvy granny i know of! hehe

Thank you so much! :) I will probably contact them! THanks

For everyone's information, I think I shall give a hint on the company's name.

Br*ggs Des*g*.

Previously named p*remp**s in*er*or.

Hope you all get it and don't bother to drop them a visit!