Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Gracemagg

#thechewscorner @ Punggol Waves

thanks for the reply!

did you used 65daigou or other taobao agents?

$40 + for the tom dixon lights sounds good...

thought the shipping for 65daigou will be high considering the size...

will go shopping on taobao... :)

thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hello, I'm wondering where are u placing ur shoe cabinet? I just went to my new place last weekend and I really dislike the power supply cabinet beside the door!!! That was the area where I want to build my shoe cabinet :(

Ive been looking at lights on Taobao but how to determine if it's bright enough for my living room? Mines a 5 room flat and and the living room seems big.

Hi Grace,

Thanks for the lights link. Which size did you get for your service yard? Thought it only comes in 1 size. I'm gonna put it in the bomb shelter, think small is enough right?

Hi Rubypumps, that's the exact same problem Im facing with my place! Though of converting the power box cabinet into a shoe cabinet, but not sure how possible is it. Alternatively, might place it in front of the front door, against the wall.

thanks for the reply!

did you used 65daigou or other taobao agents?

$40 + for the tom dixon lights sounds good...

thought the shipping for 65daigou will be high considering the size...

will go shopping on taobao... :)

thanks!

I use 65daigou for all my taobao purchases :)

Hello, I'm wondering where are u placing ur shoe cabinet? I just went to my new place last weekend and I really dislike the power supply cabinet beside the door!!! That was the area where I want to build my shoe cabinet :(

Ive been looking at lights on Taobao but how to determine if it's bright enough for my living room? Mines a 5 room flat and and the living room seems big.

Hi rubypumps, my shoe cabinet will be beside my brick wall, near the door.

Carpentry will only be installed next week so I will update with pictures when the shoe cabinet is up.

Yea I wanted to use the power supply cabinet as my shoe cabinet but unfortunately it cannot be done.

So what I'm gonna do is just to change the doors of the power supply cabinet to the same as my shoe cabinet.

This way, my cabinets (Shoe and power supply) will look consistent.

As for lightings, I have no idea how much light is sufficient for my house either.

Gotta pretty much base it on my imagination after seeing the different lights and their light intensities in the lighting shops I've been to.

Sorry I can't be of much help. Perhaps you can look at the other reno t-blogs that have 5-room flats?

What is this colour code for this painting? What is the room for?

What colour paint u paint ur service yard?

r_zpsa206484c.jpg

Hi cozydreams, this room is my wardrobe room. Gonna put my L shape wardrobe and dressing table in this room.

The color code is Dulux WW 25058L.

The color of my service yard is white.

Hi Grace,

Thanks for the lights link. Which size did you get for your service yard? Thought it only comes in 1 size. I'm gonna put it in the bomb shelter, think small is enough right?

Hi Rubypumps, that's the exact same problem Im facing with my place! Though of converting the power box cabinet into a shoe cabinet, but not sure how possible is it. Alternatively, might place it in front of the front door, against the wall.

I got the biggest size for my service yard. But I think even the biggest size is a bit small for your bomb shelter. Just my thoughts :)

10057551695_c92a55d05f_z.jpg

Living Area

Wanted Haiku brand for our Ceiling Fan but realised it's about USD 900 which is way over our budget. Not sure why my taste is so expensive either.

So I compromised and bought the Crestar Aircraft 54" (Black) fan instead.

10057528174_0cc7bbfa0f_z.jpg

Dining Area

10057650023_80f2ded992_z.jpg

Kitchen Area

10057550405_c0fbc92c88_z.jpg

Corridor Area

10057549195_56d09db7f7_c.jpg

Panoramic view of our Living, Dining, Kitchen, and Corridor area

Very nice. How much did you pay for the black track lights and where did u get from? I intend to install track lights for my dining table (2 lights will shine on the table and another 2 will shine on a painting on the wall). I checked with lightings.com.sg and was quoted $10 per 1metre track and $12 for each light housing, another $30 for LED light bulb.

Hi hi

Are you hanging TV on the brick wall or at the opposite side?

When you order lights from Taobao, how long does it take to reach you? I think China voltage is different. So do you need to make any modification before it can be used or I can only buy certain model?

Very tempted to buy from Taobao but worried about the shipping cost leh...

I use 65daigou for all my taobao purchases :)

Hi Grace, I almost bought the Tom Dixon Beats light (~SGD30) with one round plate. But 65daigou told me that the volumetric kg is around 20kgs so the shipping cost to SG will be around $72. I cancelled this order. How come yours is so cheap? :( Care to share the link of the seller?

Hihi Grace, been looking at ur Reno works..it's looking great so far... Lurved ur TB lightings...

If u dun mind can share wif me if the TB lightings same with the lights in SG..I.e can fix and use or require any separate adapter... Sorry am very blur about lightings...

Btw can u pls share Mr K contact as intend to get quotation from him...pls email me at mikirfan1953@gmail.com..

Thks so much and looking forward to see ur completed unit soon :)

Very nice. How much did you pay for the black track lights and where did u get from? I intend to install track lights for my dining table (2 lights will shine on the table and another 2 will shine on a painting on the wall). I checked with lightings.com.sg and was quoted $10 per 1metre track and $12 for each light housing, another $30 for LED light bulb.

Hi aurora83, it's $360.75 for 4 track lights and a 2m track rail and they are from LightCraft.

The track lights are bit customized because the original lights come with some sort of driver (pardon my lack of technical knowledge in this area) which was like a black box on top of the spot light. So we told LightCraft that we wanted something sleak, and if they could rewire the driver thingy into the spot light itself; so that the spot light looks sleek and simple. Fortunately, they were able to do it :)

Hi hi

Are you hanging TV on the brick wall or at the opposite side?

When you order lights from Taobao, how long does it take to reach you? I think China voltage is different. So do you need to make any modification before it can be used or I can only buy certain model?

Very tempted to buy from Taobao but worried about the shipping cost leh...

Hello, the TV will be on the TV console which is on the brick wall side.

When I ordered the lights from Taobao, it took me almost 2 weeks to reach cos it was via sea freight instead of normal air shpipping, due to the size of the shipment.

No I did not need to make any modifications to the lights. The lights that they use are pretty simple; those E27 light bulbs which you can easily find here in Singapore.

nice view!! :) How high is your floor?

I'm on the 13th floor :)

Hi Grace, I almost bought the Tom Dixon Beats light (~SGD30) with one round plate. But 65daigou told me that the volumetric kg is around 20kgs so the shipping cost to SG will be around $72. I cancelled this order. How come yours is so cheap? :( Care to share the link of the seller?

Ok i'll post it again tomorrow. Somehow I'm having trouble accessing taobao site on my computer now :(

Hi Grace

How much did Mr K quote you for your renovation?

Hi vlcjessbaby, my renovation cost $35K

Hihi Grace, been looking at ur Reno works..it's looking great so far... Lurved ur TB lightings...

If u dun mind can share wif me if the TB lightings same with the lights in SG..I.e can fix and use or require any separate adapter... Sorry am very blur about lightings...

Btw can u pls share Mr K contact as intend to get quotation from him...pls email me at mikirfan1953@gmail.com..

I will share the link tomorrow as I'm having trouble accessing TB on my com now.

Yes the TB light fixtures can be used in SG as the light bulb connection is the same: E27 light bulbs

Mr K's contact is 9022 2321.

Hi guys, here is the TB link for my Tom Dixon Lights: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.25.cTSwQ9&id=12734491529